1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mines are confusing

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SupremeCalamitas, 24 Feb 2018.

?

Should there be a distinction between enemy and friendly mines?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    65.6%
  1. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Let's say someone on your team has mines, but someone on the enemy team has mines too. This has happened many times to me, and I have died because of mines because I thought it was a team mate's mine. Please do something about this.

2. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

I like it the way it is. This would actually be a nerf to mines because if it was implemented, less mines would be touched by other players, and practically the only way people would activate the mines is if they somebody dropped behind them and they didn't see it.

ThatOnion likes this.
  3. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Not necessarily a nerf. I always make sure to dodge mines even if I think they're probably friendly, so the only mines I hit are the ones I don't see. If they were colored, then I would be able to safely pass through areas that are covered by friendly mines (good for the mine user's team). And it would still serve the purpose of blocking off the other team.

The way it is now, you're basically trapping both teams because it's not worth risking the chance of going through to see if they're friendly mines. The way it could be: players on mine user team able to freely move while the other team is trapped.

Last edited: 24 Feb 2018
  4. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I like thinking of it like that. You could even make that sound like a buff to mines.... “friendly team no longer scared of friendly mines, enemy team still scared of enemy mines.”

Ian likes this.
  5. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Seen an increase in mines lately, are they becoming the new meta? If they are then something will probably have to get changed about them because it's not necessarily a great gaming experience when there gets to be a crazy amount of mines on the board

Spongeboat, Ian and Hokuse like this.
  6. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Same :(

xxxBISMARCKxxx likes this.
  7. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

If you knew they weren't your team's mines you wouldn't hit them. They area control, you shouldn't know. If you use them take your chances. I like throwing mine on top of the unfriends when they come out with them.

TheAntiSnipe and Disguised like this.
  8. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Yep.

9. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Yeah how it works out is you have to dodge all mines unless you're really sure about them. Ok but now mines go meta and there's literally like 20+ mines on the map lol... SO MUCH FUN

Last edited: 25 Feb 2018
    Ian and Disguised like this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Hey, dude, remember that match we played yesterday in Dropdead? That match was SO COOL!

Anyway. On the topic of mines. I have been actively working on a "trapsetter" blast+flare+mine build for my enfo, with some success. Thing with mines is, the ability to mess with your opponent's heads, like planting a mine on top of an enemy mine, is amazingly powerful and plays with their confidence. With a nerf like this, mines will lose 50% of their functionality, unfortunately.

wtfack and fr4nk1yn like this.
  11. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

I think ultimately it comes down to this is a game of teamwork and the way mines are handled now they are difficult to use strategically as a team. I think it would improve game play and teamwork to highlight friendly mines a different color. Leave the opponent mines the same difficult to see color. 95% of the time I hit a mine was because I didn't see it anyway.

Ian likes this.
  12. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

If only Rovio could have added the item loadout of your teammates in the loading screen BEFORE the game, that will be a huge help. No changes needed in the Mines itself. It will also promote better teamwork and strategy.

But no, they added the item loadout AFTER the game lol genius

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. Trium

Trium Active Member

Definitely not. It is really interesting feature of the BattleBay.

You should watch the mini map and the general situation during the battle. In this way you will be hit by the enemy mine once in ten battles.
    Of course if you just spam mortars, without paying attention to what is going on, then you will be confused.

14. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

of course not! what reason will be in mines then?