1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 2.8 "From Battle Bay with Love!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Miika, 13 Feb 2018.

1. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Actually, I played with a R1 tesla bolt on my new speeder. In the end I chose OB/Nitro rather than OB/Bolt but I could go either way on it. I chose nitro because it allows me better choices strategically but tactically (in a dog fight) I pine for the bolt. I'm unclear on why it matters how long it lasts. Typically when I used it I was just buying myself a few seconds to get on the other side of their turret. It was to cover mistakes I'd made previously in boat positioning. Other than being supremely annoying, how is a 15 second stun any different from a 5 second one?

I admit I'm not a hardcore bolt user right now so I might be missing something. But to me it seems like a few seconds is really what you need from your stun not a few minutes.

2. Snapshot

LOL, this noob speeder doesn't even have a tesla bolt so I have to find other ways to not get hit. Even a 5 second bolt is a hugely powerful tool. When I have used it, it was mostly to cover for sloppy positioning to start with and I only needed a few seconds to get on the other side of their turret. I might be missing something but I feel like if I'm needing to stun people more than 3 times a minute then I'm doing something very, very wrong.

From my standpoint the tesla bolt has one HUGELY endearing feature. It really doesn't care if you're fighting a M6 with T2 legendary weapons. A stun is a stun no matter what. Compare that to the tesla shield which I'd need to get up to at least R40 to have any utility and even then it'd get broken frequently enough.

3. kusura bakmayin

kusura bakmayin Member

The way bolt worked before the update was shoot, stun, wait for weapons cooldown, shoot, stun, wait for cooldown. If you were any decent and had a high level bolt, you could do this indefinitely as long as nobody else shot and broke the stun. Combine this with slow turrets on Shooter/Defender and you could dance through them and really dominate.

4. GigaBeard

GigaBeard Member

Same here, in the latest guild matchup we're up against teams in the 300s and 100s while we are in 600s. Doesn't seem fair. Yes, we are an active guild, but this is ridiculous!! Not sure what the devs were thinking on this one. Most of the changes have been great, but not this one. It threatens to undermine all the good, by ruining the sense of fair competition.

Last edited: 14 Feb 2018
    Spinners71 likes this.
  5. Snapshot

Well that's pretty much how it seems to me from listening to the complaints and if so my sympathy level is zero. If I'm reading this right the whole complaint comes down to, "Help! I'm not invulnerable any more so I can't fight."

kusura bakmayin and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. Jimmymadd

Jimmymadd New Member

Lots to love and hate here.

Love:
    - refined guild interface
    - improved guild quests

Hate:
    - guild quest match-up updates. My very active guild ranked 1K is now matched up with rank 400 and rank 600 groups. You appear to penalize for participation giving low participation groups a leg up to win. We are going from 1st to 3rd on matchups.
    - wayward map update is a mixed bag. It was nice to have a map where those that rely on mortars were sniffed out. Now it’s a mortar haven to bomb behind barricades.
    - too bad about the weapon changes seems we are trying to make mortars stronger and direct attack weapons weaker

7. tuwrlman

tuwrlman New Member

Rivalry match making - Guild quests

This update has had some terrible consequences for my guild. We are a low level but highly active guild. Average level is around 26 to give some context. Because usually higher level guilds are more active we are now being placed against higher level guilds that are just as active as us. As a result we cannot win the quests as we are just as active and they have higher level guns. It feels like we are being punished for being an active guild I don't get it do you not want us to play the game a lot?

8. tuwrlman

tuwrlman New Member

I just complained about the same thing without reading your post. Penalised for playing more crazy. If they don't change it I'll start playing less

9. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Its so bad now, Mortar and torpedoes spammed every where

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  10. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Lol I love it, apart from when a stray tier 4 epic torpedo just nearly completely wipes out my 2000 life in one hit.

11. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

I did BC before BC will be cool (;

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. fragglelator

fragglelator Active Member

Same sentiments here. Update overall is good but the guild matchup is somehow borked. For example, our current matchup (in order of current quests completed):-
    Guild 1 : Rank 1179 : Infamy 20066 : Quests 15 : Members 25/25
    Guild 2 : Rank 4858 : Infamy 10904 : Quests 19 : Members 25/25
    Guild 3 : Rank 6826 : Infamy 8935 : Quests 8 : Members 7/25
    Guild 4 : Rank 2627 : Infamy 13799 : Quests 16 : Members 21/25
    Guild 5 : Rank 4851 : Infamy 10637 : Quests 16 : Members 16/25
    Guild 6 : Rank 3873 : Infamy 11721 : Quests 16 : Members 24/25

Why is there a guild with average twice as much infamy in our matchup?
    Perhaps some allowance should be made for the number of members (active) in the guild as that impacts on total contribution.

13. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Guild matchups are done on quests completed. In that respect infamy doesn't matter. It literally doesn't matter... quests are quests.

IMO I don't think it was a great decision to match 6 equals together because now we will have 5 out of every 6 high performing guilds NOT getting first place for all that work. Low performing guilds will now be rewarded just as handsomely for doing relatively little. If I were to make any suggestion it would have been to make the 1-3rd place rewards proportional to the quests required to win that particular rivalry, so that a 50 quest output gets more tokens with a win than a 5 quest output guild, which are FAR more common that many people think.

FirnenAhead likes this.
  14. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Trophies is a relative number, relative to everyone else in the guild, but meaningless in itself, and not relevant to trophy counts even last week. What you will see now is highly active guild members getting 10's of thousands of trophies vs hundreds (as before) because now we have proper weighting in boards 2+. It's all good.

Spinners71 and #CK like this.
  15. Nam_Nam

Nam_Nam Active Member

I've been noticing that my aiming circle is a little weird. It seems to drift an extreme amount depending on how my target is moving. I personally find it annoying because I now miss shots that would have landed (caused me to miss a speeder at almost Point Blank, losing the match). Is this intentional? If so, anyone have ideas for adjusting/fixing it?

16. Jujujuan

Jujujuan Active Member

I glad with the new rivarly. Now we wont be able reach first place never but will be able to complete more missions.

A55A51N likes this.
  17. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    wow , that's crazy . have you try uninstall the game then reinstall again ? maybe it's because your sticky target function actually off

18. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

Yeah they should do like stun your enemy for so many seconds or absorb x amount of damage with a Tesla shield.

_devill likes this.
  19. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    yeah , i'm thinking the same , it's should be some fix in rivalry matchmaking , maybe 3 competitive guild and 3 less competitive guild in each rivalry . meanwhile waiting for this fix , you can play more strategically ( if current rivalry over competitive , almost all guild made it to same quest done ) by losing on purpose . so in the next rivalry you'll get less competitive guild and your chance to get 42 k tokens are bigger .

20. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    i think your heal counted as well as damage , and i think you've 2x boost active , right ? so that's near the 42k count . ( any weapon count x1 , but if you use big bertha ( match weapon ) it counted x10 )

cmiiw

JungleMist likes this.