1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Time To Buff Defender... or nerf Shooters and Enforcers. Fixes suggested.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by *JAWS*, 17 Feb 2018.

1. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Overpowered shooters vs underpowered Defenders, even tho we did more damage than enemy, the match ended 3vs1..... Screenshot_20180223-013249.png

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  2. Nimzor

Nimzor Member

The current progression for the Defender is this -
    1 - 5 - 2RR 3BB - 5
    2 - 10 - 3RR 3BBB - 10
    3 - 16 - 3RR 4BBB - 20
    4 - 21 - 4RR 5BBBB - 30
    5 - 30 - 5RRR 5BBBB - 40
    6 - 40 - 5RRR 6BBBBB - 50
    7 - 48 - 5RRR 6BBBBB - 50

I propose that it be changed to something like this -
    1 - 5 - 2RR 3BB - 5
    2 - 10 - 3RR 3BBB - 10
    3 - 16 - 3RRR 4BBB - 20
    4 - 21 - 4RRR 5BBB - 30
    5 - 30 - 4RRRR 5BBBB - 40
    6 - 40 - 5RRRR 6BBBB - 50
    7 - 48 - 5RRRR 6BBBB - 50

With this you still maintain the balance of 8 slots and 11 slot points, with the end result being you swap out a blue slot for a red slot. This gives the defender a little more firepower without sacrificing too many hitpoints. Instead of the standard cookie cutter build of 1 Turbo, 1 Big Shield and 3 Standard shields, this changes to 2 Big Shields, 1 Turbo and 1 Standard Shield with the added bonus of running 4 weapons across the same 5 weapon slots instead of 3. With 4 weapons there will be less waiting between shots and will let the Defender defend itself more with the increased firepower and create more varied setups.

Last edited: 22 Feb 2018
    TheAntiSnipe, *JAWS* and PastelPiku like this.
  3. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

At our infamy, I think defender is balanced. One player that I do not enjoy constantly running into is Chucknorris. I think the issue is at the very highest (4.5k+) infamy. I don't think defenders under nightmare really need a big buff.

4. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

A global cool down for all items equipped for Defender

5. Babablacksheep

Just like fixer, this boat is easier (Competitive) gateway to nightmare but doesn't survive it. But considering the current healthy benefits of nightmare, i would much prefer to reach it than worry about getting destroyed there...

And also i believe shooter needs a Slight nerf(Just nerf sniper, don't need a boat nerf like nerfing bolt affected speeder it will kill most shooters).

Finally, a good hit Big like torp/Mine can Demolish a speeder/Enfo, playing them is a big risk. Defender is a No-risk less complicated 3 slot boat compared to all other high risk boats(Shooter not so much) which require management of 5 slots,so it should definitely not be made easy to play then it is...

6. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Enforcer requires the management of 6 items...

Babablacksheep likes this.
  7. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Those Defenders don't look like underpowered at all

8. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I think this could be an easy fix and easily tested. Maybe just toss a couple extra training options way up in one of the defender trees that offer cooldown reductions for defenders only. That way only the top level defenders can benefit from it.

*JAWS* likes this.
  9. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

point.gif

10. Nimzor

Nimzor Member

Something to bear in mind, is that the Defender just feels like a worse version of an enforcer right now. Sure you get a lot of health, but so does the enforcer through double Tesla shield plus all its extra benefits of turret speed, agility, speed and small hitbox. And their plenty, management of 6 items is a downside? Sounds more like along the lines of more options, more varied playstyles and more fun.

FearsomeChicken and *JAWS* like this.
  11. Babablacksheep

2 of them were using ball park :D

12. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Nerf enforcers.

13. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

OK, so speaking again from my vast pool of defender ignorance...

It seems to me that that is one way to skin the cat. You could make the defender harder to hit and therefore more survivable. Of course that makes one question the word "defender". I wish they'd go the other way and make it more feasible for defenders to actually tank.

*JAWS* likes this.
  14. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Love it. Add to Defender training tree

15. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

One way might be to reduce hit pts we get from perks and transfer those to base health so defence perks become more feasible for defenders hence more survivability and more ability to tank

noelips and *JAWS* like this.
  16. nzouF

nzouF Member

Just make duplicate items less effective by x% on every boat, and you'll get your diversity/balance. (babablacksheep pic speaks for itself, that triple sniper/double berta shooter...)
    Also, defenders are fine imo, a minor turret buff might help but it's still manageable.

Last edited: 23 Feb 2018
  17. noelips

noelips Member

I second this idea. Defenders with high defense are fun to hit with my carronade (makes for a great mini frost blaster) but a real pain to deal with. I think this would go well with the idea to reduce the defender hit-box.

It wouldn't justify the Mk5 enforcer's 4YY at all. It would nerf both the yellow boats, though. And also prevent or stop enforcers and speeders below a certain Mk from using them. With just 3YY a Mk4 enforcer would be able to use a tesla shield but nothing else. With just 3YY a Mk2 speeder would be able to use one as well, but nothing else. Also, since it would cost 3 points to use, it would prevent players from using double tesla shields at all levels (that it can be used at) which would make it an undesirable item because it can stun you. The tesla shield stun was added because people CAN use 2 tesla shields.

A 3 point tesla shield would just reinforce the frost and stun metas. Or it could start a nitro revolution, because that hasn't been touched yet...

18. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    That's why I also said it would need a buff for this to happen and be worth it. It would be seen as a high level item on a speeder, and a mid-high level item on an enforcer. It would have to be good enough that people would rather have one of these instead of 2 regular tesla shields. There would have to be at least one more 2pt yellow item to go with an idea like this, though.

19. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Real talk,
    Cool down issue rocking my defender lots this season.
    Wild infamy arcs of 4200 to 5k and back from this.
    So much so getting a lot of Jaws threw a game.
    These players aren't Defenders.
    And so they have zero clue how sucky the last 2 updates hurt.

On top, People only remember your pre update Stats...when with my Ex cannon I had 4 more range, shorter Cool down and could Penta all 5 boats.

Lots changed now. Some games no kills. Other games maxing 3 kills. Wilder swings for lesser results.

Looking for my Defender escape hatch soon.

Devs please fix this boat soon.

The waves are choppy in Defender life.

20. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Sorry but i really don't see defenders weak like you always saying. I think it is not popular because people doesn't like slow play style like defenders. Just like playing speeder because of quick and exciting style. I think some turret speed and agility buff will be enough for defenders.

Babablacksheep likes this.