1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Time To Buff Defender... or nerf Shooters and Enforcers. Fixes suggested.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by *JAWS*, 17 Feb 2018.

1. Yorkcore

Yorkcore New Member

Very good points here, I love the idea 1-4 which really open my mind.
    Being a long time defender player, this is what I thought since the last update.
    A) the ex cannon nerf, I have to admit this is not only affecting speeders but also most of defenders. Defender with 2 ex cannons is very easy to spot in the battlefield.
    B) the new achievement system, which you need to spam your damage. At this point shooter can do much better than defender.
    C) the last two very successful promotions, I believe most shooters have upgraded 1-2 high rank weapons and defender with less hp won't stand a chance to lead the charge and survive in the crossfire. This may not be the major issue but it really annoyed me in the last two days.
    All these points I don't believe the game is bringing more defenders but only losing them. Dev really need to consider this as for the balance of the game.

PastelPiku, Terry Morgan and *JAWS* like this.
  2. Masterlao

Masterlao New Member

Ok so my idea is to add a high lvl talent under Brock, it would make it to where whenever someone targets a defender the crosshairs never turn green

3. noelips

noelips Member

I agree with you 100%

And if any nerf must be applied to the boat. I'd prefer it to be a revert back to before the speed buff. It was not a buff that the boat needed. An enforcer didn't need speed it's turret could always catch its target. It was a buff for people that wanted to be speeders but have more health. All the speed and health lust in this game really isn't healthy.

No one really wants to use gear lube in this boat or at all for some reason. It truly baffles me and I don't think that anyone except for a few will ever get it. Because we aim with our boats... What is turret agility for then?!?

4. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

They can buff defender's passive skills but they have to increase the size of defender for balancing and at the same time defenders will be able to defend teammates with standing in front. I think it is the needed solution.

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Wow, superb post!

Support defender buffs 100%, I know the frustration of taking super hard hits. Defence has not grown as fast as offence on the Bay, I personally think so.

However, enfos are not OP,but with enough cold hard cash, they end up becoming OP. Please don't nerf enfo, nerf the tesshield at epic and legendary(or) buff rare, it's such a fun ship to play!

Also 100% agree on the shooter issue. That ship DESERVES a nerf. Them shooters have been sneering at us for far too long.

6. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Last edited: 18 Feb 2018
  7. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Did you get me? Lmao. Falling on the floor with tears of laughter.

U post a vid of me doing a guild quest sucking in a shooter boat. I lost 7 out of 9 matches. Then went back to my tried and true Defender boat.

You might be missing what the entire post is about. Re read top 3 points.
    They are about buffing defender.
    The whole nerf enforcer or shooter are side points. Only to be used by devs if they decide not to buff defender. To people really getting off on nerf....My ideas aren't about nerfs. It's about ballance. And the other helpers to my original post. We had a speeder, a fixer a defender and an enforcer help me with these ideas. They are valid. I hope to get more valid ideas for buffing.

The next ship due for balance. Ie Buff. Is the Defender. And until a defender can compete for the top infamy spot. It's meta Fact. All other ships have won infamy in last 4 months. Not the Defender
    Not again since last 2 updates which hurt defenders. And also hurt speeders.

Focus more on How buffs can work positively. And not so much on nerfs. U waste effort here.

Jaws

xBonk, PastelPiku and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  8. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Currently 2 defenders (one fifth) in the top ten global ranking. Both are using explosive cannon..

A55A51N likes this.
  9. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Only 1 in top 10. Naot.

Styx used another boat for his infamy climb. Enforcer and shooter. Then switched boats in last day.

Even then. Lets see where things end up in a week. For our discussion we are talking about players that use this boat only. NAOT....is formerly Benjen. Check out his weapons. I used him as an example in my first thread post. He said...he doesn' believe it's possible to be number 1. He is trying. Watch him at end of season. See if he still is in top 10. He has Legendary V5 weapons. And not number 1. The boat has an inherent flaw. Fact.

10. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I've been seeing Styx in that monster for at least a few days. He's ranked 5th now (current infamy not season top).
    Not saying defender couldn't use a small buff, but all of your suggestions seem a bit extreme to me.

ElMataC, A55A51N and What's Up Player like this.
  11. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Let's nerf Enforcers because whales are unstoppable in it.. lol..
    If you want to nerf Enforcer, nerf Legendary and Epic Tesla Shield.
    Is Enforcer op? No. Is Enforcer with double unbreakable shields op? No, but close..

Why there is significant growth in number of Enforcers? Because devs are nerfing Speeder all over again and again, so players find alternatives. The best alternative to Speeder is Enforcer. Makes that Enforcer op? No.

Defender tho needs a small buff. I agree with that. But some ideas are just crazy and together would make them overpowering.
    Playing Defender DOES require less skill than playing Speeder or Enforcer (didn't say it doesn't require skill at all), and playing Defender isn't as exciting as playing other ships. That also doesn't make Enforcers op does it?

I know this is post about Defender mainly, but things you wrote about Enforcer were just ridiculous.

ElMataC, noelips and A55A51N like this.
  12. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

lol infos are not op you are kidding right?
    check top 50 of world right now
    20 - enfos
    13- shooter
    10- speeder
    5- fixer
    2- defender
    6 out of top 10 are enfos
    9 out of top 15 are enfos
    and you think speeders are op and the most used boat among top here are some hard facts
    1. top speeder in no 3 in world and after that it straight to no 22 they are occupying the lowest level among top 50 majority of them are among bottom 20.
    2. only 6 out of 10 are rocking tesla bolt and only 5 of them excanon
    3. out of these who are rocking tesla bolt are not rocking ex canon and those rocking ex canon are not using tesla bolt. only three speeders are using the full fledged excanon and tesla bolt combo.
    so yeah speeders are the most op boat in the bay.
    the trend about overpoweredness of a boat is always decided by the top 50(aka whale) otherwise f2p speeder are not op they are good but nowhere near op.
    see how hard the nerf has hit speeder there used to be atleast 22 speeders among top 50

13. - Oskar -

- Oskar - Well-Known Member

...if this is a thread to talk about improving the defenders, I totally agree, I do not know in which mode but without a doubt it is the most boring, the least efficient boat, and that fewer combinations of effective weapons have less now with the nerf of the ExC . Sometimes I try it for a while for the quest and the sensation is to be sitting on an immobile cement block, terrible. My respect to all players who get good results with this boat because it is a nightmare.
    Nor do I believe that the enforcer this OP, is the only boat that for some strange reason has no space for the bendage and that is a great disadvantage. A speeder with more HP and above a bendage has all the options of winning just by winning a little time.
    As I said in other threads, instead of nerf everything, you have to make a buff of things that are obvious below the level. I can not think of any good reason to use a defender in this game.
    Enforcer is the only boat that moves well, speeder allows you speed and attack surprise and reposition, shooter a ton of weapons, fixer survive and help the rest ... but defender ... a large and slow blue dot on the screen to shoot him.

14. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Lol...So it was fine when speeder were dominating top 50 for like forever and Now some more enfos are in top 50 for first time in history and people talking OP. Well is it me or the world has lost sense.

15. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Wrong thread to cry about speeders. Wait, you are doing it in every goddmaned thread since Update

PastelPiku, A55A51N and DragonLegend like this.
  16. Crashedup

Lol you are so blinded by ur victory of crushing speeders that you don't even read to what context the answer was like every thread all you can do is dis the other memeber when he makes a point on hard fact and call him crier or fool when you know you have no facts which can prove it otherwise such a cry baby you are.
    Read what he said in top 3 comments it was my answer to why enforcers are op qnd speeders are not but no since you play that boat you will cry like a little baby and call other crybaby instead of presenting ur arguments.

17. Crashedup

Lol some more enfonin top 50?
    Did you read my pt carefully there are not some more they are dominating top 50.
    Such a hypocrite you are when there when speeders were on top then top 50 global was the way by which it was judged which ship is op and nerfed were done and you and your friends cried and pointed to top 50 everytime it came to nerfing speeders but when enfocer are among top the criteria has changed lmao
    PS: stemlo tried to explain you why enforcer are the op boat in the bay right but you just ridiculed it because thats the boat you play.
    Edit: I never said it was fine when speeder were on top nerf was needed to tesla bolt but not the way it was handled
    And ex canon nerf was not even needed as pointed out by me in ex canon. Thread by jaw head over there for more answers if you want that
    Edit 2: my answer was also in context to ur this pt read it.

Attached Files:

18. Trium

Trium Active Member

What I really don't like about the Defender is that torpedos hit it when they pass near it, not touching it.
    I was surprised when I saw that in the same situation speeders are not being hit.

To my mind, the physic model of the ship is bigger than it is displayed for us.

It would be great to increase the speed cap of the Defender.

But overall, any buff to Defender would be nice, because it is not competitive to shooters.

19. Crashedup

Read 1-2 pts by jaws they cover these two pts about reducing box size of defender and increasing speed cap

*JAWS* likes this.
  20. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Bro...let me tell you one thing, you are fighting a losing argument here. Haven't you noticed noone is supporting you.
    Even Thread Creator is not agruing on this Since he understood the situation. Besides this is not about enfo. Thread.
    Main Topic is Defender. Lets just keep to it. Or you can keep doing what are you doing and eventually people will start not giving much thought to your comments. Your Choice