1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply Match Making Getting Even Worst in Every Update

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by The Friendly Fixer, 22 Feb 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

Listen to what people are saying. It doesn't matter that the boat is higher MK!

Either
    1) They are not as good a player as you so the match is still fair as your skill compensates for their better boat.
    or
    2) They are a tanker. In this case you have a good chance of WINNING ANYWAY because they have to lose on purpose at least half the time to maintain such a low infamy.

Nevermind the fact that this is team game and good teamwork can overcome ship/weapon disadvantages.

Fiorell, Kalbs and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

What infamy are you?

I've stated this SEVERAL times already in other threads. This is not an issue with their MATCHMAKING. This is an issue with INFAMY. There needs to be an infamy floor based on ship/captain/gear level. I think I'll finally have time this weekend to work up a spreadsheet for this.

3. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Another matchmaking thread. Great.
    Okay okay here goes.
    1. Matchmaking is good as it is. It was better before but still maintains the good status.
    2. Ships at lower infamy are there cos they spent money and they are noobs or they are tankers and losers. Overall mk6 will be facing 2500 infamy players so they are going to stay there for a while. They are helpless. Poor souls.
    3. Weapon level is not everything. You got to have skills using those weapons. You can't teach it to a random player on your team so go with it.
    4. Stupid teammates were always there. Question is which one did the stupid thing? You or your teammate?
    5. Yes yes matchmaking needs improvement but not as much as players do.
    6. 50-50 win ratio is not something that stops you. It's the skill ceiling required to play with high infamy players. You won't believe the skill difference between 3000 and 3200 infamy players. All good players but seriously, it's there. You can feel it while getting killed in 1v1.

PS. I hope matchmaking gets better so it can help anyone who thinks it's not and I hope players get good enough to not complain about it even if it isn't that good.

4. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

Wow :/ You guys r not Understanding what I'm trying to Say I'm Saying that My Team Mates r not Doing what I'm trying yo tell them to do and Them always Do Something that Bad just to piss me right off and its sure the Matchmaking I'm seeing mk 6s Wtf guys????

5. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

I'll try again.
    You are part of a team right? So you have to work with your team not the other way around. I understand your teammates don't listen to their fixer but really it's up to them. You can't force them to follow you or stick together. The only way is to try and work with them. A lot of players might have OP gear but team work is important and sadly some players seem to be missing just that.

About the matchmaking, there are a lot of threads about same thing over and over again. You can check a few and see if it helps.

6. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

That is so that skilled players can play and also those who quickly upgraded and are not yet that seasoned in game. If you purely look at ship mark and believe it’s unfair - think about other factors too.

_devill likes this.
  7. The Friendly Fixer

-_- Guys I Just Had a Match We Had to Vs a Mk 6 Screenshot_2018-02-28-21-20-16.png The Game Used to Be Awesome But not Anymore :(

8. The Friendly Fixer

I Been Seeing Mk 6s Soon the Latest Update Come out

9. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Stop whining. That's not even a mismatch. You should consider changing your name from TheFRIENDLYFixer to something like... :D

Kaletheshavage likes this.
  10. The Friendly Fixer

What About you Sht Up I like My Name how it Is Bro

11. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Problem is so many people have complaint about the matchmaking and so many people left the game, but it seems nobody cares.

You get a reply from the support team saying 'yeah we know about it and how frustrating it can be', but then you expect action, but NO, at least not to make it more balanced.

I said it before as a mk2 I was up against mk4s before the update, now one battle I am in between mk5s then next mk3s and also 2x mk5s in the other teams and none with us.

Problem is of course also that you cannot train Bhurt for 6 leves, from 12 to level 18. So, there you are with 200 damage weapons fighting mk5s with 4000 hp, good luck with that. They have 500 to a 1000 damage cannons, 2000 damage torpedos some of them and I a mere 170 damage. So even a torpedo hit within 5 meters from me I am toast.
    So, no wonder you hit a ceiling with a mk2, boat too weak, weapons dito and you have to wait weeks or months to get as strong as the people you have to fight, not in skill but in equipment. They with level 30 epics and we with level 10 uncommon.

It is just laughable!

Last edited: 1 Mar 2018
  12. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

So you are at a win rate of 75% then if it is nonsense?

13. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

The person was probably only using the weapons to finish certain of the quests, that is killing the battles also. That is why I had 4 matches in a row with 1 person with 4 mines, 1 with 4 flare guns, 1 with 5 torpedos and 1 with 4 mortars. There should be a rule not more than 50% of the same weapons.

14. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

That's ridiculous. As anyone not living under a rock knows, if something bad happens anywhere in the world then #PutinDidIt

CaffeinatedChris likes this.
  15. Snapshot

I often wonder if team-mates think this about me. My life in my little 1700hp speeder is on a knife's edge every single second of a match. I get a fair number of 0 damage finishes. Of course, I also get a fair number of 3 star finishes. But I really don't get many second chances for mistakes so people who see my performance in a "bad match" have got to be thinking, "How the heck did that guy get up this high?"

I try to remember that when I'm looking at some bruiser M5/6 shooter on my team who did 500 damage. I often think, "So you landed exactly one shot before you and all your 5k HP died?" But... yanno... sometimes I land zero shots.

16. Snapshot

I agree the problem is in infamy not in matchmaking. But if you take a look at their current effort at damage control it fails abysmally. The reason for this is that they tried to make arbitrary rules like "If you go below 800 points from your career high...." THere are two glaring problems with that approach:
    • There are lots of very legitimate reasons to lose 800 infamy. Heck, random battle fluctuations can do that. So can trying out a new boat, weapon, or strategy. So can fighting with your lower level friend. Non-tankers are getting caught up all the time in the seal-clubbing rule because reality is more complex than the rule.
    • It's very hard to catch real tankers this way. The reason for this is that humans are smart. They will look at whatever rules you create and find ways around them. It is trivially easy to find a way around the seal-clubbing rule.
    And now you want to do the same thing. I predict the same results. I don't care what spreadsheets you set up. They won't work for the same two reasons the existing rule doesn't work. It is generically true that if you have rules which say one thing and incentives which encourage a different thing the incentives always win. So here's my wild, hare-brained idea. How about we just make noob content drop noob rewards and then the M6's won't want to fight there anymore? Or, if they do want to fight at 800 infamy they are welcome to enjoy their steady stream of common parts and common items -- from the shop, the guild quests, and the battle rewards... all of it.

Mr Meaner and FearsomeChicken like this.
  17. mar5hmello

mar5hmello Member

Matchmaking does seem to take into account infamy and boat level. I was around 2500 with my Mk5 Enforcer, then just before the update I upgraded to Mk6 and I've been losing more than winning. I'm down to 1800 infamy and I'm doing my best to win the games. I do top damage some games, but can't win. I use level 40 rare one-point cannon, sniper, and blast. This week I changed to an Epic T3 cannon. It's a bit frustrating.

Last edited: 2 Mar 2018
  18. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Dude, do you know how many battles it would take to a new player capable to maintain a 75% win rate to reach 6000 infamy points? Do the math: 500. In a mk1, with two or three T-1 rares. Do you think Rovio needs to do something to stop anyone with that gear to reach Nightmare? Nonsense. :D
    You are playing with and against another real people, you're not better or worst than anyone, that's why your win rate is around 50% ;)

19. The Friendly Fixer

But why Are There Mk 6s At 1000 Infamy!?

20. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

This is so true, they need to scale rewards with infamy properly, not the current puny battle rewards bonus at each higher league + puny season rewards every 2 weeks.

A clear example of infamy incentives done right is clash royale. That game doesn't punish infamy tankers at all, rather they make it super unattractive for people to tank by giving players the ability to gain more cards and gold at higher infamy + allowing guild members to request and donate much more cards the higher they are + farming and unlocking new different cards at higher leagues. You hardly ever hear people complaining about tanking in that game, though genuine high level noobs still exist in lower infamy.

Snapshot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.