1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on torpedo splash damage? Not a fan myself.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Perswayable, 19 May 2017.

1. aaaxxd

aaaxxd Member

Mortars often get blocked by structures over the head, and it is pretty much impossible to see them unlike those that will block torpedoes. I love mortars, but they become useless in some maps.

2. Weaponizer

Weaponizer Member

I see your reasons, and that's why I use a Rare Cannon as a primary on my Shooter. I use an Uncommon Standard Mortar for my secondary along with a Sniper Cannon. :)

3. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

You can just edit the post. There are Edit and Delete buttons at the bottoms of replies you posted yourself.

4. Perswayable

Perswayable Member

The torpedo splash damage should not be a thing. If it hits a wall and does damage to me, it just makes no sense. Torpedos going past e and hitting a wall near me shouldn't do splash damage.

5. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    Why not? It is part of the weapon feature. We, that use thorps, count on that, specially if we are against speeders and enforcers.

6. Perswayable

Perswayable Member

Unlimited range, splash damage, ridiculous damage...can also be used in short combat...the weapon has barely any cons other than missing. The weapon is imbalanced. Either reduce the splash damage by 50%, remove the splash damage, or reduce overall damage. I have legendary triple torpedos -- I'm not biased in my assessment.

7. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

I think the amount of damage it does to team mates surrounding the person attacked is too damn high. Especially as a fixer, I am always around other team mates and often get targeted for torpedos. Ive had whole games decided by a group staying together and one unlucky guy getting hit in the beginning, destroying everyones health before we have even fired a shot. Also, no it is not easy to get out of the way of the torpedo if
    1. There is a napalm blast and you cant see it
    2. The waves are high, and dont see till the last second
    3. you are in close combat and it is basically a direct hit
    So yeah, torpedos are killer, especially smiley ones, and I think they should be nerfed bit on the splash off

8. GuerrillaPvP

GuerrillaPvP Active Member

They are a hard weapon to use. Despite their high damage and splash, they are really slow and easy to avoid. The splash renders torps more usable and makes game play a bit more interesting.

Helius Maximus likes this.
  9. Razerx100

Razerx100 Member

Legendary ones need damage nerfs for sure. But other ones, no.

10. aaaxxd

aaaxxd Member

As a fixer, torpedoes are indeed an annoying feature. But torpedoes are one of the strategic weapons that serve to break up clumped up enemies. Mortars except bertha are not cost effective at overcoming heals (esp after taking into account lost opportunities), and torpedoes ensure the extra needed to balance out lower-league games where one team has no fixer.

My main gripe remains that, for some unknown reasons, the torpedo trails become near-invisible in some cases. (Maybe waves make them go deeper?) This needs to be fixed since torpedoes are supposed to be slow and evade-able.

11. Perswayable

Perswayable Member

Yup. Tropedo splash damage should not be a thing unless the damage is significantly reduced. An OP weapon.

12. Steven

Steven Active Member

If u want splash damage gone for torps then it needs to be gone for mortars....they also should be direct hit ONLY! I say this in sarcasm.....both are hard weapons to use....i have been using torp for 2 weeks now and still trying to learn it like a pro

13. Perswayable

Perswayable Member

Except one literally has a displayed radius and the other doesn't. Lol.

14. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

Because the other moves very slowly and goes in a straight line that you can see

15. Perswayable

Perswayable Member

You can see the radius of a mortar. You cannot see the radius of splash damage. They are not the same and shouldn't be compared, really.

Excism likes this.
  16. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

Fair point. Have a like for that ;)

17. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

So, how useful do you think the weapon would be if it didn't have any real splash damage? "Significantly reduced" usually means "zero".

18. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

They're fine the way they are. If you're afraid of the splash dmg, don't be near a wall and don't ball up with your team. As others have mentioned, torpedos need their high impact because they're an unreliable weapon to use, too easy to move out of their way most of the time. When a weapon misses often, it's only fair that when it does hit, it does relevant damage. In my opinion splash is part of that. Without it, torpedos would be very unattractive to use.

SCOOTY PUFF Jr likes this.
  19. Steven

Steven Active Member

The splash damage has a pretty small radius, if ur worried about them as a healer then move in to pulse heal and get away till ur next charge.....dont stick to a teammate like a flee to a dog.....i as a user love seeing a healer and or a few other ships in a tight group, I send my legendary big torp straight in...ill die for my team just to get that shot!

20. Steven

Steven Active Member

Also, as if u pay attention when fighting someone with torps it's very very easy to dodge one...iv played games launching 10+ torps at close range and not getting a single hit.....i look forward to someone messing up by running to a wall.