1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixer Concensus on Heal Debuffs

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Miku Da Yo 39, 10 Feb 2018.

?

Heal Debuff Items

1. Frost Blaster 50% active heal Debuff(Balanced)

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  2. Frost Blaster 50% active heal Debuff(Buff)

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Frost Blaster 50% active heal Debuff(Nerf)

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. Tesla Bolt active heal block (Balanced)

15 vote(s)
    46.9%
  5. Tesla Bolt active heal block (Buff)

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. Tesla Bolt active heal block (Nerf)

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  7. Flare Gun 30% heal Debuff (Balanced)

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  8. Flare Gun 30% heal Debuff (Buff)

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Flare Gun 30% heal Debuff (Nerf)

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  10. Flare 30% heal Debuff Stacking Bug (Need Patch)

22 vote(s)
    68.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

I make these threads whenever I want. If I want to lose I can just play shooter.

2. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

But do you want to make them more, when you go on a little losing streak ;)

3. Miku Da Yo 39

You know I voted buff on flare gun heal debuff because I use flare gun right lmao ;)

PastelPiku likes this.
  4. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    So you got to choose rather to nerf your survivalbility or damage right:D:D

Miku Da Yo 39 likes this.
  5. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

I don't see why a flare gun should be able to allow a damage buff and heal debuff at the same time. Just widens the margin excessively.

I wouldn't be meithered about it really if it wasn't for the fact that you don't see ayny weapons actively debuffing damage or healing items giving a healing buff.

Earel and wtfack like this.
  6. Mr Meaner

Mr Meaner Active Member

Did you switch up your style? Cuz last I checked your barely even considered a fixer. Your playstyle is consistent with probably less than 1% of the fixer pop. You're more of a self healer, then a fixer

7. Miku Da Yo 39

Which reflects my vote for buffing flare. Does that mean others cannot share their opinion? The poll was made for people to share any view. Should have no problem here

wtfack likes this.
  8. Mr Meaner

Mr Meaner Active Member

You're right. I apologize for unnecessarily attacking you. You have a right to voice your opinion just as much as anyone. And to be honest, I didn't pay full attention to your vote or opinion. Having reread the entire thread, I admit I was wrong which is something I don't do very often. Hope there are no hard feelings.

9. Earel

Earel Active Member

How about next suggestions:
    - while Pulse or tape active increase incoming healing by some %
    - while pulse or tape active incoming damage reduced by some %
    - add new item/rework current-one with additional mechanics like 2 above.? It’s just for discussion...

Scourge Argaen likes this.
  10. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

How about this:
    If you take any damage while burning with flare,it's duration will decrease by 3 seconds but it deals same damage instant for 3 seconds burning. Maybe %75 of it.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. Oggog

Oggog Active Member

If the heal debuff could be repaired with bolt like the tesla block can, I would think it was balanced. Since it can't, I think it is too much.

12. Miku Da Yo 39

I have in one of my other threads proposed this idea of separate timers for fire weapons. In this case for flare, it would work like this.
    When you get hit with a flare, you will have a timer on your head for the same amount of time as the burn duration, however on the screen of the player hit with the flare, they will see another timer on the bottom where the stun resistance timer usually is.
    The timer that goes in that spot is the actual burn duration timer. The timer that enemies can see on the players head is something I would like to call the "status timer". It has the same duration as the burn duration, and while it is active, all healing is reduced by 30%, in addition this timer handles the duration where you can hit a target to get the bonus fire dmg from cannons. However this timer will break on hit. In order to keep it balanced we should extend the heal debuff 30% talent to firebomb as well.

Earel and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  13. Slider-82

Slider-82 New Member

The debuff alone I do not have a problem with, however allowing it to stack is to much. I run pulse and 2 bolts and since the update the amount of people running flare has skyrocketed, one flare on a friendly I can work around but I've seen defenders with multiple stacks on them and there is nothing I can do to help.

kusura bakmayin and Jennyfur3810 like this.
  14. Miku Da Yo 39

Yeah recently, the flare game is so strong that fixers are having a hard time hitting decent heal numbers. Let alone when the fixers themselves are hit with the flare their healing goes from like 50 HP/sec to below 10hp/sec. Bolts are now healing only a few Hundreds instead of the usual 1k+ and boxes are healing just a few hundred. This update brought about one of the biggest nerfs in fixer history. Not to mention bandages don't work effectively either and to top it all off, stunned targets are unhealable unless by bolt with talent. Crazy bay, ruled by the shooters.

15. Jennyfur3810

Jennyfur3810 Active Member

I hope you know this isn’t going to get attention unless someone who spends crazy amount of money says something.

16. enotSenO

enotSenO Active Member

P.S. I think people recognize you because notoriety not reputation.

17. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

If that's really a developing meta then yeah, something is wrong.

I occasionally see a boat with 3 or 4 bun symbols on it. Usually several of those are fire bomb. That's why I was originally not very worried about the stacking. But if that effect is powerful enough that "people running flare has skyrocketed" then clearly it is game breaking. The logical conclusion of that trend would be making fixers utterly ineffective.

18. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I never saw any player running more than one flare gun... If it is so OP, why are there so few flare gun spammers? I see a lot of double snipers, blast cannons, standard cannons, fire bombs, etc.

19. kusura bakmayin

kusura bakmayin Member

I feel the mechanics of individual weapons are secondary to good team movement, positioning, and communication. There is almost no strategy that lacks an effective counter strategy (except maybe torpedo spamming), and if you continuously encounter a given strategy that is giving you trouble, change the way you're playing and you can probably negate or minimize it.

As a double bolt fixer who stays off the front lines, I don't see flares as a huge problem at my current infamy levels (1700-2300). I don't have the remove stun talent yet, and I'm starting to see stun bolt's heal block show up a lot more. That heal blocking can really impact my numbers, but a 30% reduction is not usually enough to change the outcome. I haven't seen much flare stacking, so I can't comment on that. If that's the case, it would be a very powerful mechanic.

There should be an effective counter strategy for every strategy, and flares as they exist now effectively limit healing without crushing it. Flare users also sacrifice the use of a different weapon. Flares are slow firing short range weapons that only make sense in combination with another weapon. The risk in using flares is high due to the close range nature of the weapon, which balances out its power. Of course flares give a huge advantage in a 3v1, but if you're getting dog piled like that regularly, your play style is too aggressive. You are probably rushing into battle without your team and/or aren't paying enough attention to your surroundings.

I had forgotten that frost blaster has a heal debuff. Frost weapons have been nerfed so badly that I almost never see them, and when I do I usually laugh. I skipped the remove frost talent in Feelix because 3% health is useful every single battle, but I see frost about once every 10 games. Frost items definitely need to be buffed, because the entire mechanic is severely broken right now. 100% heal blocking with a counter that ran independently of the slowdown timer (like how stun bolt works) would make the frost launcher a viable weapon again.

20. Mr Meaner

Mr Meaner Active Member

You are too low. Most at your infamy haven't unlocked burnice 21 yet. It can be a gamechanger, but is not op. You have to get fairly close to use it. I rarely see anyone using more than one flare. It takes a lot of practice to get good with.

I don't wanna see my baby get nerfed, but I guess the stacking could be eliminated without me crying too much. The gun does function as it was designed.

kusura bakmayin likes this.