1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 2.8 "From Battle Bay with Love!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Miika, 13 Feb 2018.

1. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Defenders just officially became the WORST boat again.

VantaBlack likes this.
  2. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Ok. I thought the best was sniper cos a lot of players were asking to nerf it due to it's minimal drawbacks.

And since you are feeling good about EC nerf, well every ship will have one blast cannon now. Better projectile speed and easier to connect than EC. Add fire perks and you have another best weapon for the fire combo. And to top it off, it's a one slot weapon with lower cooldown so there isn't much trouble replacing a 2 slot EC.

VantaBlack and Jowiee like this.
  3. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Last week the game sold (2) epic ex cannon for $99!! This week they nerfed ex cannon dps by 20% and range by 10%. What a cheating scheme. SCAM!!!!

Warchin3 likes this.
  4. MySheWasYar

MySheWasYar New Member

Rovio has given me a very special gift: they have obliterated my "go to" set up (flare+ec & Tesla bolt) and at the same time have cut me off from the game as I cannot update it on my iPad and cannot play. The gift: piece of mind since I already struggle to maintain my infamy. No play = no frustration. They did nothing to mines or torpedoes which can do 2k+ damage without any contact. I guess they only listen to their favored players. From 13 seconds to 20 for Tesla? How about frosts that last forever?

VantaBlack likes this.
  5. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I am absolutely LOVING the new weapon damage achievements.

6. MySheWasYar

MySheWasYar New Member

Wow, that's a great point. I didn't have offer but I'd be really upset if I spent that kind of money & then got nerfed.

Warchin3 likes this.
  7. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

Good except for telsa bolt nerf need probably will just scrap mine now.

8. _devill

Yep it would be good to get some legendaries as F2P. No yellows though. Don't know why?

Jumppanen, Rainbow Warrior and Hokuse like this.
  9. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Damn. Wayward Pains was a board I like because it limited mortar usage.

And a 7 second(!) Nerf on the bolt?!

10. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

No blues either, but why are we complaining lol.
    I hope this update brings in a new meta.
    DOUBLE TESLA BOLT SPEEDERS HERE WE GO!!!

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  11. MrGoodFella

MrGoodFella New Member

Soo awesome!! Im soo excited to get a chance to get a t2 leg weapon now with the achievement.. great work guys!

12. MySheWasYar

MySheWasYar New Member

I can't access the game on my iPad either.

13. Pallas Athena

Pallas Athena New Member

Good to know... hope we get in soon!

14. LotharusMaximus

LotharusMaximus Well-Known Member

Go to the update tab for all apps that can be updated in the app store and pull down on the page until the spinning wheel pops up. The new update should pop up on the top of your app update list.

MySheWasYar and Pallas Athena like this.
  15. DoktorTeeth

DoktorTeeth Member

next: how about fixing the constant "new message" markers on guild chat, when there are no new messages... or is that related to the issue you just fixed?

16. _devill

Double Tesla bolts will do the trick. Still need to try it out though. They should have removed the stun resistance or adjusted it to balance out the nerf.

17. Pallas Athena

Pallas Athena New Member

You're brilliant and most excellent... Thank you!

18. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

I can see double Tesla bolts working very well on speeders who focus on targets not being shot at. This will create a new meta of people who are more conscious of the battlefield and make players smarter! Very nice!

19. Stig

Stig Member

Every nerf will make someone mad. I think they got TB right. People were quitting because of the frustration. I actually think it will still be used almost as much as before. The actual stun times are quite high still but we'll see how it plays out.

EC: yes it needed a Nerf. I'm not sure this is the best way. It's the critical hit that's moronic. I don't use it but to me, I'd like to see a huge reduction in critical hit damage. A significant increase in regular damage would be fine if the critical hit was nerfed. They could have left cool down alone. That plan would make EC reasonable but still the most powerful cannon.... which it should be at 2 slots.

DEVS: PLEASE LET US KNOW ABOUT THE VERTICAL AIM LEADING. I hope they didn't make cannon or mortar shooting easier. Horizontal and vertical leading is the part that rewards skill.

20. jSwtch

jSwtch Member

Great update Rovio!

We need yellow item quests and guild quests!
    Also blue item quests - can just be tied with dominator (win x battles with small shield/turbo/bandage/rudder equipped..)

Also please INCREASE sugar cap!

The Grim Repair likes this.