1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply Match Making Getting Even Worst in Every Update

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by The Friendly Fixer, 22 Feb 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

Hey Devs And Every One ...
    I Think That The Match Making is Getting even Worst I don't Know Why But This is a Big Problem This Game May Be The Worst Match Making Ever Not Being Rude or Anything But in 1000 Infamy Mark There r OP Players With Mk 5s 6s Maybe 7s it Just What??.....
    Please Tell Me Why Do We Keep Getting Matched Up with OP Players This Is To Be Stopped This Been Happing Like All my Days of BB I Like The Game and Every Thing ... But Lots of Players Have Quit a Such a Awesome Game But Ppl Well Idk But Devs I Love What Have you Done Over 9 or 8 Months Now You Guys Have The Game Alive But I Don't Want To Lose To Meany Players We Need to Do Some Thing

That's All

____TheFriendlyFixer____

2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Disagreed. Matchmaking is working great. There are plenty of "matchmaking sucks" threads so please just add your complaints onto those.

3. The Friendly Fixer

Dude You Must Be Wrong Few Days Ago I Seen Mk 6s in a Mk 5 and 4 Fight

4. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    I've noticed this while checking out other teams on Guild Rivalry. You can watch players (at all levels of infamy) sink very low and then rise up very fast. I'm guessing that this happens because the guild quests only count if you win. The players at 1000 infamy definitely look like they get hit the worst by seal clubbers.

roytchai likes this.
  5. Jerbears

Jerbears Active Member

Its interesting you say Matchmaking is getting worse. Currently I'm bouncing between 2600-2900 with mk5 ship. When I get matched with boat's 3k+ they are usually mk5. But when I get matched with lower players between 2k-2600 they tend to be more mk6. In all honesty I've learned to mute out the loss streaks. Its so hard to predict an outcome just based on boats stats. Everyone has bad matches and good ones. I find the lower level boats have a higher average of playing better. Since they really have to in order to carry match wins. So when I see higher mk boats on my team I think crap... Just wanted to give another opinion!

6. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Do you know what's even a bigger mismatch? All those lowercase letters trying to combat a huge number of uppercase letters in this thread. Poor lowercase letters :(

7. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I face Mk5s almost every match when I play my Mk2 mini-account.

If you're ahead of the curve, you gotta adapt.

8. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

There are actually two issues:
    1 - seal clubbers/deliberate losers whatever you want to call them. Many of them have OP weapons as well as boats and are P2W, so low rewards for winning aren’t any kind of punishment at all.
    2 - the matchmaking system which tries to match players against others with a similar level of boat as well as infamy. Under this method, and due to bell curve distribution, you will always get some players at each boat level gaining infamy, and some losing.
    Strange as it may seem, I would suggest we remove the aspect of matchmaking which tries to match players against those in the same level of boat. This would result (all things being equal) that we wouldn’t see the current ‘infamy drop’ when upgrading boats and that we would see less of a spread (less standard deviation) from the norm for each boat level. You would still get the seal clubbers down at lower levels, but they would stand out more, and their actions would be much more obvious, and it would therefore be easier for devs to take action.

StrictSalmon307 and Spinners71 like this.
  9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I'm one who would rather see a pure infamy system that doesn't try to manipulate matchups by boat level. Infamy should be infamy.... unless we have infamy by boat, which has a lot of advantages. The only real matchmaking issue I see are inept teammates. There's ALWAYS one or two guys who contribute almost nothing to the match... and it's a head-scratcher how they are that high on the infamy ladder. Sure not everyone is going to contribute regularly at a high level in every match, but it is nearly every single match I see this... particularly Shooters and Defenders, which have more guns than the other boat types that makes me question their infamy level.

Spinners71 and YerJokinArnYer like this.
  10. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Heh... that's interesting that you say that. I've noticed a very similar thing at my infamy (1200 right now). The M3 and M4 guys are generally pretty dependable and solid. Sure, they can die in half a second if they make a mistake just like I can, but they are at least trying to win. It's almost universally the M6 boats which are the floaters or doing the Leroy Jenkins routine or, in some cases, simply awful. Heh, you can bet I cast a wary eye on any M6 fixer on our team.

11. Wezsh0T

Wezsh0T New Member

Infamy by boat seems like a good idea for matchmaking. I bet that would be difficult to implement in the overall ranking system though.

12. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Idk how long have you guys played BB but didn't old matchmaking system was based off on infamy alone?!

Then lots of whiners came, players crying because they can't win, denying that they just suck and Rovio receiving lots of complaints.

Then Rovio delivered, tweaked the matchmaking algorithm to include ship level and now you guys want it back?! lol ridiculous

13. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I think matchmaking is fair. I just do not really like that kind of boat class attraction that puts many boats of the same class on the same team in many of the battles. When I play with a boat, most teams will have between 2 and 4 boats like mine.

14. fragglelator

fragglelator Active Member

I too have come to ignore the win/loss streak although it burns when my team loses because of a player that is either a) incompetent or b) trying to drop infamy. Just yesterday, was in a battle where we were closely matched on each side. Towards the end, we were left with Mk5s on each side. Our Mk5 had loads of health left (about 3000+HP as a TierIV L40 Rare Big Shield and a Tier IV L34 Rare Standard Shield equipped) while the unfriends' Mk5 had less than 1000 HP.
    It was extremely painful spectating as our player repeatedly shot mortars and missiles beyond and behind the unfriend and totally missing. He had a Tier 3 L30 Epic Ex Cannon, Tier 4 L40 Rare Blast Cannon and a Tier 1 L10 Epic Sniper – and he DIDN'T use any of those 3 weapons, just spamming mortar and missiles. One (or two) shots with the cannons/sniper would have ended the match in our favor – the unfriend was almost always in line of sight and close by, so would have been an easy kill.
    *sigh*

15. Capt Bags

Capt Bags New Member

When are you people gonna learn that none of it matters. Rovio forces a 50/50 win ratio for everyone. You will lose games. It is out of your control. Whenever you think the matchup is terrible, it’s Rovios way of forcing you to stay around 50%.

It really is that simple

16. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Nonsense :D

Kalbs likes this.
  17. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

No, the real explanation is
    U5drvDBnxjWJMG96y3s5xTa15ZZqtkZ_1680x8400.jpeg

18. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

19. roytchai

roytchai Member

they are probably tanking their infamy and rush into the crowd to suicide

20. The Friendly Fixer

Guys Soon as the Update Come out I Been Facing With Mk 6s No Joke And I'm just a Mk 4 We Should Be Just Be Facing Our Level Not in Infamy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.