1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

General COMPLAIN

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Hugh Mungus, 23 Feb 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hugh Mungus

Hugh Mungus New Member

I have been playing this game for a week and it was really fun. But the more I progressed the more I encountered players with mk3-4 ships in 500 - 700 infamy. How am I suppose to play against 3k+ hp with 300+ damage every shots when I am 900 hp and even afraid of just looking at them ( those torpedos and railguns are scary as shit ). I'm pretty good at the game myself ( maybe because I manage to somehow climb against all that ). But now all I can do is hide behind my teamates ( whose also mk3-4 ) like a pussy because they will focus me and I will get rekt real fast. CONCLUSION : THE GAME ISN'T FUN ANYMORE.

Sincerely, a free-to-play player :)

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Yeah, the game is long and full of idiots, as an F2P, I can testify to that. You gotta put in a lot of work.

Also, to get yourself a mk4, hold those weapon upgrades and focus on crew training for now. It'll be worth it.

Nikkie!, PastelPiku and Hugh Mungus like this.
  3. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Get a mk4 and try and u might evn get to ace, 2300 infamy.

4. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

5. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    There could be a few reasons for this

1. Those high mk ship players could be intentionally losing infamy to "have more fun" (they will lose rewards if they go down too much)
    2. Those players could be...how should I put it....really really bad at the game, but have a ton of patience. So they upgrade everything normally but still don't know how to play

3. (The most likely) You are an above average player. So the game pairs you will higher mk ships with more hp/better weapons to counter that. (They don't want you to be TOO successful ;) )

It sucks, we all know, but that's the way the game was designed.

#CK likes this.
  6. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    No its a hellhole in the under 1500 infamy place where mk2s and mk6s mingle. Lots of players are stuck teher but can never get better so just get better ships but still dont get better. As more people join a negative multiplier effect happens making it even worse, 4 months ago it was bad, but now its way worse.

7. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Welcome to Battle Bay. I think every new and non-casual player experiences this. I certainly did. I like fighting above my weight class as a general rule but Battle Bay takes that to ridiculous extremes and it doesn't reward you for the effort.

You can read up on the various threads on these boards about matchmaking, seal-clubbing, and tanking. Tanking refers to the practice of deliberately keeping your infamy low in order to "club baby seals".

Rovio has just begun to address this problem as of the last patch but they have a long way to go and it's not clear they really understand the root cause. The best advice I can offer you is to very VERY careful about your own infamy and grind away. Eventually you'll get to a well developed M5 boat and the gap between you and the boats you are facing will get a lot smaller because it has to. But yes, the new player experience in Battle Bay is horrific.

PastelPiku likes this.
  8. ElMataC

ElMataC Member

Yup, you have to get use to this :D
    Because even when you'll match their ships and/or weapons you'll just gain infamy and find even more powerful weapons and ships, so either you roll with it and accept that you'll have to play "differently" or give up the game (I genuinely don't want to be mean, but if you really do not like playing against inherently more powerful opponents than just know that this game is probably not for you, your fault being you're likely too good :S )

Da Carronade King likes this.
  9. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

General Complain, I salute you.
    Signed,
    Colonel Conspiracy

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  10. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

Something the game should fix but won't sadly. The gsme focuses more on gear rather than skill and no matter how well you play there is always someone who pays more than you for their gear to win. Unless you want to grind like hell and face these unfair opponets for a long while I suggest you play this game casually or find another one until this problem is fixed

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

As a F2P for 9 months: this game is awesome and you will find yourself stuck for a while at some infamy, but then you + your gear + your crew members will get better and you'll start to climb the infamy ladder again.
    There's no conspiration, the game is not trying to force you to lose games, you lose when you + your gear + your crew members are not enough to make your team win.

#CK and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  12. Nimzor

Nimzor Member

Part of the problem is that most ships feel incredibly squishy unitill you get to plus level 30. thats when you get MK5 and close to level 4 shields. Before then, just taking 1 random torpedo or 1 big crit is enough to put you in the danger zone of being focused fired down in a few seconds. it can make the game seem incredibly unfair.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

The devs already put something in the matchmaking to include the same boat level on both sides. I think that If they restrict the matchmaking even more we'd have to wait minutes instead of seconds before every battle... IMHO that'd be worst than face higher leveled boats.

14. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    A few weeks ago I commented about how amazing it was that the game is even having new players comming in. I created a mini just to see how it was nowadays, and all I can tell you is that to cope with all the carnage down that level, you see your self as the wingman of the strongest boat of your team. Just stick to him/her and try to support him/her as much as you can, don't try to be the damage dealer as at that level, if you are very luck, will have a T2 weapon. It don't matter which weapon you choose, because it is more likely that it will be the weakest of the match, the important thing is that you focus on the same target your partner is. Don't hide, 'cos at the end you will be the last one alive and irrelevant.

In my case (I'm also a F2P), the gear that RNGsus gave me were more suited for fixer, so I went that way and this is how I'm right now after 981 battles:
    Screenshot_20180224-110333.png
    Screenshot_20180224-113132.png

You will be the first to die, that is for sure, but don't worry about that, just move on to the next battle and carry on giving support to the strongest friend alive.

Nikkie! likes this.
  15. Mr Meaner

Mr Meaner Active Member

Nothing is more gratifying than dominating a team full of superior ship classes and overpowered gear. It is the ultimate justification of your skill.

16. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

The only solution for this matchmaking is that we want more no.of players than we have currently.If more no.of players started to play this game,then I will surely tell u that this matchmaking problem will be solved.
    Since currently it has few no.of players,it is very hard to choose the online players.:):):)

Nikkie! likes this.
  17. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Ugh. I hate when people complain about the matchmaking. Deal with it a and GRIND

18. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I'll agree with that... even efore the MK6's joined the mix 1000-1700 was always defined by frustration and inconsistency in player qualities. You have to get above that to avoid pulling out your hair.

Da Carronade King likes this.
  19. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

It's worth pointing out that those M2's wouldn't feel quite so squishy if they weren't being hit by E30 guns. ANYTHING feels squishy when it's outmatched by orders of magnitude. For the life of me I cannot imagine why Rovio so strongly encourages seal clubbing.

Last edited: 26 Feb 2018
  20. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Maybe changing 5 vs 5 real time battles to 4 vs 4 real time battles will help us greatly.:rolleyes::rolleyes::oops:

Nikkie! and Da Carronade King like this.