1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The Great Powercell Swindle

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Stelmo, 18 Feb 2018.

Tags:
  1. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

After 2 years of dedicated grinding I've collected 1 or 2 epics, but nowhere near the amount of power cells I need to build them.
    Currently I need over 300 cells to build just the epics I have ready to go, but I'm down to just 30..

Has anybody else got the same problem?
    Is this working as intended?
    I've been offered 80 cells for 12800 pearls but as a completely f2p peasant it'd take me forever to save that many.

Like everybody else, I have thousands of lower rarity cells that will never be used for anything.
    I've seen many requests on here for a system of exchange between cells of different rarity but I don't think I've ever actually seen a dev response.

@Miika, @KilledWhale, @Zeus I'd really appreciate it if you guys weighed in.

Needless to say I know that I can get a cell from scrapping a T2 rare, but my inventory of 50 is full (as are my ships) and I don't have the resources to expand it..

Blueee, The Otherguy and Rivet like this.
  2. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Maybe I've just got good luck, but I've got over 300 Epic cells. I have yet to have enough Epic duplicates to justify building them though. Lv21 Firebomb and I just rolled a second Railgun.

3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Your math doesn't add up... you need 100 cells per item to build from L1... what's the 300 for if you only have 1 or 2 epics?

At any rate, I know where you are coming from.. At one point I needed so many rare cells it took me 2.5 months to gather enough cells to evolve what I had ready to go... Me, I'm sitting on 50 legendary cells, but I'll never see a legendary duplicate, so at various points in the game they are either more ultra valuable, or completely worthless. It's obviously not balanced properly, and no one really knows what the intention is supposed to be other than annoy a handful of players because 99% of players see no value in them.

4. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Haha 1 or 2 might be a little understated.
    I have 2 T4's ready for T5, a small family of T3's ready for T4 and loads of T2 stragglers and untouched ones ready for T3.
    My whole inventory is full of them, 2 years is a long time..

5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Oh yea then I know exactly where you are! It sucks. You can't buy cells with in-game or even real-world currency, just rely on the RNG to give them out, slowly, over a long while.

The devs don't see it as an issue because it affects so few people. I'm pretty sure the issue happens primarily with players who don't focus on a tiny handful of items, as most players use tunnel vision and scrap everything, so they don't upgrade a lot.

Zachiderp likes this.
  6. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Every premium box contains 1 rare and 1 epic powercell making it easy to buy them. There are also regularly special offers for power cells in the shop.

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  7. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

300 × 400 pearl premium boxes is 120000 pearls.
    900 euro.

I'd need 51200 pearls to buy 4 of those powercell special offers, although it's only actually possible to buy 3.
    That's 400 euro.

I guess even if you spend years on this game as f2p very slowly progressing, you still can't use the gear you earn unless you spend a fortune..

8. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    There's a message that says "Try new weapons. You might like them." Running out of Epic and Legendary powercells is a good reason not to.

TheAntiSnipe and Zachiderp like this.
  9. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

This game punishes you for trying new weapons by having a limited inventory, requiring players to use duplicates to upgrade an item, reduce rewards for tanking, adding powercells which become useless after every new rarity you get(yet we still recieve them as prizes and materials in boxes and guild raffle which is infuriating) and many other ways

10. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

Power cells are useless

11. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Until you don't have them. Then they're absurdly difficult to get and the most valuable resource in the game.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

We should just remove them. Really, like, let's put up a poll. I think the community as a whole wants them gone.

Let's face it, NOBODY likes an item like this.

13. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I think power cells should be used as some kind of health boosting, common cells being 1 HP every 5 cells, uncommon being 2, rare being 4, epic being 16, and legendary being 256.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  14. SupremeCalamitas

You could always use a pearl generator .ш. DONT DO IT MAN. ITS NOT WORTH IT.

15. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

HP? Why? I have 5k uncommon powercells so that is 2k more hp for me means 6.5k more than a shooter :D.

16. SupremeCalamitas

Now that I think of it that IS a lot. Divide those values by 10, please.

17. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I've managed to scrap a few evolved rares, but so far instead of epic I'm getting nothing but spectacular legendary power cells (which I'll almost certainly never use).
    Lucky me.

18. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I agree that powercells should be removed completely. Required duplicate items already make it hard enough to evolve anything, there is no need for powercells.

TTrain, TheAntiSnipe and Stelmo like this.
  19. SupremeCalamitas

I have 1 legendary power cell that is just there for sho'. And I have a feeling you might get some legendary weapons soon from the new achievements

20. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

You are in the rare minority, @Stelmo. I doubt your cries will resonate well, but I wish you luck. Haha :)