1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mvp and Ace system for battles

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Fix-it, 14 Feb 2018.

1. Fix-it

Fix-it Active Member

Student
    These are two slight gold and sugar bonuses to give anyone played good in a match. In match, there will be one Mvp(the best player) and much Aces as much as deserved persons. They will give everyone some "Safety Points"

Mvp: the best player in match! If your team wins and you are the one who carried match, you will get mvp title.

Ace: no matter even if you lose or win, If you made a really good contribution you will get Ace title.

Safety points stacks up on a gauge. If it hits a certain amount you wont lose infamy for one match and cost will be reduced from your safety gauge.

Some safety point bonuses Im thinking about:
    -No afk
    -Win streak
    -Mvp or Ace(A mvp can also be an ace)

I'd like to hear your opinions also additions or fixes :)

Last edited: 14 Feb 2018
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Wow, that's one of the best and most well-written suggestions I've heard!
    Nobody can now whine about, "Oh, I carry teams and my teams are dumb, boo hoo" because this "infamy compensation" you suggest considers individual skill! And it is also unexploitable. Nice, nice!

Also, I see that @The Grim Repair liked this post first, can't say that happens every day;)o_O

3. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
    Noice! But it does encorage shooter, doesn’t it?

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

That was my thought. I like the idea of better rewards for battle but I don't think I like this idea. For instance, if in my lowly little M4 I score a 3rd place win, only being beaten by about 20% damage from the M5 and M6 shooters, then who "carried that team"? Nor do I know any way for the game to consider "individual skill" since there is no measure of that right now. What would it use... infamy? yeah right.

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. Fix-it

Fix-it Active Member

Student
    Everyone can carry the match. Sometimes even a mk5 fixer me can carry with heals. Or maybe a skilled yellow boat or a good last-blow-defender. You name it.

6. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I've come out on top as every type of boat, even as a mk2 enforcer among mk3 and mk4 shooters.
    I think a better system for this would be something like, the more safety points you earn that match, the less infamy you lose that match.
    The gold/sugar bonus should come into play if you win, as infamy retention is not important for victories and shouldn't apply to games where you play less optimally. Bonus infamy would be a no-no, so safety points for won matches should just give bonus rewards.

The Otherguy and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  7. PastelPiku

Security
    These changes would allow better players to grow more quickly to keep up with their quickly rising infamy while also preventing massive drops in infamy when you're clearly doing well in lost matches.

8. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    I would say 1full safety gauge is
    100points
    You get 3points every game you DON'T AFK
    You get 5points if the 2teams' performance are drastically different(if enemy is better of course)
    +10 for 1st in win team
    +8 for 2nd win /1st lose
    +6 for 3rd/2nd lose
    +3 for 4th/3rd lose
    +1 for 5th/4th lose

Win streak bonus
    2win streak +3
    3,+5
    4,+7
    5+ win streak, +10

The Otherguy likes this.
  9. Fix-it

Fix-it Active Member

Student

So basically lose more when you start game and lose 1 infamy at nightmare? This would make whole infamy system collapse.

Infamy retention may be very important. You may upgrade to next league. Can dominate season leaderboard. When you gain more % of leagues, the more you get from Ace or Mvp(these bonuses adds at the end of total rewards). Thus you can get more rewards in long term. There are no bonus infamies, just compensation of one of your lose.

The Otherguy likes this.
  10. Fix-it

Fix-it Active Member

Student
    Can be a decent pointing. But Game Sustem wouldnt like those descending streaks.

There should be one, static ace or mvp bonus.

Win streak can be 5 max at +3 win streak.
    This system can be better at staying passive.

11. PastelPiku

Security
    Nonono lemme rephrase. I'm saying the mvp thing only counts for that game. If you lose and you did great, you don't lose as much infamy. If you win and you did great, you get bonus rewards. It just means if you're constantly doing great you don't drop as much and when you win you're rewarded more. Disregard that idea, though lol I see the flaw in my own idea and admit defeat. Doing well would result in losing more than winning since you gain more infamy than you lose.

The Otherguy likes this.
  12. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

1 idea is good, just add few points from second. Like person going AFK should be punished and lose safety points and no rewards since he did nothing to deserve those.
    Also Mvp should not get ace. Since he Mvp means you did best, Ace should be for Second Best

13. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Just a point to ponder in all this. If Rovio implemented the safety point system I would consider it a bad thing from my own personal standpoint and it might have seriously negative consequences to the game. I know for a fact I'm not the only one who manages his infamy. Losing is more valuable than winning to me. In this system "soft" methods of keeping my infamy low won't work. I'll need to actually AFK in order to avoid the safety points. I'd be shunning that MVP title like the plague even when I was trying to win because I wouldn't want the safety points.

This is what comes of screwed up incentive systems. The idea sounds so reasonable on the face of it but how users will actually work the system is totally different.

PastelPiku likes this.
  14. Fix-it

Fix-it Active Member

Student
    I think this should be Implemented like "A reward If your safety gauge full." But what do you think It should be? A reward that both good for devs and players side?

15. Fix-it

Fix-it Active Member

Student
    Aces doesnt given to single person. So anyone contributed well can get ace. Mvp should get that too right? There will be 1 MVP/ACE and CAN BE EVEN 6 OR 7 ACES.

About Afk part:
    Punishing is bad. Do that to anyone good or bad. Its full of negativity IMO. I chose not to trigger them and reward goods. So everyone will work for rewards and thus negativity decreases. For conclusion: They dont lose points. They DONT GET points.

PastelPiku likes this.
  16. Fix-it

Fix-it Active Member

Student
    Managing Infamy is wrong I think. So Instead of punishing you, The system aims to reward good people.

Every match will nearly gets an ace or aces I think. Mvp may be common too. But those criteria like "how much reward?" or "How should we determine Aces and Mvps?" should be determined on devs side. They should know it better.

PastelPiku likes this.