1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

(*FIXER'S UNION*)

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Gamesmith420, 8 May 2017.

?

Will fixers ever receive compensation for a job well done? And do you think they should?

Poll closed 18 May 2017.
  1. Yes

68.7%
  2. Maybe? Should definitely be considered!

28.9%
  3. No

2.4%
  1. PAwn o PiES

PAwn o PiES New Member

Honestly I find repair box launcher meh. The repair pulse , while it won't immediately give a ton of health, gives around the same amount of health of a box over it's entire duration, and it heals not only u, but ur teammates in a large area around you. That and you don't have hope that your teammates actually notice the health box.

Miathan likes this.
  2. HeWhoHasCake

HeWhoHasCake New Member

Repair box launcher is pretty meh, but another one-slot healing item is almost a necessity.

3. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Duct tape? You have speed options, boxes and pulse...all keep you alive quite well. You learn to throw a box on yourself and you're ready to take another hit as you zoom to cover. Who needs self-healing options for a healer?

4. RESQMI

RESQMI Active Member

Repair box plus side is that it heals instantly but comes with a trade off requiring to aim and launch.
    At higher level pulse healing over time is not enough to cover the damage being dealt even if it is max out.
    If you are the last ship in a game trying to survive, by taking your launched box to heal actually let unfriendlies predict where you will be moving but with duct tape you can heal together with pulse running in circle for better survivability.
    My set up when using fixer mk5 is a pulse with 2 boxes. Those fixer with experience can tell you that they are not easy to master, most of the time I'm trying to predict friendlies movement to launch the boxes that I lost forcus on my surrounding getting hit by torpedoes and mines.
    All in all which ever the setup you using, most importantly you are comfortable and enjoying the game with it.
    Who knows when duct tape will receive a buff due to under usage down the road, those who invested in it early in the game will get an advantage then.

5. Whistler

Whistler Active Member

I believe the best advantage of boxes is that you can drop them beforehand, having many available heals ready for your team to take, if a teammate is almost dead but managed to retreat to your box nest then they can take a couple of boxes at once. Whenever I don't have no one who needs immediate healing nor have no one to shoot I'll drop a box for later.

6. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Honestly, a little practice (I'm not an uber player or mk5 and it wasn't hard), and aiming and launching repair boxes on top of yourself while moving becomes so easy; it's definitely easier than hitting allies because you know where you will be. II have turned quite a few games into draws where I am the last standing because multiple boats can't get me down as I race around healing myself (and boy is it funny). I have even out healed through a speeder hitting me with multiple shots with a minute to go. I have survived death spiral shootouts on the cap, dropping boxes (I feel like I should say dimes!) as I fire into an unfriend. I am not the highest level player, but my point is that self healing with the tools you have is viable without duct. I die when a team focus fires me earlier on typically...you can't expect to survive that if you are exposed.

Enjoyment is paramount. I just don't personally see how duct can out justify the versatility of pulse and box. IMHO.

I am having fun as fixer. You too. And do what you want in the end! :)

7. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    I love racing around a corner for a quick snack. So satisfying!

8. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Plenty of fine arguments in favour of box.

All Im saying is that when I was mk3+4 I had found an epic duct tape and no rare/epic Box.
    Perhaps not optimal, but it works ok at lower level play. I capped out at 2990 infamy with my mk4 duct tape Fixer

9. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

New fixer here! I love the class, but I find it very limited. Especially in terms of items, there is almost 0 differentiation in our builds as we basically juggle between 2 items and every MK level has an obvious choice.
    Wondering: How do you feel about the idea of adding buffing green items? Imagine if we could equip a dmg buff with area effect, or a speed buff. Not only it would make fixers more interesting (and more capable of surviving in 1 on 1 situations), but I think players would play more as a team as well, sticking with the fixers for buffs. I'd love to see that implemented

10. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Some of the items we equip, especially the yellow, can serve a buff like role. One issue I have with the game is that you cannot tell what your teammates have equipped easily. This would let you know to stick with them more easily if they have items that complement your own.

On the other hand, considering all the healing we do, it is tough when all the shooters and defenders split up. They should support each other, not just stay for the heals Good tactics are good tactics. Can a fixer fix stupid?

11. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

Yes, they buff us, but not the team. Right now there the only incentive to stick together is the healing power. What if we could speed boost the team? Imagine a defender being decently fast because of a healer. I think buffing would make some roles less stale as well as enhance the power of teamwork

ThirstySeal likes this.
  12. PAwn o PiES

PAwn o PiES New Member

Dear god, a defender moving quickly would be amazing. One issue I find with the fixer is sometimes the lack of fixing they actually do. I see them fire a couple of shots, but they rarely ever release a box if they have one, and use a ton of duct tape or whatever to supplement their own durability. Also there are moments when I find a lone fixer trying to attack my team from behind, separated from his team.

13. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    That sux. Remember though that a dead fixer does no one any good. Often we have to tank a fight. We get targeted frequently by smart teams, and you end up throwing boxes on yourself to keep from disintegrating. I find myself taking the role of damage sponge all the time, while my teammates get to fire on the enemy. Also, how do you know other teammates didn't get a box? A lot of unknown happens under the fog of battle bay!

14. Lionblaze

Lionblaze New Member

lol totally they never retreat :p

15. Red Herring

Red Herring New Member

For all the complaining I like to do about every one splitting up the past few games I played I actually had a Shooter and a Enforcer body blocking shots for me when I was low. I doubt they will come to a fixers forum but I just wanted itnto be known there are some great lower ranking players also (that aren't us fixers)

Whistler likes this.
  16. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Thank you for another constructive and well articulated contribution.

Red Herring, codemonkee and Whistler like this.
  17. Fiorell

Fiorell Active Member

Some ideas for new green items:

Healing Buoy: Can be deployed like a healing box but doesn't needed to be picked up. Heals over time all friendly ships in it's reach.
    De-Zapper: Removes tesla stun/frost/fire from friendly ships or shields from enemy ships.
    Life-Drain: Target an enemy and as long he is within reach, drain life points from him and add them to the fixer.
    Armor: All friendly ships within its range increase defense (the effect moves with the fixer).
    Life-Swap: Target a friendly ship and swap life points (of course this has to take into account that ships have different max health).

18. rlxgenerate

rlxgenerate Active Member

As a fixer...stay back
    As a "non-fixer"...GET THE #$@! OUT FROM IN FRONT OR ON TOP OF MY LINE OF SIGHT SO I CAN HIT THE FREAKING NON-FRIENDLY.
    Okay...that's my rant for the day. :)

19. ThirstySeal

ThirstySeal Member

Some great ideas there, @Fiorell. Devs take note!

A life-drain buoy would also be interesting - a time-limited area-control device that would suck life from unfriendlies in its radius and add the drained points across the friendly team.

Defense pulse: adds defense points to friendlies for a short period, basically works like fixing pulse but with different effect.

20. ThirstySeal

ThirstySeal Member

And, just my 2c .... death to any fixers using duct tape!