1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 2.7 "Custom Battles"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 19 Dec 2017.

1. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

With the random system it was all about luck stopping anyone getting to over powered to fast. Yes you got pay to play players that spend x amount of thousands of $ playing the game but it was still luck. I pay to play but don't spend stupid money on the game. I'll occasionally spend £10 that's around $15 USD. But now it's a case of oh forget the random system and just buy the weapons you want. They may as well just let you buy multiple items in the market. Yep just forget the random system altogether and let you just buy 5 epic rail guns from the market on the day you first start the game

2. +Mr.FoxTrot+ [SCAR]

+Mr.FoxTrot+ [SCAR] Member

What if y'all increase the amount defence perks give. Or change them to a percentage or something. Like 25% max from perks + ships own %.. I mean, they hardly ever used. Just a suggestion

Olibooger likes this.
  3. Rahul :) :)

Rahul :) :) New Member

we cant see the damage details of weapons equipped in other players ..as i had always wanted to know my guildmates regarding their weapons and also if possible pls solve one bug which appears in friend chat...as friend chat goes blank and i cant see my friends whether they r offline or online so i need to restart the game and then it becomes normal..ty

4. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Def. perks clearly needs a rewamp. Right now their only role is to make an already mediocre weapon (Carronade) worse. A change to % is a great start, alternately change them into something that adds protection against stuns/frost and/or burn duration.

5. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

Ok with the introduction of offers you killed the game. Yes when you first start you get the turbo offer but now your ramdom upgrade system to stop player's getting to OP to fast is stupid. Now you can just buy things and we are still getting floaters. How about a weeks ban plus lossing guild tokens for anyone reported 5 times in a week

6. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Some of the offers are good, and if you dont want to buy them, just move along and pass them up.
    As for whales buying items, this is never going to change, and very common in most freemium games, thats where they make the money to cover the game costs so we can continue playing.
    As for auto banning anyone with 5 reports in a week, autobans are risky as people make false reports or jump to conclusions all the time.
    To put it in perspective, I am in your game, and the battle starts, and a phonecall comes in.
    I have my phone call and then try and log back into the game to find myself banned! Why? Because 5 people from the game we just played reported me for floating.
    Sound fair? Oh and to put some icing on the cake I should forfeit my guild tokens too?

7. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

Yes I get freemium. I'm not 5 years old but the game was always based on a luck LVL system. With the introduction of offers all that has gone. All the pay to play players (of whch I'm one! Just VIP) fell cheated. You put all your money in to getting stronger but now you can just buy items you want. Why not just make all items available from the get go and screw the random system. There already screwing it anyway so why not just forgot it altogether. Oh and yes I thought about the ban, I've had calls in game making me AFK but 5 reports in a week seems reasonable to me and the delvs can check fauls reported players so this argument is kind of mute

8. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

You start off by saying that you are not a P2P player, and the old system required luck and now you can just buy all the items you want.
    Then you go onto request all items are available to buy from the off, and to do away with the luck system completely?
    If you do not spend money in this game, then surely the system in place is better for you now as you can still rely on luck not money for your parts?

Regarding the bans, devs do already check the reports and then act if they find something fishy.

9. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

Where did I say I'm not a p2p? I clearly state I'm a p2p. In regards to the weapons. Why have a random system if at 2k infamy you will get schooled by an mk3 with all LVL 40 rare weapons and 100 games played with 100 games won. They clearly messed up.
    Do you actually play this game or just comment cos after the offer system it was like I was a noob again. Been playing from the world release and it'
    Pretty much 50% win' lose no OP players. They even stopped people dropping infamy for easy wins. Now how is letting players buy OP weapons any different from dropping infamy?. I call B.S. worked my A'SS off to get where I I'm then mk3s are pretty much dominating at 2k. Mk3 should be 1k 1.5k at bast

10. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Calm down, I am trying to have a sensible discussion with you to understand your concerns, I am not "getting at you" by any means.
    From your original post it looked like you was trying to say you wasn't a P2P, and just bought VIP, so apologies if I misinterpreted that.
    I am yet to see any MK3 with all level 40 items, and 100% win rate, do you have an example / screenshot?
    If you have been playing since launch and are getting dominated by MK3s then something is clearly wrong.
    I have only been playing for 4 or 5 months now, and I am taking on MK5s with no problem at all, and I dont have any level 40 weapons.
    Maybe these players you are facing actually are experienced players, and have built up their items and trained their crew well, but have swapped to a lower MK ship for a guild quest, and still have the powerful weapons they used to reach 2000 infamy? If a MK3 is good enough to reach 2000 infamy, he needs a pat on the back as that is very hard to do, he shouldn't be punished for defying the usual statistics IMO.

11. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

Ok 100% was stretching it just trying to make a point. Yes I get that there are genuin good player (I personally got schooled by a fixer when using my defender) he was half heath I was full and had 2 bandages. Actually a very good player with mad skills. He was top on damage and still fixed 8k. As I said awesome player. Yes there are really good players. I'm still seeing infamy droppers. I had an ace league 2 at 1400 infamy. Still seeing floaters. As I said 5 reports in 1 week is reasonable. I played xbox games and any AFK will get you a 2 hour cooldown (can't play for 2 hours) delvs can check any fault reports of AFK aka floaters. As for a screen shot I'm in the middle of checking my battle log. I have over 60k+ battles so it's going to take time to find a good example. (Over 500 battles since the update and introduce of offers)

Ash KOT likes this.
  12. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

How about this totally B.S speeder
    (Pics deleted. Reason: Namecalling)

Last edited by a moderator: 25 Jan 2018
  13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Did you fight him? And no namecalling, I 'm deleting those images.

Guys, random mk5 speeder, ballpark mortar, sniper cannon and rudder(legendary), rare t2 tesbolt, rare t4 OB and epic t3 turbo, 1.8k infamy

14. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

Yes I did fight him. He only had an mk5 speeder everything else was below mk3. 2 shot killed me in an mk5 shooter with LVL 25 epic big shield. Only had speeder setup. But I'm guessing he has alot more legendary than that. Also I apologise for using B.S in my post.

Edit. I would also like to mention I had 52 defence but I guess 2 critical hits from a legendary sniper will kind of make that I bit mute lol

Last edited: 25 Jan 2018
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

Usually, dudes like this person are put into our matches. The only reason you're fighting him is because he has a mk5. Also a mk5 shooter cannot be twoshot in one of his weapon rotations, even if said shooter was AFK and got "bullseyed"

16. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

Ok bro/ sweet ( i have no idea of your gender) question, how do I report lagging. Players that lag on purpose to win games. I have a game in point with a lagger. 4 kills hardly taking damage. I can motion capture the reply from both sides if you want. I only did damage when I got up close and personal with my carronade my LVL 36 fire bomb (56 damage I think) was doing 1 damage every 3 seconds but the guy was jumping like he had nitro.

17. TheAntiSnipe

Well, um, you can't really report lag xD. Misusing lag is something most of us with bad internet will do. From literally leading shots while compensating for lag to deliberately running trinitro, I've seen it all.

18. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

Oh by the way I'm on to you and the fixed games. 50% ish win or lose for every player. Bit strange don't you think... hmmm then I actually thought about it. You infamy lock players so they can't pass a certain point unless they upgrade. Want to know how I know this. Cos I'm at 1400 infamy and still kick butt at 2000. Strange how everyone I've spoken to hos lost infamy since the update. Dropped anything from 200 to 1k infamy after the introduction of offers to get you stronger. Why don't you stop fixing games. Making impossible to beat enemys and let people play the game. Why fix games. Oh by the way I'm screen shootng this so if it's taken down I have prof that I will slam on YouTube for all to see

Trust me on this. If you flip a coin 100 times. The chance it will land on heads is always going to be 50%. If you get 100 people to flip one coin the chance is still 50% but it you got 100 poeple to flip 100 coins it's 50% but a statistically impossible that every person will get heads 50% of the time but for some unknown reason every player on this game has a 50% win lose factor. I will say slightly above cos you have to win to move up

Players Like this post it you feel the same

Last edited: 28 Jan 2018
  19. TheAntiSnipe

My friend, you're mistaken on two counts. One, MVPs do not work for Rovio. Two, when I said "I've seen it all", I meant that I've seen players pull off crazy fights even under lag.
    Oh, and PS: My ratio is 51%. How 'bout that?

20. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

Yes everybody has a 51% ratio and this is my point!!!
    You ever see a player at say 60% maybe 70%........ Nope
    Want to know why...... game fixing.
    Yes you will get a game with a floater. I get that. You will get a game where the other team is honestly better. I get that
    What I don't get is the statistical inpossabilaty of every player having 51% to about 55% win /lost.
    now bro I'm in my 40s. I was raised gaming from at early age. ( by my grandma) yep she kicked butt on Atari. (Her games where frost bite and pack-man) she got to levels beyond you and me. In today's stranded she would be a pro gamer
    But let's look at the stats now. Every game I've played live has bad players. Average players. Good players. Then you get the elite players that Stand above everyone. (I stand in the averge to good category)
    Now hear is the thing. I've fleeted with players 800 infamy better than me. I still get my same place. ( I should be the weak player but no. Not by the slightest).
    As I keep saying 50% ISH for every player ( ish = around. ) Is actually impossible. I mean it's iltraly impossible unless the game is fixed

Last edited: 29 Jan 2018