1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

nerf epic shields - an effective way to buff every ship on the bay and end speeder dominace

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Crashedup, 19 Feb 2018.

1. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

What ship do you main? Just wondering your POV.

2. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I think time will tell us if speeder is still OP or if It became balanced, I'm guessing speeder is balanced, fixer could use some buff and Defender is dying in pain. :D

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Well, if the NML players are smart enough, they'll just do a Diet Coke and tank up with double small shields.

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Diet coke is not smart he is a troll he uses troll setup just to have fun.
    Use double small and shield and have speed lower than defender with significantly slow speed and less weapon you think that's a smart idea?

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

But he is low calories.

6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Lemme get this right. You think that nerfing big shield and reversing all the nerfs of 2.8 will do ANYTHING?

It won't, speeders adapt too fast for nerfs to work. Any more "adjustments" will only prove to be counterproductive xD.

I don't like talking on nerf threads, I'm outta here.

The Otherguy likes this.
  7. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

:eek::D:D:D:D;)

The Otherguy and Babablacksheep like this.
  8. Crashedup

Dude just read the post again I explained it clearly why it would be effective as it will stop the main routine of speeders i.e hit stun and repeat and you don't like talking on nerf thread?
    Then why do I see you on every sniper nerf thread
    Edit:it is also a buff thread to all the other boats

9. Crashedup

Neither nerf has made ex canon or tesla bolt unusable?
    Then why is there only 10 speeders in top 50 ( current top 50) out of which only 6 are using tesla bolt and 5 are using excanon and only 3 speeders are using the old excanon and tesla bolt setup.
    ( These stats are real as these player have been using same setup since update landed)

And do elaborate how the hit registration has increased?
    And enfocer has increased in no to 20 out of top 50 which is huge that is solely because the tesla bolt which used to take down Thier tesla shield down is dead.
    Speeder could have easily shifted to shooter as enforcer requires them to build another op tesla shield and find another 2 one slot weapons but they didn't because enforcer is the best boat in the bay now because of its op double shield setup.
    A lot of shooters are also shifting to enforcer as Thier no has decreased to 13

10. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Tesla bolt is is still as good as it gets, But now like other Buzz kill weapons ie railgun and tesla shield. It becomes progressively good and Best at T5 while unusable Upto T3

Iwould even say Rare tesla shield is worst item compared to epic, Which affects F2P enforcer a lot. Atleast there isn't a huge gap between Epic and rare stun

Mad_Bulls_007 likes this.
  11. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Guys, i dont think most of players playing speeder because it's op or don't playing defender because it's weak. Speeder has its own adrenaline because of speed and getting risks. Most people love that instead of slow play style of defender's. You can't destroy something just because it is loved.
    And also i wanna say exp and bolt weren't get nerfed because of popularity, both of them was too strong and deserved it.

12. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

It's just not worth arguing about any of this when our sample size is 50 players... I'll wait for the devs to release item statistics or give us the data to analyze for ourselves.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  13. Crazycyclops

Crazycyclops Member

I'm a ftp speeder myself but this idea is the single most dumbest idea I've read in this forum ever.

Kali ngon, Earel, Sifa and 3 others like this.
  14. Yomama

Yomama New Member

No Nerf nothing stop crying and learn how to kill speeders

15. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I'm confused by your word "chain". One shot follows another, yeah? Aren't all shots "chained"? Are you referring to a stun-lock situation here?

16. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

If you want a p2w nerf, remove rarities altogether

17. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

You ended up getting bashed by speeders and non-speeders both. I have to admit you do have an art of creating a thread

Last edited: 21 Feb 2018
    Shadow Moon! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  18. RagingStorm

RagingStorm New Member

This is a great idea! That is If you want this game to die down really quickly, what do u think will happen if P2P players stop buying because They’re purchase gets nerf? There is a reason why they’re OP, they are willing to put some cash and - the reward is OP’ ness but it also support this games continued update and overall run time. You wanna continue being competitive? Put some money and improve your skill > than P2P.

My 2 cents.

Kali ngon, TheAntiSnipe, Ian and 2 others like this.
  19. No Time 2 Battle

No Time 2 Battle Active Member

As a fixer only player, I don’t mind anything that reduces a speeder’s ability to camp around me and stun/shoot me. I am unable to run Big Shield and turbo so I choose to run standard and turbo which lowers my hp. I can see both sides to the topic and don’t have a really strong opinion since my personal knowledge of the workings of a speeder are not familiar to me. But I enjoy reading the discussion. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

nosesabe and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  20. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

A easier solution would be to decrease the defense points of mk6/7 speeders. Mk5/4/3/2/1 speeders are underpowered right now because of the last update with the Tesla bolt cooldown time increase.