1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Has targeting changed?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ViscountSniffit, 18 Feb 2018.

1. =Fee_KlocheTTe=

=Fee_KlocheTTe= Member

Best example of "everything hits now" look at this torpedo :eek: (1'13")
    (and missiles' trajectory at the same time )

Last edited: 22 Feb 2018
    Crashedup and EyesTv like this.
  2. EyesTv

EyesTv Member

Play BB
    Yes, it does it too! There is something that has changed!

3. Cleener

Cleener New Member

Yes something has changed big time, I only notice it on speeder though . It is so bad I put my speeder in the garage and sold all the parts. Use to be one of my favorites , damn shame cause I just bought the mk5 for the stun slot , trust me I was stunned .

EyesTv likes this.
  4. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Does anyone here play speeder?
    Targeting has been bad for me since this update.
    1.My scope keeps on shifting from one ship to another making me miss my shots.
    2. Scope doesn't stick to the target long enough and as I turn my ship slightly it shift to a ship which is at 30-90 degree to me.
    3. Scope constantly shifts too target which are far away from me even though there is a target right infront of me at a distance of 4-5 tiles

*JAWS*, Kalbs and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Wait, you mean it is not just because my speed got to 1.7 that I keep missing on a speeder?

Dang, something's wrong fo sho.

6. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Speeder here.

I have experienced it too. I never liked blaming the controls when I play poorly but damn the targetting has been shifting more than the usual.

Crashedup likes this.
  7. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I play speeder and yes, the current solution is awful. I sure do wish there was an option:

[ ] Leave my camera and reticle alone

Crashedup likes this.
  8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Yes. That’s why I made this topic. I have exactly the same thing happening. And it started immediately after the update.

I never had any problems with the targeter before. In fact, I was so happy with it, I didn’t even use the lock, or sticky targets. I’d just point my gun at who I wanted to shoot, and it always worked perfectly.

Then, suddenly, after the update, my target is jumping all over the place. Right as I’m about to shoot, it’ll jump to a new target, that might be 45 degrees away from where I’m pointing.

Now the game is virtually unplayable (in fact I’ve had to stop playing).

I don’t care what @Miika says about them not changing it. They’ve obviously messed with something and broke it inadvertently. Loads of people have been complaining about it, they need to take it more seriously.

*JAWS* and Crashedup like this.
  9. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Getting spun around with targetinf swinging wildly is now common occurence. Worse yet is the targeting going up and down into usuable shot or noot usable. Devs...please stop the ability to go up or down with targeting.

And uninstall latest targeting update. It hasnt improved. Its gotten worse.

@Miika

Riddlerpaji, Crashedup and Kalbs like this.
  10. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It's been jumping a lot on me lately. Some improvements can be made in the following areas:
    • Don't auto-jump while actively aiming (using the right button). I don't think anyone would disagree with this.
    • Long distance enemies disappear in plain sight once I get the bead on them. It's likely due to a distance limit, and a teammate must have been closer and just moved away, because in most cases neither me nor my target is moving. I commonly run two non-sniper weapons that can reach that range, there is no obstruction, but the problem is right before the trigger is pulled, the enemy disappears and auto-aim aggressively bounces away and a second attempt is usually futile.
    • Today I had a situation where I had two enemies in front of me, and the auto-aim kept trying to bounce back and forth between them.... never actually getting the aim to either boat, just bouncing back and forth in the middle as if it couldn't make up its mind. Very rare and was as humorous as it was frustrating.
    • Close-range auto-aim purposely bounces off the first time a boat approaches when it reaches a specific distance. It is logical to keep an aim on a rushing opponent but when they get to a specific distance aim purposefully goes haywire at, usually, the most inopportune time. It's frustrating but it probably saves me from a shot as well. Honestly I'd just like an explanation why it was designed to do this.
    I've actually noticed zero issues with the vertical aim change, and honestly think the aiming is pretty good... but if nothing else, that first item needs to be addressed.

11. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    No issues with the aiming here. Must be you are bad at aiming ;) ( no offense intended)

12. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Oh okay I think that's it, we just suck at aiming. Time to close the thread boys, here's the answer to our question.

Riddlerpaji and What's Up Player like this.
  13. angrywasp

angrywasp New Member

Completely agree. Something besides "a few lines of code" changed and screwed a number of things up. My steering randomly stops in matches in addition to the jumping/uncontrollable aiming.

14. Jason 26

Jason 26 New Member

Ever since the update I've noticed that when I try to shoot at a target close to me, the target switches very quickly to a target out of range so I miss my shots. It's also glitched somehow and the turret would turn away completely where I can't shoot. I'd love if the target lock system would be fixed

Crashedup likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

I guess I face this issue less than most, since I am on near-constant target lock in a match. But I seriously thought it was the result of my turbo levelling.

16. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

This!! No way I missed shot like that before the last update, now it happens regularly. Something went wrong.

17. Trajectory Pete

Trajectory Pete New Member

I am also having problems with the targeting system. No other problems in game, but if the development team don't/won't fix this, then I will stop playing this game. Very frustrating when the target unlocks just as your thumb is coming down on the trigger.

18. Trajectory Pete

Trajectory Pete New Member

It is NOT your turbo, it is not specific to speeders! I play with all ships to complete quests. It is a common problem with all ships.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. TheAntiSnipe

You should actually practise locking before you shoot, it really helps these days lol. My target used to get thrown off as well, but nowadays I have full control over my targeting. Not on a speeder tho. Not anymore. The vertical compensation totally throws me off most of the time, to the point that I'm afraid to take vertical lead shots on the Bay nowadays.

LimeOnMars likes this.