1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

End the draw option

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Terry Morgan, 15 Feb 2018.

1. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

The draw option is lame. Speeders just run and hide and fixers too. Costing valuable time and quest points from a hard fought battle. In the last two minutes if only two ships left have a suddendeath. The first one on capture has the priority win if time runs out. It is up to the other ship to kill the ship sitting on capture before timer runs out. If the ship leaves cap then the other ship can gain priority by getting and staying on capture. It's a duel to the death or priority ahip wins. No more running and hiding wasting ten players time and effort.

Turkett

2. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

Rawr

HOT•Pandesal

Terry Morgan likes this.
  3. noelips

noelips Member

Some players (like me) prioritize staying alive above all else. By that point in battle you would be forcing a player to suicide if going for a draw was their only option in avoiding total defeat by placing them in sudden death. One of several things may happen. They go to fight, knowing that they may die and luckily they win. They go to fight, knowing that they will die and do so accordingly. They don't go to fight, admiting defeat and still ride around the map until the time runs out wasting 5 minutes of 5 different peoples lives. They just give up and let the unfriend(s) pound them to death.

...You could have saved a lot more infamy by just going for the draw. Or those people who would have gone for the draw could have just went off to die in the first 30 seconds of the match. Or YOU could just leave the match and go into your next one after you die. No time wasted then.

PastelPiku likes this.
  4. Terry Morgan

I have seen every ship in the game defeat every other ship. I ve seen fixers reck defenders one on one. So that is not a valid excuse. No other game out there ends in a draw. You have a playoff or overtime or suddendeath. You win or you lose. If Battle Bay wishes to grow and become competitive then this option must be eliminated. Just think if the future Battle Bay World Championship was a draw because some speeder or fixer or any other boat ran away unwilling to fight. It a team game not an individual I got to stay alive competition. If your team loses then lose with dignity not run around just to say I didn't die!

Thanks for listening

Turkett

#CK, *JAWS* and Sifa like this.
  5. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

I don't like the adjustments in the infamy of -/+1 that you see when there is a draw as that suggests actually one team won over the other.

As a non-selfish fixer I'm quite happy to have the draws as there is no way I could wreck anyone. In most circumstances I couldn't win 1 on 1 and I'm in no mind to sacrifice the infamy of my teammates just to get it over and done with. I'd say I'm infact more of a team player by not costing each person -24/-25.

_devill, Kalbs, noelips and 1 other person like this.
  6. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Really? How often do you see M4 speeders taking down M6 shooters or even M5 speeders? Why on earth would I willingly engage a foe which is almost certain to kill me rather than use one of the key features of my boat? Why didn't your team prioritize the speeders? I always do. How often do you really end up in draws because I play a speeder which, in theory, should generate draws more often than anything else yet for me they are rare.

Out of curiosity, since you're willing to gimp my boat in this situation, are you also willing to gimp all the other boats? Do shooters lose half their gun tubes?

Is it the time or the frustration? If they put in an "I surrender" button that would allow the two remaining players to jointly "draw" the match instantly would you be happier?

Kalbs likes this.
  7. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    But it helps all ur team not lose infamy, that is the most important thing.

8. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    I fought these two mk5 shooters who were capturing and won, the thing is I knew I could lose but I counted on the fact that they would be caught unawares. But yes I dont see many draws as I often head out to ill in any 1vs 1 situation. Its is only when it is 1vs 2 that I hide and take pot shots until one iss dead. Ater that it usually is a draw as the timer runs out.

9. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Sure, it happens. I've done it too. But it's a rare thing unless one or both boats are severely injured already and they have split up. If two reasonably healthy M5 shooters let me kill them then they are both grossly incompetent or else they are both mortar/torp boats.

10. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    yes in that case, half their weapons were a mortar or torp.

11. NoTzHoNg

NoTzHoNg Active Member

Battle Bay Player
    I gotta good idea, instead of this, the map would get smaller, similar to battle royale games like fortnite

*JAWS* likes this.
  12. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Put up a poll to see what the community thinks

13. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    After reading others' posts, I've thought up a compromise. I understand your logic and I would say I agree, even though I've been that speeder/fixer that has no chance of winning but a good chance of pulling a draw. I'd like to make a small adjustment to your idea.

Keep the sudden death idea intact, but claiming victory this way results in a "conditional victory." The game will still treat it as a draw, keeping everyone's infamy intact, but the team in favor (the one that won due to sudden death) still gets their quest progress counted. It would essentially create an option to surrender if the critical hp player in the 1v1 at the end decides to run away, without losing completely. It's fair because even though both parties are unable to fully claim victory, the team that claims the capture point has the control.

We could all agree that a draw is better than defeat, but victory is also better than a draw. This way, a "draw" can have favorable results for both parties.

Terry Morgan likes this.
  14. noelips

noelips Member

You're welcome. It's honestly cool to see that you want the capture point to be more important/usefull in battle. :)

I'm pretty sure that unless matchmaking is changed in some way this is just going to lead to more high level players (p2w or long time f2p players) with high level stuff chilling at lower infamy levels (or being stuck or something). Which would not be cool for the future.

Question though... How would you solve a 5v5 draw where no one goes to capture in sudden death mode? The same thing could happen 1v1 with both guys really trying to duke it out. It will happen and you need a way to solve that if you want to remove draws completely.

P.S. I'm still against this idea.

15. Terry Morgan

Same rule applies the first team on capture in last two minutes has prioity and it is up to other team to get them off/kill them/or die trying.

Turkett

16. Terry Morgan

That has some merits as far as quest points but still wouldn't solve the issue in a competitive match in the hopefully near future. There needs to be a way to have a decisive victor at the end of each battle.

Turkett

*JAWS* likes this.
  17. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    It'd made sense to still pull a draw if nothing happens.

Scourge Argaen likes this.
  18. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Infamy doesn' matter anymore in this game.
    Guilds do.

Guild quest and guild rewards do.

So when I see a person on my friends team or unfriends team draw and turn tale and run. It's upsetting. It says 5 minutes wasted.

Go out in a blaze of glory and fight. The skills you learn 1vs1 will benefit you in the long wrong. Yes u can lose. But you can win. 90 percent of VIP would support your decision to fight.
    And both friends team members and unfriends team members will respect your courage. Plus you ended up giving at least 5 players their guild rewards. Team sport all. We benefit each other.
    So when u only think solo. Force draw. U hurt 9 other players.

I hope devs end draws. And implement a death circle to force closer and closer action. Using the capture as a capture the flag moment. Who ever has it longest wins.

@The Grim Repair
    @Miika
    @Dmg don

The draw has gone on long enough. Let' get some new methods for determing a winner. To be a global video game sport. There must be winners.

Playing to draw is for people who like consolation prizes. Just saying. Winners win.
    Blaze of glory.

PastelPiku and Terry Morgan like this.
  19. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

If infamy didn't adjust per game people would be less worried about going for a draw.

20. Rez Messing

Rez Messing Active Member

Ne’er-do-well
    A “draw” is a great strategic option that not enough players use. If you really are a better player, then prove it by killing the opponent. If you can’t kill that last player, then a draw is deserved.