1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Flare Gun too OP against heals

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Fixer sa Recto, 15 Feb 2018.

1. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

I dont know if you can call it fair to be forever -30% heal reduced on whoever is the lucky receiver.

1 well perked fg can devastate a fixer the whole freaking game.

Seriously -30% healing the whole game?
    20s duration
    11s cooldown

Nerf!

~ranting fixer

Nikkie!, Sewah and Thinn Bihh like this.
  2. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Its funny that I have never seen anyone actually try that though

3. Fixer sa Recto

League? If you're in nightmare then just ignore this i might be mistaken. Try some rounds at 4000infa :)

Last edited: 15 Feb 2018
  4. kusura bakmayin

kusura bakmayin Member

I get flared a lot, but I never noticed Flare Gun keeping healing reduced after its duration expires. Do you have any more details on this or example games where it happened?

5. Jennyfur3810

Jennyfur3810 Active Member

I made a post about this but they apparently closed it down. It also stacks so if you have two flares on you the heals go down about 45% this doesn’t only happen to fixers, it happens to all boats.

6. kusura bakmayin

kusura bakmayin Member

Yeah, I know about the stacking part, but I had never noticed it lasting once the burn wore off. Honestly I'm more worried about the ECs and Stun Bolts than the Flares as a Fixer. It's so slow that I dodge it sometimes even when I'm not Overboosting.

7. Jennyfur3810

He is saying that the duration is a lot longer then the cool down. So if your constantly getting flared then you have the reduction the whole match.

8. kusura bakmayin

kusura bakmayin Member

Gotcha. In that case, send out a help macro and stick with your team or hide behind them so that you don't remain a target for long, that's why Fixers spam the Together! macro at the beginning of matches :)

9. Deadlyhook

Deadlyhook New Member

Developers need to change the freaking flare gun... It is already too hard to heal the retards in nightmare league and evade stun guns and also remove them. And now you put a fuking flare gun 30 % reduction heal that everyone has flare gun... Srsly?? If u want us to quit playing fixers u could have just ask us!!

Sewah likes this.
  10. Fixer sa Recto

1 ship with 1 flare gun can basically debuff 2 ships continuously for the whole match. :eek:

11. Fixer sa Recto

It’s either nerf or add a counter like talent for repair bolts to remove flared status

Deadlyhook and kusura bakmayin like this.
  12. kusura bakmayin

kusura bakmayin Member

Yeah, Felix level 16 should remove burn in addition to frost.

Deadlyhook likes this.
  13. Jennyfur3810

Yeah but then what about the fixer? If you can remove the flare with the bolt then everyone is going to know to just flare the fixer and then they won’t even be able to heal themselves.

14. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

If you mad because of the duration, they can reduce duration to half and double damage at every seconds. I would like a flare that quick damaging . Heal debuff doesn't need a nerf, it is quitely fair. Fixing teammates has great potential to change the game's destiny. Something must be able to prevent it.

Marquesolution likes this.
  15. Jennyfur3810

... that’s the point of a fixer lol.

Deadlyhook and kusura bakmayin like this.
  16. kusura bakmayin

kusura bakmayin Member

That's why you hide! I love the schadenfreude of watching an assassin get shot to pieces by my teammates and blow up right in front of me :)

17. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Exactly. I am that assassin quite frequently and I'm looking for the same things any predator is looking for. I want prey that is vulnerable... weakened and/or separated from it's herd. Nailing a fully healthy fixer from among an alert team is a very, very rare occurrence. Heck, nailing an injured fixer from among his team takes some work. All this talk of the speeder just loitering around and flaring everyone in sight makes me wonder if high level players don't bother to shoot at speeders.

In the end, jury's out in my mind on this one since I don't even have the talent yet. But after listening to my peer speeders whine about the bolt nerf I'm loath to jump on board with the "flare is OP" bandwagon. The vast majority of enemies I see have zero or one flare on them. Few have two. It's pretty rare that there's more than that.

18. kusura bakmayin

kusura bakmayin Member

Great point. I get heated by a good assassination just like anybody else, but I almost always could have avoided it: "Hey, great, four of my guys shoot four of their guys. Nothing wrong here! Let me get complacent and stop watching my six..." One of the reasons I run double Bolts / Sniper Cannon is that I appreciate the unpredictability of close range combat, so I admire Speeders and Shooters who do it day in, day out. And yes, you're right, my teammates frequently ignore Speeders and Enforcers sneaking up on me. I'm pretty good about sending out an "Attack Snapshot! Help!" macro and running back to the team, but even I miss it occasionally in the fog of war.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I have to admit, there's a certain tension that happens when you're looking at 20,000hp and 20 gun tubes worth of enemy and thinking, "Should I charge them?" It's especially fun when it only takes 3 hits from those 20 tubes to end your match. Every.Single.Time I begin my approach I think, "You're an idiot for trying this." A few weeks ago my wife and I were looking at a documentary on TV and as a rite of passage for young males in this tribe you had to (not kidding here), walk up to a whole pride of lions and just take their kill that they are feeding on. There were no tricks. They just stared down the lions and scared them off LOL. That's about what I feel like when I'm looking at that vulnerable fixer in among his team.

Lots of people ignore it in the sneaking up phase. That's why a fixer under 1500 HP is a target for me. My first salvo will do 1000 points. Then I'll need to survive for 12 seconds to do another salvo which should overcome his healing and kill him... should. What utterly blows my mind is when a team just lets me park right in among them and kill their fixer. Sometimes they let me then go on to kill the rest of them one at a time. That can't be "fog of war". It's gotta be "fog of booze" or something similar :)

By the way, I can't wait to get up to higher infamies now so people will stop shooting at me. It's really annoying that all the low-infamy noobs actually try to kill me.

20. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Once I found myself stuck between one fixer and four shooters, evry time I shot my carroand it hit all of them meaning I could never kill the fixer and I got quickly destroyed myself.

kusura bakmayin likes this.