1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Question(s) about ban/mute in global chat

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by mang inasar, 29 May 2017.

1. mang inasar

mang inasar Active Member

(i hope a mod/admin/dev could address my inquiry)

Just today, there was talk in the "tagalog" global chat community in battle bay that some people were either banned or muted. A few names came up ( i won't be mentioning any) and surely enough, the most toxic, rude and detestable guy was on the list. First thing that came to my mind was "great the toxic guy got what was coming" but i also noticed some very nice and good people among the ones supposedly banned or muted from global chat. i found it incomprehensible that such people received the same punishment or tratment as the toxic guy.

My questions are: What's the basis for the bans or mutes? Is it just being reported or do you have teams that read transcripts of the chat before taking action? what if the toxic guy and his friends report someone ramdomly? would that random person be banned if enough people report him or do you have translators who read the transcripts of chat to see if reporting is really accurate or if it is just done by trolls?

2. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    We always look into reports, and false reports are punished.

Stelmo likes this.
  3. mang inasar

thanks that sounds good.

4. manueliz30

manueliz30 Member

how did i get muted? I'm not even doing this things..
    Spamming
    Circumventing our profanity filters
    Badmouthing players
    Toxic messages
    Arguments.
    Ban evasion
    -Creating a new account for circumventing chat & other bans
    Forbidden topics
    -Politics, religion, racism.

please review @Zeus :(:(:(:(
    I only chat once per global advertising my recorded videos in battle bay.
    and how do i know when will mute will gone? please help! i cant chat in VIP as well ~_~. IMAGE.jpg

@Zeus

5. mammoth1946

mammoth1946 Active Member

Hi liz, it seemd the dev is ignoring you. it could be a week mute.

6. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Honestly, it feels like spam to me.. chat is busy enough and if everyone did this, we'd just get non stop utube spam.

Get your guild to watch it, if its any good they will tell their friends and itll publicise itself

Sorry!

Bomby McBombface and Miathan like this.
  7. mang inasar

I do not think its spamming .. seems like she posted it once
    if she posted it multiple times in a row id say thats spamming.
    by the way, youtubers help form the so-called "communites" of their respective countries with regards to a game. supercell knows this well and treats youtubers well. i assume rovio also knows this and will take action regarding your plight Princesslizzie.

8. mammoth1946

mammoth1946 Active Member

Actually their is a notice in the game, for YouTube for phortos. Battlebay supported YouTubers.

9. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

She did post that to every single chat room there is (I think at least most of them). So that is counted as a spam. That's why she has got the ban. Anyway I once got temporare ban for badmouthing :rolleyes: and it lasted like an hour because it was my first (and so far last) ban. In case PrincessLizzzie haven't got bans before, I think it ends really quickly. There's no notification about ending though so only way to find out when the ban has ended is to try to say something to chat. Please remember that still being under ban doesn't give you possibility to spam that "Hi" to there. Just try once, wait a bit and if nothing appears, try again in an hour or so.

Chat bans are temporary only I think so no worries. That is not the worst category so I think it won't last whole week as said above.
    Cheers :cool:

10. BirdFly

BirdFly Member

I did bad mouthing and I'm still muted. This is my first ban but it's almost a week now. I even think this can be a permanent ban cz don't think they have a good report system or they read reports. It's about how many people reported you nothing else I'm sure. They just look at how many reports there are and banning the person according to that. I already bought that 10 days pearl thingie an I was thinking about buying 30 days vip to skip ads but I will wait for week to end and see if I'm still banned. If I am banned I will uninstall the game instantly cz I don't want to waste my time with the system that gives a month ban as the first time ban. That shows how careless the company is about players.

11. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Maybe next time you will think twice before spouting abuse in chat?
    Working as intended.

Bomby McBombface likes this.
  12. BirdFly

BirdFly Member

Okay I posted an another reply but it got deleted. They said it includes insulting or something. Anyway. What I said whitout insult ( "I GUESS" cz I couldn't really find insult there) I don't take comments serious that there is no character in it. If I want to take them serious I would go and talk with online bots.
    Here we go. I wonder if I will get an another warning for this comment.
    Or maybe I will get one just because I said "Here we go. I wonder if I will get an another warning for this comment."
    Or not.

13. OniZoro

OniZoro Member

People actually use that cancerous chat?

Bomby McBombface likes this.
  14. BirdFly

BirdFly Member

I used to use it to help new players a lot but some players like this monobrow guy make me so mad easily so I got muted. Fairly. Except the ban duration -.-'

15. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I only ever use VIP chat. There's actual nice people helping others and discussing game mechanics there. Non-VIP chat is horrible.