1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 2.8 "From Battle Bay with Love!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Miika, 13 Feb 2018.

1. HELLRAZOR

HELLRAZOR Well-Known Member

Now I want to just sit here on this forum complaining. Lmao
    IMG_20170712_183947.png

2. Harmy823

Harmy823 New Member

The change to the fire bomb is dumb. Not even worth using anymore .

VantaBlack likes this.
  3. Silverchris

Silverchris Active Member

On the new guild battle rivalry setup..

Before the update th guild I’m in would quite often be put with guild around our guild ranking and be fun trying to outscore them on quests done( guild rank about low 400’s)

Today on the other hand we been put with guilds who are in top 300 and 2 of whom are in top 100 and already they are streaking ahead of us,completely spoiling the rivalry For us.

Bring back the old rivalry it was more competitive and fun but been put with top guilds when we not a top guild yet just punishes us for no reason.

4. Leyenda

Leyenda New Member

buena la nueva actualizacion espero q la proxima sea mas mejor

5. ShiptonStreetEnd

ShiptonStreetEnd New Member

Guild quests are now nuts, all the x5 and x10 bonuses are making it way too easy for people to rattle through the quests
    We're an active guild but i've never seen anyone get 10k trophies before in a week, now somebody has got it within the first few hours and another already on 6k.

6. Maxpuma

Maxpuma Member

Can you please clarify how fleeting bonus work?

Also mentioned earlier, if I've already have VIP how can I finish VIP Achievement?

Thanks

7. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

Well yeah, now that they're scaling trophy scores relative to the difficulty of the board, then EVERYONE's trophy scores are going to be scaled up from what you were used to seeing in the past. But now relative trophy scores between members will be much more meaningful --- because that one person to who logged in for 2-hours at the start of board 1, and never logged in again all week, won't outscore everyone else in the guild who missed out on board 1, but played hard for the next 6 days. This is a GOOD THING!

8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Someone said it. You, sir, earned this like!

9. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

Haven't logged in yet, but if it is like what you're describing, then my fears from yesterday after reading the patch notes seem to be confirmed...

10. ShiptonStreetEnd

ShiptonStreetEnd New Member

That's not whats happening, the people who have smashed the early boards are already way out infront, even more so than normal. People are able to complete single quests in one or 2 battles because of the huge bonuses on offer.

11. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Yea, it is better to deal 1 damage from the edge but burn for the 20 secs, isn't it?
    Don't be funny. If you want to burn enemies for sure, flare is always waiting for you.

12. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

I want to ask a query re the guild quest changes in terms of boosts.

On the board in my guild, a quest is to win 75 matches for the fixer group. You automatically get x5 contribution just for being the fixer.

Will the guild boosts be additional or compound it?

I.e. 1 win is 5 points + 5 points with the boost ergo 10 or is it the 5 points x 5 with the boost ergo 25?

13. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

shouldn't you guys be happy that quests are easier to finish now? more quests done means more boards to finish meaning more tokens to gain, right? it's basically the same condition for everyone, the guilds with limitless super boosts are still at an advantage but now, those that can't compete against the booster guilds can still finish more boards now and gain more tokens, theoretically speaking (we are still at board 3 at the moment).

14. yellowocean

correct, if you do it while fleeting u get 50 points for it instead of just 25 because fleeting doubles your output for each quest you selected.

15. yellowocean

as regarding the perceived nerf on speeders and enforcers, i beg to disagree... just had several battles where we were all shooters against and all yellow team, guess who got dominated ----- > yellow team won by a landslide... yellows are still the stronger boat classes in my opinion. and besides the 20 cooldown for tesla bolt is the base cooldown, with the cooldown skills on buzzkill, you can bring it down to around 16s i think (my TB cooldown is at 17s, with a couple of cooldown skills not activated). you also have the option of equipping cooldown perks so the adjustment on TB isn't as bad as it seems.

the meta will continually change, that's expected... with that, we also need to make adjustments on our gameplay. with some items that got nerfed, the devs did buff them back up (e.g. tritorps, ballpark) so it adjustments will keep coming.... let's just try to keep up with it.

Riddlerpaji likes this.
  16. Buzz...

Buzz... Member

I think speeder health should be reduce to 100 HP as we are too fast. Tesla bolt 20sec cooldown is too short make it 5 minutes. Make mortor cooldown 1 sec so shooters can dominate. Also why give speeder 2 weapon slots give only 1. Actually why there is ship call speeder ? Remove it. You are killing speeder over time, like a slow poison.

WarCream, What's Up Player and #CK like this.
  17. Buzz...

Buzz... Member

It's the hardeest member to train. Takes lot of sugar. Also not all players have lv 30 buzzkill

18. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

SEVERE problems with pressing buttons on Pixel 2 XL. It doesn't recognize presses then recognizes them all at once. Mostly chat, X, and arrow buttons but occasionally weapons as well.

Also there's some weird red swirl when ships are hit.

Spinners71 likes this.
  19. kusura bakmayin

kusura bakmayin Member

As a Fixer, I really appreciate this patch a lot. The balances and updates don't directly touch the Fixer mostly, but make questing more inclusive. The specific weapon achievements will make it a lot easier to source green items, the flattened quests make it easier to contribute, and the Stun Bolt nerf makes Fixers harder to stunlock. Now if only healing "damage" counted towards quests!

#CK likes this.
  20. GigaBeard

GigaBeard Member

Is there any indication of what the fleeting bonuses are??? Where can we see the bonuses in game in other words

Last edited: 14 Feb 2018