1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Time To Buff Defender... or nerf Shooters and Enforcers. Fixes suggested.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by *JAWS*, 17 Feb 2018.

1. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

The low amount of defenders in the top ranks, and in particular the crazy OP gear they need to get there, is a solid indication that defenders need help.

If the only way to compete as the defender is by having significantly better items, then something needs to happen. Big blue has has been struggling for far too long.

2. Trium

Trium Active Member

It is actually doesn't matter what we suggest here.

Developers have statistics based on which they make a decision whether to buff/nerf something or not.
    Then game designers should carefully think what can be done and forecast how this change will affect the overall situation.

The problem in battlebay is that it takes half a year before the new update will be released.

But in any case, the physic model of the ship should correspond with its displaying size.
    If developers will increase the displaying size of Defender, it will be fine too.
    The players shouldn't see misleading picture on their phones.

3. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Read the pt no 5 by jaws which is about enfocer nerf and also do read the pts that followed it all are considering enfo nerfs most were made by you and my argument was just to prove it to you how enfos are op since you asked in above comments and you made it about speeder with something you assumed.
    Read ur pt.
    I will leave it at this ur choice to accept it whether my point was about ur pt or not
    Edit : about content creator not replying to me it could just be because he is offline and my pts was moreover answer to ur pt not his

Attached Files:

4. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

I don't know where are getting those facts from bro..
    I have seen last season's end top 50 statistics..
    Speeder were still most used followed by Shooter and Enfo.
    If anyone has that post link plz enlight him.
    I do my fair share of research you know, so go bully someone else.
    And if a day come one enfo will became OP, Devs will take care of it. So you can sit back and relax
    Go to Hawaii or Someting.

A55A51N likes this.
  5. DragonLegend

About thread creator...my point was he is not agruing about enfo. Anymore. he surely did read my comments.
    And about me talking nerf. He pointed out enfo nerf idea and i argued againt that, he understood and end of conversation from my side.
    Then you came making false stats.
    Let me enlight you even more what @*JAWS* want is a buff for defender, enfo. And Shooter nerf idea is just to make people look. Its called Marketing
    So if u just stop now we can get busy doing quests.

Last edited: 18 Feb 2018
  6. Crashedup

What are the fasle stats I made pt it out and you just made jaws pt null and void on the basis of lack of facts which I presented it to you but without even knowing them you accused me of pulling out false statements.
    Do yourself and me a favour and check top 50 global right now and prove me wrong just don't be another babablacksheep

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  7. DragonLegend

Lol... I could reply to that but I will just say
    Best of luck brother.:)

A55A51N likes this.
  8. Crashedup

Lol you didn't even know they were the current stats and called my stats wrong and don't you know how to watch current season top 50 here help your self:)
    Edit: all these multiple answers could have beeen avoided if you had just read the word it's the stats of top 50 global "right now"

Attached Files:

9. DragonLegend

Lol...do you know All top 50 are multi ship user.
    A pro player made a list acc. To ship most used by top player.
    Your facts are facts of a noob.

10. Crashedup

Do you know I play among them and I know a lot of them personally and know what boat they play and have been keeping tabs on the boat they play and know what Thier main boats and most used boats are?
    U r just a troll like babablacksheep who first didn't read the whole text and then when ran out of pts started calling me noob lmao can't believe I wasted my time arguing with a fool.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Badmouthing will only get the thread closed over what is quite clearly a side topic in this discussion.

Keep it constructive!:)

12. DragonLegend

Lol... Well we can see who is who....
    Still I am sorry for any offense, its not like me.
    And about stats, it can't be based on 1-2 days and dont tell me enforcer were their main ship for more than 1 weak. Since Inc. in enfo just came after this Update. If you know them like you claim, you should know it better, its just so obvious.

13. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Whelp, I'm done taking beating. I've retired my defender and joined the mainstream spammer crowd (the red side). Since every update is an indirect buff to shooters,why not enjoy all the good stuff? Need to retrain a bit and then should be easy 9k hp shooter.
    Pretty sure flare is next on the chopping block, another nerf defenders will be excited for.
    One more epic sniper and I'll be typical nightmare league mk6 shooter.:cool::cool:

14. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

This is my point. Eye of Doom an established Defender only. Is retiring to be a shooter.
    I myself without a fix am working extremely hard grind to get more single point weapons. So I can become an enforcer or speeder. Why? Because these boats so easily kill mine.
    I can list player after player that are quitting being full time Defender. And moving on.
    Here' the scary thing. These guys used to kill at Defender. I can tell you 2 updates ago. Defender was much easier to play. But since needs. Its beyond difficult. And getting boring.
    Yes, these nerfs were for ex cannon.
    But even something like reducing area splash damage hurt defenders bad. The concept of Defender is to put your 18k health right in front on unfriends. Then fire.
    The ex cannon was a perfect match to the Defender concept. No longer.
    Once I have my better single slots weapons. Watch me move on.

Last example. Grey Storm. Guild member. YouTube streamer extrodanaire.
    He made stream after stream as Defender while it was still viable. Now he won't hardly be caught dead in his big blue. Only takes it out a couple hours every 2 weeks.

The nerfs that flipped meta last 2 updates from speeders into becoming .Enforcers. is moving also Defenders out too.... but for a different reason.
    WE don't have the attributes to survive the way we once did. Compared to other ships. And our weapons got nerfed. So play style has to adapt. And Defender boat needs an adjustment.
    So changes must happen.
    Or ....more and more of us will switch.
    Or worse. Quit.
    You talking players and players with over $5,000 into the game. Quitting.
    Currently. I am tempted to.
    For me. Minimum fix to this issue is idea 1 and idea 2.
    The more of my top ideas That are implemented.
    There won't be a need for nerfs.

Buffs first for less used ships and weapons.
    Defender has now proven it is next.
    Weapons on the bay have overpowered the point of defender. When 18k feels like back when I had a mk5 at 8.8k. Seriously....die just as quick now.
    Stats for the boat are off. There is imballance.
    Please for this forum do focus on how the stats of Defender can be improved. In comparative balance to shooters or other boats. Not to nerf other boats. But to save the Big Blue Boat from a boring death.
    Buff Defender.
    Thanks all.
    Jaws.

15. Cpt.urdad

Cpt.urdad Member

You know be doing what ur suggestion you're buffing the speeder of limits and the speeder needs nerfs now..

16. Cpt.urdad

Cpt.urdad Member

Ur username is really what i think when i read posts like that one..

17. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

No it's not.
    If opening thread. Idea 1. Buff Defender attributes
    And idea 2) shrink the shot box or a 10 percent size reduction for Defender are adapted by the devolopers. Hopefully both.

This won't affect speeders. Or nerf speeders.

And while we are at it. These ideas won't nerf any other boat on the bay. It's aimed at making Big Blue fun again.

Your my boy Blue

PastelPiku and Babablacksheep like this.
  18. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

Rather than taking stats from the top 50 take stats from your current season. Only a small percentage of players will even reach that high and it's a terrible representation of the player base as a whole and any nerfs there will just discourage lower level players from using creative loadouts and just cause them to stick to one overrated meta.
    And to the OP I would agree that higher level defenders could use a buff and enforcers and shooters a nerf but the problem is that any buffs or nerfs made will severely effect the mid game players which is probably where majority of players are rn

19. Cpt.urdad

Cpt.urdad Member

Point 1,2 are fine but other than thas is just way too much and unnecessary at all. What i meant is by nerfing the enforcer and shooter..

A55A51N and Babablacksheep like this.
  20. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Well make if they Increase the attributes of defenders, then the only thing They might lacking is Two other weapons which shooter have.

However i don't mind reduced box sizes, Its too hard to miss a shot on defenders.

What i believe should be done is, Increasing the attributes in relation to Rudder or Gear lube only specific to defender. When they are used on defender Rudder boosts HP or Gear lube Boosts weapon damage. If the defenders Have good base agility or Good turret these Blue items will Lose their point of existence.

For me If the use of rudder is somehow promoted within defenders By buffs, Just like it was tried for enforcer in Case of Lube that in addition plus the reduction in box size would Solve most of Defenders problems. Eating torps is one of them

P. S. - - - Shooter is perfectly balanced ship. WHAt makes a Shooter overpowered is the Weapon choice. I agree till Mk5 its quite strong however it doesn't grow significantly at mk6 like other boats. What needed nerf is the weapons shooters use IE sniper. I'm sure this one single broken weapon which if balanced will hit all shooters at the Core. I m a dual sniper shooter, And i believe it is the single most OP weapon in the game. ALSO, balanced shooter Below mk5 will prevent False bias of shooters being OP End game...

As you can see in this replay, additional mortar really doesn't make a difference. It is sniper and railgun which i have used again and again to deal damage from safe distance. https://replay.battlebay.net/KKPXCHBB#HTHQMPDK

Epic sniper crit chance (25%) : Rare sniper (30%).Probably as worse as crit chance can get. Yet it is effective