1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Max Cooldown or...?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Netsa, 27 May 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

I just saw a guy who I'm pretty sure was hacking. In an ~1100 infamy match, a guy in a Mk4 Speeder zoomed across the map and one-shot most of the enemy team with a legendary Big Torpedo. I'm willing to believe he reached that side of the map that fast, maybe he was stacking legendary Turbos and Overboosts. However, he fired the torpedo 3 times in a very short span of time, less than 15 seconds. One-shot one guy, one-shot three guys at once, and then one-shot the last guy.

He's on a Speeder, so he couldn't have had two Big Torpedos on at the same time, it costs 2. It also has a base cooldown of 13.3 seconds so he couldn't be firing it nearly that fast without buffs of some kind. I'm not totally familiar with the crew tree or available mods, but... I'm pretty sure what he did isn't possible. Is it?

2. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

Tri-torpedoes fires 3 torps at once, which could have possibly been what you were seeing. But if you're sure it was single torpedoes being fired, then yes he's hacking.

3. ToddTHY

ToddTHY Member

Doesn't have to be a hacker though, a super money player can do this.

4. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

If what Netsa says is true, then there is no way any amount of perks or training could let you fire off 3 big torps in less than 15 seconds. Why don't more people believe there are hackers in this game? There was a post a few days ago that literally showed how to get speed hacks.

5. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

I saw the kill ticker. That's how I know it was a legendary, it shows the weapon used when someone gets a kill. It was definitely a Big Torpedo. Not only that, but the way a Triple Torpedo fires would hit everyone at about the same time, not in 5-ish second interveals. Plus, even a maxed out Legendary Triple can't kill anyone at that infamy level in a single hit.
    Money doesn't grant special powers. That's why I'm asking if there's an actual combination of skills somewhere in the game that can give a Torpedo a Cannon's cooldown.

dikshift likes this.
  6. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Please provide some proof of this. There are no hacks which would allow players to have items which they don't deserve because it's all server side. Also, cooldowns are server side controlled too which means they can not be hacked either.

The reason why talking about hacks on the forums is not allowed is that it just makes people paranoid and they start seeing hacks everywhere. If you see somebody doing something suspicious, please report them to us as support@rovio.com and we'll investigate.

Closing the thread.

SCOOTY PUFF Jr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.