1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

EX Cannon is Busted since last 2 updates. FIX suggested below

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by *JAWS*, 13 Feb 2018.

1. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Sells Ex cannon deals for 150 dollars.
    Nerfs it next week.
    Yolo

2. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Explosive cannon was the most used weapon in the Bay. Of course it needed nerf. Still think it was way too harsh. One of those two nerfs would be satisfying enough.

3. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Nah ex cannon will do just fine. Maybe it's no longer the best weapon in the game but I certainly feel it's up there

4. Crazycyclops

Crazycyclops Member

Lol... So true.. it's rovio's way of telling I'll take your money and then screw you over.
    I was upgrading my t4 epic ex cannon, and was going to use it in place of my blast cannon. But now that's seems redundant.. but still there is not much data about use of ex cannon. Is it completely dead on speeder ships or can it be used ?

5. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

The ugly truth, people still running ex cannons on the bay like normal.

Whereas with frost it's 99% dead. You guys shouldnt even be talking about this. We have to bring frost BACK.

Thinn Bihh, A55A51N, Ash KOT and 4 others like this.
  6. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Yessss bring me back my frost torp combo! I used it before everyone thought it was op (before frost talents were fixed) and nobody had a problem then! They nerfed it worse than it was back then

7. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Really guys, nobody doesn't think dual explosive defenders are so powerful? Or shooters with stacking explosive? We saying sniper is op too and deserves a nerf just like explosive cannon. Most of players running explosive instead of blast. Because explosive was too powerful than blast for same purpose. If there is a explosive or blast, i bet almost every players chose the explosive. Devs wanted to make them two different weapons. They don't wanted the difference between them just slot points.

Last edited: 14 Feb 2018
    wtfack likes this.
  8. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

After a day of playing hard, I see no major drop off in explosive cannon usage or effectiveness. It is still a beast.

9. Taevion0

Taevion0 Member

My issue is that its very similar to blast cannon.

I still use ex can for few reasons
    1. I just lved my epic excan to t4 and its my only epic
    2. It completes the new achievements
    3. Its the only gun i can use with sniper bc of the bhurt tree

But def looking at other options. For speeder. 2 guns and 1 with 15cd is kinda long

Neu likes this.
  10. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

stop crying lol! Ex cannon is very powerful item even now.

11. baysider

baysider Active Member

i don’t have a problem with a second consecutive nerf in the update necessarily i don’t agree with the way it was done. it isn’t just a nerf but it completely changes the dynamic of red items and how the item fits in relative to the other red items which are similar. I think the nerf should be similar to sniper nerf or triple torpedo buff where they subtracted 7.5% damage from sniper or 10% damage like triple torpedo buff and everything else stays the same. or... make the cooldown like big torpedo 13.3 sec and subtract around 5% from damage and don’t touch the range. with 25 range it was in a mid-range weapon class with standard cannon and standard mortar, ballpark and big berta now it is more of a close range weapon with a low dps and low projectile speed compared to other close range weapons.

VantaBlack, Babablacksheep and *JAWS* like this.
  12. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    I think the Dev's saw so many people boasting about doing over 2K or more damage from their Ex Cannon that they decided to humble them. Haha. I myself find explosive cannon very hard to use, but I have great respect for those who use it well. As far as the Dev's just up and unnerfing the Ex Cannon, I can say (because I'm still a frost launcher user) Don't Hold Your Breath.

13. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

As the original poster of this thread.

I would like to see more suggestion for usability and how to make it viable.

Forum history for me. I supported all players saying frost got nerfed too hard. And have helped come up with positive solutions for how to make it better.

Even when disagreeing with those on this forum about a sniper nerf. I saw good suggestions abouy changing bhurt training tree to move sniper criticals further down the tree so it isnt mid game Op.

So now there are some here gloating about the demise of ex cannon. And no suggestions how to fix it. Whats the point of doing that?
    Please leave this forum.

Seriously. There are defenders massively rocked by this nerf. As a boat. We got crushed. One could argue it affected other boats. But meta. Ex cannon was used by 95 percent of defenders.

Real talk we know whatever the top speeders use the Developers will nerf.

Instead of nerfing weapons. Why not just actually affect speeder attributes. Because these weapon nerfs done poorly have crushed an under used boat the defender. Again real talk. Meta. Defender is the most under used boat.

Now back to the point of my thread.
    Ex cannon as it is. Now. Is drastically different then it was a week ago. The distance nerf is the worst. Even worse than the cool down. Cuz now a defender to even fire it we can be hit by every single weapon.

Every time. We get hit. We have no Ovetboost to speed out. Or nitro. Or tesla shield. Dead meat at the new firing distance for this. Half a defenders health gone in 19 seconds.

To make up for this distance nerf on Ex cannon.
    My highest suggestion which has great support on this forum is to
    1) up the Shot speed by 5 on Explosive cannon.

Also. Serious discussion why is this a 2 slot weapon when it just got nerfed 20 percent dps. No other weapon in the history of nerfs in 10 months has received a 20 percent dps drop off.

So if it is to remain 2 slots. It must go up in Base damage 10 to 15 percent.

Then a onger cool down makes sense. Ie this is the rail gun of Cannons.

For history lesson. This weapon wasnt around in beta. It was added later.

So Developers. We ask the explosive cannon be seperated further from blast cannon. And given proper attributes to show its difference. Right now its a worse Blast cannon.

Ex cannon got nerfed 2 time is a row.

Devs. Can we fix it to make ex cannon differentiate from other cannons? And focus more on boat to boat ballancing instead of heavy nerfs. Cuz as a defender. This was heavy. Meta heavy.

Community. Lets get some good ideas how to make it unique and occupy its own space as a cannon.

JAWS

@Miika @The Grim Repair @Dmg don

14. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Jaws for president. That's all.

15. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Make battle bay great again....

16. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    My opinion, but just because defenders used 2 ex cannons doesn't mean we should have that weapon be op in order to help defenders, that's silly. What we need is a significant and direct buff to the defenders, not some indirect weapon buff that other ships can also take advantage of.
    Edit: After reading your whole post I see that you'll probably agree.

17. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

I ran flare EC today and felt little difference from the previous state. The cooldown felt okay Imo, the range was terrible but my flare has the same range as EC now so it felt somewhat easier knowing it's a do or die within next 2 shots. The damage is same as before and still very effective for those running epics. The Tesla bolt nerf is definitely hitting us hard but whatever, there is always a way out.

Anyway I guess EC should receive a buff for projectile speed while equipped on defenders and we can throw in a couple of range points as well. It will be kind of ship perks or call it synergy. And to even the gain with other ships we could de-buff some aspect of the ship like defense or HP while EC is on. I can't think of anything else to de-buff cos blues are already slow so can't take that away anymore or it will be a sitting duck.
    @*JAWS* I run speeder main so I don't know much about defenders except they are fun to follow around when they use EC's. :D
    Now the question is, will this synergy work, I mean from a devs point of view?

VantaBlack and *JAWS* like this.
  18. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Honestly, their projectile speed could use a small buff due to the range nerf. It can't shoot as far, so a little reliability couldn't hurt.

VantaBlack, *JAWS* and _devill like this.
  19. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

To all those with comments like nail that sticks out gets hammered down and blah blah
    Justify why EC should be a two slot weapon now?
    What advantage does it have if compared to blast canon?

VantaBlack likes this.
  20. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Splash damage. That's it lol.

A55A51N and VantaBlack like this.