1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Guild Bay idea and more...

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by lolawola, 26 May 2017.

1. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

hello, I'd like to present an idea to improve upon the guilds, as there is no real reason to stay in one. and no, this is not about guild wars, nor trading. (there is already a humongous amount of threads about that topic, so please keep it clean here)

1. guild management and daily login:
    right now, there is no easy way to distinguish who is active and who is not (or if they still play at all). players as a guild need to work together to improve upon their "guild bay" (i will get to this later) with a daily login where they offer a set amount of parts to level up their guild and get a reward depending on what rarity parts they offer. the reward can be either received daily for each member individually, or accumulate throughout the week and then everyone gets a reward box according to their contribution to the guild.
    it also should be visible to the leader and officers, who helped out, how much and how often during whole week.

2. guild bay:
    each guild should be presented with its own bay. a simple map where everyone can enter, chat (normal guild chat needs to be allowed here, not the fast chat), float around, have a target practice, try out and discuss strategies, have 2v2-5v5, even free for all... simply put a good old practice mode with plenty features, even bot adding. let your imagination run wild here as it wont break the actual season league competition.
    as you level up your guild, your guild bay will obviously improve with either different features or bigger rewards from daily guild donations.

3. reserved...

what do you devs, guys and gals think?
    i will keep this post updated in case someone comes up with new ways how to make our beloved guilds better, or improvements to my offthetopofmyhead ideas :)

D3X, Captain_Perry and MicroWilly like this.
  2. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Yes, I think everyone agrees that guilds are not very useful at the moment. It would be awesome to have a practice room to play against guild members and experiment without having to lose infamy. I highly support this

lolawola and MicroWilly like this.
  3. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

ty for your support. it would help new players, as well as veterans to learn and practice different flanking maneuvers and work as a team.
    though the main point is to be able to see how each individual is beneficial for the guild and weed out the ones that dont play anymore. right now i have to take screen of every member and then compare at the end of the week, whether their number of battles has risen... if not, no point keeping them around, right?

4. Captain_Perry

Captain_Perry Active Member

lolawola likes this.
  5. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

nice, yours is a similar idea, but it involves trading between players. one can maybe only ask for expensive epic parts, and dont give anything back or find a way to abuse it with multiple accounts or something. that way one player will be getting richer and the other poorer. atm 5 epic parts from shop cost 85k, and if you were to donate all 5, I'd expect to at least make a profit.

i was thinking something similar like when you're building a house. you give out the material (parts or cells in this scenario) to build up your house from ground up. the reward could be either gold or a weapon piece, in addition giving your guild xp. the higher level your guild, the better reward.

6. Verb

Verb New Member

All for #2

lolawola likes this.
  7. hypurr

hypurr New Member

Upvote. Guilds definitely need a purpose. :D

lolawola likes this.
  8. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

what about #1 :)

9. Verb

Verb New Member

I'm a guild leader myself. So I know the pain, but #2 would give the game more edge. and more strategy, "fleet formations" blah blah blah. :)

lolawola likes this.
  10. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

lol. yeah, would be nice to see some improvements. within reason of course, not something that would break the game

11. Fix-it

Fix-it Active Member

Student
    Guild bay seems nice

12. Captain_Perry

Captain_Perry Active Member

Great ideas over here! Since I don't want to create a new thread (to avoid making the forums more messy), here would be my take at ideas for making guilds better.
    This would be mainly focused on in-guild features.

1. Donation system
    Just like Clash Royale (I'm not copying...), guilds should have a donation system located at the guild icon on main screen (the one you select to look at members). It should be able to allow players to request for items such as power cells, parts (maybe 8 hours per request) and maybe once a week an item piece. Others could respond to the request by donating (each player should have a limit of how many you can donate for each request). Requests should only be unlocked when players are level 5 or above, and they would slowly unlock more to request as their captain level increases (so you can't ask for rares and epics on a low level). As for answering requests by donating, players could get a small treat (e.g. Gold, sugar or even pearls) and perhaps even gain experience for guild (see next idea). For more details of this idea, click HERE to read (there are also related posts throughout that entire thread)

2. Guild experience + Guild tournaments
    Not only should players be in leagues, but guilds should have leagues too! Maybe guild leagues should be divided by total infamy, so it would balance out. Guild tournaments should include missions that last a few days throughout the week (twice per season), and examples include "Destroy the most ships!" Or "Earn the most stars!" Or "Win the most battles!" And so on. The results should be based on every guild member's contributions (they'll count as one) and winners (losers too) would be awarded prizes for victory. Thus, that should gain guild experience.
    Guild experience is something that all my points have. It's something like Captain level, but completed through guild efforts. Examples of gaining experience include donation (point 1) and leagues (point 2), and the more experience, the more perks (see point 3) guild members would get.

3. Guild perks
    Guild perks should be of course, based on guild level. The higher the guild level, the more perks everyone gets. Guild perks are applicable to everyone in that specific guild. Examples include "X% bonus in gold/sugar/pearls from battles", "X% bonus rewards in daily battle boxes/gifts from home", "X% chance of rarer items appearing in shop" and so on.

Whew, sorry for the long post! Hope everyone sees my idea and I look forward to this being implemented (of course, along with @lolawola's ideas) ;)

lolawola and Rock'N'Rolla like this.