1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Regarding Tesla bolt

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Mad_Bulls_007, 13 Feb 2018.

?

Should Tesla Bolt be inactive while a ship is on fire(including napalm, fire bomb and flare)?

1. yes

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

24 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Tesla Bolt duration should be reduced to half when the ship is on fire

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

For the people saying that speeder will always win in a 1vs1 and that now they have more chances. Yes, of course, that’s how it’s supposed to be. The same as a defender beats a shooter, a shooter beats a enforcer and a enforcer beats a speeder.

It’s right there where the problem is. Again, go and play speeder before comenting. Try to play a 1vs1 speeder vs any boat and you’ll see how unbalanced (for the speeder) it is.

The only way you are going to see how Balanced is the Tesla bolt now if you play any other boat than speeder is because you are going to be able to kill the speeders. That’s not balance...

Last edited: 13 Feb 2018
  2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Not really sure I understand you. Are you saying that the speeder is unbalanced and too powerful or unbalanced and not powerful enough?

Also, I'll take a good enforcer over any other ship 1v1. Including speeders. And enforcers dominate shooters.

3. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

OK, speaking entirely from my noob perspective in my M4 speeder, how is this an issue? I don't currently carry a tesla bolt. I 1v1 with shooters. If I do it right, I avoid getting hit by boat positioning.

Conversely, down at 1000 infamy I've been hit with 15 second stuns. That seemed pretty excessive to me. How that scales at high levels may be different but I don't think I should be seeing stuff like that down at 1000 infamy. Putting a much longer recycle on it seems prudent.

4. me123b

me123b New Member

I'm not a big fan of the tesla bolt cooldown nerf; I get why it was done but I don't think it's balanced for all infamy levels. 20 seconds seems too long, especially considering a teammate shoots and stops the stun immediately about 1/2 the time. Does the tesla bolt really need to have the second longest cooldown in the game?? I get balancing it and keeping it viable for all infamies may be difficult, but i think a cooldown of between 15-17 would be more fair.

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

It's time for my usual looooooooooong post lol.

Tesla bolt nerf made it fair and balanced actually. I already preached on chats about the bad habit known as the "OCD Stun" and how to minimize it. OCD stunning is similar to the common OCD reload problem in FPSes, and due to the cooldowns(even before the tesla nerf) it has the very same limitations. What if someone else ambushes you? What if the stun resist becomes too high?

Back then, speeders took it lightly, saying, "It is a very conditional risk, this type of situation doesn't happen all that often at all, why should we try to avoid doing this?" However, I took this issue very seriously, and learned a TON of new moves in anticipation of such a situation. I played customs without the tesbolt equipped, I practiced a lot, learned some cool ways to utilize this CC tool.

Then the nerf happened. It wad not a nerf for me at all though. Rather it was a buff, since I now use stun only in case of emergencies. Why was it a buff?
    A) Speeders and enfos are still getting used to the nerfed bolt. I was already ready weeks ago.
    B) Shooters pay less attention thinking speeders are no longer a threat.

These two reasons led to me gaining 200 infamy and going straight back up to Ace 2 within an hour of the update.

What do I do? I execute a technique I like to call "bodyfighting", sticking veery close to your opponent(unless they have a carro) and just using OB and nitro to stay at 180° to their turret. If they manage to recover, use stun just as a way to reset the rhythm. I whittled down a 12k HP mk6 defender this way, and did it to a shooter as well. Try this, it'll work for sure. In case of a carro, be prepped to impovise tho.
    Oh, edit: Simply put, play like y'all did in your mk4 days. Ain't nobody gonna nerf the REAL raptors.

6. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Agreed, but I'll go a step further. The bolt is stronger now that it blocks ALL healing. You do have to be more selective about using it, but it is still very powerful, especially as a 1-point yellow item.

7. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

LOL, I've been mentally calling it "The Turret Dance"... Doe-see-doe around your partner... LOL. Yup, doable without the bolt also it's just a lot more risky without the safety net. For that reason it's hardly my preferred strategy but this seemed like a key skill on a speeder without a bolt. Even sans bolt I've taken down 5k shooters which means I avoided 20 potential shots of theirs over the course of a minute.

You can bet I'm looking forward to Mark-5 and any sort of bolt... nerfed or not. What I'm going to miss horribly is my bandages when they get replaced with a big shield :(

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    Sadly, all I see is another yellow item that has been way too heavily nerfed. RIP Tesla Bolt. Can't say I will miss you much though

9. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    The nerf wasn't so bad lol.

10. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Apparently you haven't played at all during the update. The bolt is alive and well. It feels balanced now. Before I could just spam it all over the place. Now I actually have to be more selective about my targets.

PastelPiku and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  11. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    Okay. Glad you like the new update. I must say it has been a good one.

TheAntiSnipe and PastelPiku like this.