1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to post in VIP or global chat?

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Perswayable, 30 May 2017.

1. Perswayable

Perswayable Member

unable to post in any of the channels. Was wondering this is a glitch?

2. Miika

Miika Game Lead

That means you have been (temporarily) muted for doing something wrong in the chat.

Perswayable likes this.
  3. Perswayable

Perswayable Member

But I can communicate in guild chat. Is that part of the permissions?

But that would make sense I believe. I was advertising my twitch channel so I take responsibility for that. I'll have to be more mindful of that going forward (my sincere apologies). Any way to find out how long the mute is for?

4. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

As being first time temporarely banned from chat, it usually lasts from 1 hour to 1 day if not bad spamming/harrasment or so. If more serious it can be longer (a week maybe)
    There's no way to find it out unless you try to say somthing in chat (please do not advertise anymore if you get banned because of that)

Cheers :cool:

5. Perswayable

Perswayable Member

Yeah, it's just that was like two days ago. I was typing just fine last night so that's where I am confused (and was not advertising). So I'm not really sure what the mute is for. That's the confusing part. If I was advertising last night then sure, but I wasn't. So I do not understand what the mute is for.

6. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

The ban might have come throught report so it has come with a little delay so to say. Don't worry, it will pass soon enough

7. Perswayable

Perswayable Member

Definitely. Apparently it's going to be a long one. Still unable to communicate. Unfortunately really.

8. Perswayable

Perswayable Member

Still muted lol.

9. Softmurks

Softmurks New Member

I bet someone reported u for nothing

10. Perswayable

Perswayable Member

Bruh, I have no idea. I think it was because I was copying and pasting advertising to my twitch but I would do it every few matches. And I would make sure none of my messages were on the screen before doing it again. Granted, I get the logic behind the action if that's what I was reported for, but this was a first time offense and really I wasn't hurting anyone. Just trying to bring the community together, go on live cam, and give people an outlet to ask questions pertaining to tactics and tips.

I'm not complaining if this is what I was muted for, but no communication as to how long this will be, or what for, is what's frustrating. I've put a lot of money into the game (not that I should be given special treatment) but it signifies my willingness to be an integral member here and not a random fake account wreaking havoc haha.

I'm almost certain other streamers reported me. Some people want to hog that attention for themselves which is fine -- I'll just be more careful going forward. Frustrating though.

11. Softmurks

Softmurks New Member

Dude i dunno why someone report people like u lol

12. Perswayable

Perswayable Member

Thanks man. Not everyone got your heart bruh.

13. Perswayable

Perswayable Member

Update: Still muted. No idea why or for how long. Blah. No options to find out why or for how long. Willing to supply all admins with beer ;)