1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Time To Buff Defender... or nerf Shooters and Enforcers. Fixes suggested.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by *JAWS*, 17 Feb 2018.

1. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

So are you saying that defender needs enhancements to make it more fun, or are you just trying to muddy the water because your team has so much trouble with systems and balancing?

2. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Of course peoplehave more fun playing other boats because people can win the damn 1v1 and 2v1 games using them. None of you Devs play defender either. Most of you don't even have anything over mk3 to know what's it like.
    I've stopped myself from saying this many times but I don't think any of you know your own game when it comes to defender.

3. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I think that we all think that the devs should spend more playing their game rather than developing it. ;)

Mr.FixIt.Nsk and Elena Kr like this.
  4. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    What ”agility” exactly?

5. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

LoL. Even a single game with mk6 defender would be enlightening but even that's too hard given most of them down even have mk4.
    They're just going by the fact the defender is strong in early game so it must be op in late game.

Zachiderp and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. jSwtch

jSwtch Member

Def might need a buff, but shooters and enfo do not need to be nerfed.

Buff defenders hp 50% then create a %hp on hit damage weapon - good for speeders who need another option

*JAWS* likes this.
  7. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    You got balls, and good ones! lol :D

Terry Morgan likes this.
  8. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

People who play shooter are applying a turbo to it, and whenever I am shooting a big trop at them, they are able to stop and back up alsmost as fast as an enforcer.

9. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Turbo does nothing for reverse agility, and shooter isn’t as fast as enfo in that. I have experience in both ships. Shooter has the second slowest turret and turning speeds, and it’s probably the second slowest ship too (i can’t say if fixer is slower)

10. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Shooter is definelty slow, my mk 5 speeder can’t keep up with some mk 5 shooters. And turbo does help with ship speed both ways

11. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

@The Grim Repair
    Devs havent responded yet to most defender players request to see our developer team start playing Defender boats.
    Even playing our boat half the time will show how not fun it is

And how its lacking certain attributes to make it better.

Some new suggestions even in last few days are increase all blue items effects for defenders by 20 percent. This would be a fantastic buff.
    And make defender more of a tank.
    I would love to see a response Grim that developers will start using The Big Blue boat.

Understanding comes by walking a mile in our blue shoes.

Kindest regards,

Jaws

12. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I really want defender to be more of a tank too, because there are so many scared push defenders, and I understand because when they do what they have to do, like make a charge, they get destroyed so fast.

Valkhadin, FearsomeChicken and *JAWS* like this.
  13. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Could you possibly intergrate into the next update, that there is at least the same type of boat on both teams every match? Thank you.

14. Capitan Blyad

Capitan Blyad New Member

Indeed,us defenders are verry easy targets due to our agility limitations,enforsers are way 2 op with the double tesla shield,and the hitbox of the defender is just not right,i get hit by a torpedo every time when i think it just passed trough,but no it hits me without touching me,i love defender because i love playing as a tank,but in battle bay is WAY to difficult because of mortars or torpedo spams,and 1 speeder or enforser could kill a deffender with ease,so nerfing enforser would be verry good,and i hope we get back our previois range on ex cannon(i miss the good range on my 2nd fav.weapon)anyways thx for reading and have a nice day

*JAWS* and HARPO! like this.
  15. xxxBISMARCKxxx

Hold on now as a defender main I absolutely reject that it isn't fun... why would I be maining it otherwise lol...

HARPO! likes this.
  16. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

It used to be more fun before all the weapons nerfs.

But now. Just feel like a giant huge rolling billboard with a red bullseye floating round the bay.

Dying before I can dish out my beautiful ex cannon shark bite.

I now keep playing it out of stubborness.

Defender was the only boat I ever wanted to play since seeing Porthos.

17. xxxBISMARCKxxx

I'm running big shield/rudder/lube/bandage/turbo, definitely get wrecked sometimes but also has its moments... maybe I will post some vids. Been hanging around in Ace 1 for a really long time so I'm probably not fully optimized for meta but at least I'm having fun...

18. Capitan Blyad

Capitan Blyad New Member

The game is made to have fun,but with all these nerfs,playing defender isnt really fun unless u r a tank lover,das y defender needs a buff(idk why but in most games dey always nerf tanks coz ppl cant face em,)

*JAWS*, Elena Kr and HARPO! like this.
  19. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

I WAS a push defender if the ever was one,b ut now I'm on shooter and likley to stay as on blue now you just get evaporated before you can even get into firing range of defender weapons. And shooter i don't have to pray I don't die waiting on weapon cooldowns. Bye bye blue!!!

Turkett

*JAWS* likes this.
  20. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is why everyone is calling for a shooter nerf of some kind, or an enforcer nerf because enforcers are known for using weapons with short cool downs, and their agility is insane

*JAWS* and Elena Kr like this.