1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Revolution of fixers!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by wtfack, 22 Jan 2018.

?

raise the importance of fixing (heal)?

1. yes

85 vote(s)
    90.4%
  2. no

9 vote(s)
    9.6%
  1. Rona1dinh0

Rona1dinh0 New Member

As a day 1 fixer, I have learned that stars are far from reach. Good to have a tread on this!

I also realized that no one seemed to mention self healing does not count towards the healing meter!!! Hey, come on! We normally are the one being targeted first and getting hit first, why self healing does not count?? Take hits from unfriends = less damages dealt to your team! Just like tanking or taking all the focus on one self, that should be recognized!!! :mad:

2. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

FIXERS FOR LIFE :):):):)

FataMorgana88 and wtfack like this.
  3. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

Good shout on the 0 contribution from self-healing. Very important to keep all bodies in the game, especially your own. More so when as you said the fixer is usually number 1 to kill. I've had games where it looked like we were going to lose but by keeping myself alive we managed to turn it around and win.

But I suspect that's seen as a selfish action hence why it's not counted. Does tape count towards healing?

4. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Interesting topic.
    With regards to healing the highest damage dealer to get more stars, i dont think so.

In this replay, i heal the defender from start to finish, the only thing i notice, i was assisting the defender in killing the enemies.

So 3 star to me.
    Healing + Damaging + Assisting = High Chances of 3 star.

Btw,

Dev, i need to level up my ExC and my Duct, please.
    It been toooo long stuck at ExC T3 and Duct T4.
    Tq Dev.

Again I will support this revolutions.

All hell tape.
    Fear the duct side.
    Embrace the duct side.

Nikkie!, kusura bakmayin, Neu and 4 others like this.
  5. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

gj! You took 2nd position in the damage dealing among 10 players)

Sewah likes this.
  6. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

I hope to get 1st when dev give me 1 epic Ex Canon

7. Rona1dinh0

Rona1dinh0 New Member

Duct tape healing will not!

Scourge Argaen likes this.
  8. Neu

Neu Member

Easy 3 star w/o Fire/Ice/Tesla and massive healing.

3star.jpg

9. Earel

Earel Active Member

Sometimes it’s happening in case with total domination and quick match around the one min.

10. Neu

Neu Member

Nah, it's not quick match, around 3 min games. I just went rambo with speeder in this match, back door attack, doing 100% self healing and heal pulse 2 top dmg speeder. Picking fight against slow defender at back 1st.

If it the case of total domination I had 1 with 20k healing but only got 2star.
    Screenshot_2018-02-09-18-20-42-554_com.rovio.battlebay.png

Trust me I never got any star issue with fixer as people complain for, maybe because I don't use healing bolt at all.

SquashGaming likes this.
  11. Scourge Argaen

Thank you for the confirmation - selfish fixer would seem to be the most punished setup in game for a fixer when wanting stars

12. kusura bakmayin

kusura bakmayin Member

I have not read much about this since I'm not active on the forums, so apologies if this is a known observation. This is speculation on my part, but I noticed I get more stars and am ranked higher in games where I scout. I think the secret sauce gives points for making unfriends visible. In hide and seek games where I play a scouting Enforcer, I have gotten three stars even when my damage is only third best. I was playing a Mk2 Fixer up to 1600 infamy as a scout/taper and got a lot more stars than I do now, when my healing/damage are reliably over 1k/4k. The big difference is that I rarely spot unfriends now, and my star accumulation has gone way down.

13. kusura bakmayin

kusura bakmayin Member

I agree mostly with what has been said above. The Fixer is definitely not given recognition in line with its contributions in the game. I would play exclusively Fixer, as I enjoy it the most, but I mix with Enforcer because many quests and goals would be impossible or take unreasonably long with a Fixer alone. As mentioned before, Fixer contributions are largely ignored by the game, especially in the guild quest system. These should be rewarded equally so that playing Fixer is viable as an equal to the other ships.

Below are some ideas to bump Fixers and recognize their contributions outside of battle. I apologize if these have been said before, I'm not very active on the forums. I am not necessarily advocating all of these strategies be implemented, but am pointing them all out as examples of things that can be done to boost the underappreciated Fixer.

1) Quest boosting for Fixers, particularly in guilds
    a) Create new Fixer guild/weekly quests. A new "Savior" quest could use the Lifesaver battle event as a sort of inverse Ship Sinker quest. It would require saving 3 friendlies (weekly quest) or 15 friendlies (guild quest on first board). These are example numbers obviously, and must be tested for balance. Alternatively, Lifesaver could count towards Ship Sinker quests. Lifesaver should also be applied to one's own ship, if it does not already.
    b) Count self-healing towards Healing numbers. I believe self-healing is not counted because of a design concern about high level fixers milking the numbers by acting as an unsinkable damage sponge. This is ultimately an unfounded concern, since the Fixer's healing (even three tapes) is never strong enough to meaningfully absorb more damage than is coming in, particularly against Shooters and Big Torpedoes.
    c) Allow existing healing quest to appear twice in Guild quests, or increase how often they appear. The current guild quests are mostly for specific weapons, damage, stars, and victories. Except for in the case of victories, Fixers are disadvantaged in the current guild quest system because their contributions are not equally recognized, and thus they are not able to contribute as well as other ships putting out equal effort. Healing should count towards Damage Dealer guild quests (but not not Weekly Damage Dealer quests). Damage Dealer requirements should be increased as a result of this. Other ways of boosting Fixers in guild contributions should be explored.

2) New quests for yellow items. Many fixers also rely on yellow items, and boosting yellow would boost Fixers as well as Enforcers (whose contributions are also under recognized)
    a) Create a "Showstopper" quest to stun enemies for a total of 20 seconds (weekly) or 100 seconds (guild, and again test both for balance)
    b) Create a "Deep Freeze" quest to freeze enemies for 50 seconds (weekly) or 250 seconds (guild, tested for balance and points awarded regardless of whether their freezing is interrupted by damage).
    c) Create weekly/guild quests to absorb Tesla Shield damage. I don't use Tesla Shield and have no idea what numbers would be appropriate here. This would not bump Fixers, which never get two Yellow slots, but many players rely heavily on Tesla shields.

3) As mentioned above, give credit for healing in the determination of battle stars and count Duct Tape/Repair Pulse self-healing toward healing total/battle star calculation.
    4) Bump drop rate for green pieces and/or increase green item drop rate from crates. Finding green items/pieces can be incredibly difficult. Players who cannot find their desired weapon can cobble together 10 red pieces to try again very easily, and early in the game players can use alternate weapons until their desired pieces drop. Fixers are much more at the mercy of the RNG until their desired item drops.

wtfack likes this.
  14. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

it would be possible to buff boxes. 15% crit and very slow fall speed is nothing compared to a repair bolt that repairs 2 times and more quickly. But we want to get at least 3 stars. We deserve it!

15. Scourge Argaen

Good cause to introduce a +crit % chance perk for Repair Box

Mr.FixIt.Nsk and wtfack like this.
  16. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

it's cool, but it's useless.
    I think developers do not really like fixers becouse that now fixer is more profitable to go to the side of "duck tape" than to be a real healer.
    And we all know how this happens, there are already many examples.

Last edited: 11 Feb 2018
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. •BBZ• Murry¥ V

•BBZ• Murry¥ V New Member

Screenshot_20180209-221438.png Explain this one if you dare?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 11 Feb 2018
    kusura bakmayin and Kitterini like this.
  18. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

19. •BBZ• Murry¥ V

•BBZ• Murry¥ V New Member

How dose fire bomb solely give you 3 stars? Lol

20. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member