1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The only thing I really disliked about this last update...

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Help I Cant Swim, 23 Feb 2018.

1. ElMataC

ElMataC Member

There are almost all the ships in this game have 2 or 3 weapons, even by equipping only 1 mortar they got 1/3 or even 1/2 of their equipment made completely useless. And after that depending on how the battle evolved their other weapons could be useless too, like it is for you on SubZero; but this last part you have some degree of control over

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  2. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Ceiling is gone but walls are still there. Atleast on other maps you have space to avoid. Wayward Pains has become worst map on bay now.

3. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I wouldn't say the worst. Subzero still has my vote for that. I experienced for the first time this weekend getting trapped between walls by a combo of napalm and mortars. Wish they'd reverse this change.

Mr. Chompers and Neptune_Gaming like this.
  4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

While I've not been affected by mortars too much on this map, I really liked it because it was the only map that promoted truly distinct game play, and they lessened it for no good reason. I'd sign a petition for a revert, but I'd settle for a new map that limits mortar spam.

5. Shadow Moon!

For speeders it is you cannot wheeze past red circles.
    People drop mines and with mortars force you to mine traps.

PallabKumarS and Neptune_Gaming like this.
  6. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Bumping this. Had the worst mortar trapped game on Wayward last night. It was miserable as they had a 4x mortar user just sitting back and spamming them.

Devs, please consider reverting this change. Every other map is perfect for mortars. Large, open and blocks to sight lines. Wayward was the only one that didn’t allow for blind mortar spamming. And now it is worse because the walls trap you in place.

7. Shadow Moon!

This is why devs should not listen to people on forums and make changes. They should test themselves maybe roll out testing update for couple weeks before finalising it.
    Same way they killed frost torp, mk5 speeders and every change shifted meta so drastically which is reason behind all the uproar. I play other games too but never the balancing shifts meta so drastically giving unnecessary advantage to certain ships and killing their counters, it's just idiotic.

8. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

Rovio shouldn't be ind charge of a game like this with the way they balance it. Supercell, kongregate, miniclip and other companies would probably do a better job

9. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

I'm a close-medium range distance player but i don't dislike the changes dev make in wayward. The map still have a lot places like walls for defense. Theoretically, you just need to close your distance against mortar users player and their mortar will be useless. But its harder to apply it against a team that are close to each other.

10. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Although mortar aren't great weapons but the spam makes me sick, i m so relieved when i get less shooters in opposition

Crash n burn, chill zone, subzero and wayward have now become home of spammers with very few tactical points where you can hide you a**

Gonna keep bumping till they improve these stages or at least revert back the changes

Why would they promote use of mortars, a weapon of cowardice, promotes camping and zero team play.

11. Shadow Moon!

SEMC aka the vainglory creators also have 5v5 which was 3v3 in the beginning. They do balancing every month or half a month but never did they made any character useless they always balance out everything if something seems powerful or they find something to be more used character they immediately tone it down.

Last edited: 5 Mar 2018
    Zachiderp likes this.
  12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Yea I don't get it.. they originally designed their first unique map to promote hiding places, and then reverted one of the key features which circumvented the hiding (adding mortar spamming), and the people who didn't like the map in the first place still don't like it. The reason is fairly common: everyone is so used to wide open maps they equip their ships for that and wayward is a close range melee map that people aren't used to. We need this variety, and we need that variety to force players into more diverse loadouts.

I think the best thing that can happen at this point is to add more maps with more diversity. Fight House does a very good job of having a large mortar-restricted area. Crude Awakenings has the tube which restricts mortars, and it's a big risk/reward area, which is great. Beyond those (and Wayward), it's just open, everywhere.

13. Shadow Moon!

Crash n Burn, Chill Zone, Subzero all are absurd maps. They need more ceiling especially over capture zone so people need to come in close range to stop captures.

PallabKumarS and YerJokinArnYer like this.
  14. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Chill Zone is good. I like that one. The close spawn locations and 2 main directions for combat make for some awesome battles.

Mr. Chompers and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  15. Shadow Moon!

But people just spam firebombs from other side which is pathetic.

Last edited: 5 Mar 2018
  16. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I've had great success controlling the front corner on that map though. And then controlling from the corners of the two passages. I wish the back area was a little more condensed, as well as the capture area.

17. Shadow Moon!

All the mentioned maps needs more ceiling, so mortar users need to come in open space to actually land them thus making them vulnerable to cannon fire. Hide and seek gameplay is pathetic.

PallabKumarS and Lil_Torta like this.
  18. Lil_Torta

Lil_Torta Active Member

I think your play style is still viable on that map. Of course it isn’t as optimal as before but you can avoid mortars still very well but just staying in the areas that are still covered by a canopy. I believe the maps outer boundary area is pretty much all covered (I could be wrong, fact check?). Personally myself I use a FlareGun/Sniper/Canon and do fine avoiding moratars as a Enforcer.

19. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Bump. Had probably the best match I've had on Subzero in a long time. It was only because literally every player played Ring Around the Rosie like we were running from the plague... (see what I did there?). I'd love to see this map be a little more constricted. Maybe make the little island another tall pillar just like the middle one. And make it on both sides so you just have 3 tall pillars. No clue where to put the capture zone.

20. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

https://replay.battlebay.net/RDJDKMQJ#DZYTBGTC

I don't know how they thought opening the roof was good for game play on this level.
    Honestly the pandering to mortar and big torp users is getting a little too much.
    Sniper, nerfed. Telsas, nerfed. Frost, nerfed. But ironically frost/torp,mortar hasn't been.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.