1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Play style and builds

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by CheekyDevilGod, 19 Aug 2017.

1. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Yeahp and I got permission from the founder to use it here. I will be posting 2 such styles as a matter of fact.

Hope it's of help.

2. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    How about this, Long range speeder. Sniper+RG+OB+Nitro+Frost launcher+Bandage+Turbo+Big Shield.

3. CheekyDevilGod

Your build is something that can only be used by mk5s and mk6s. And if you don't play speeder close range then it has no use for it's speed. Have you actually tried this build or seen somebody rock this?.

I tried speeder with dual sniper and it functioned less favourably than close range speeder.

4. The Otherguy

Tech support
    I know, Its not a very viable option for low mks. And Ive seen a speeder dominate, and with the help of a healer, take a match from 3 unfriends (shooter) to none. He had a legendary RG+cannon+OB+ not sure.
    (He was mk4, and did like...9000 dmg)

5. CheekyDevilGod

Are you sure that had nothing to do with the fact that he had a legendary railgun?.

But if you are gonna play long range speeder then I'll recommend freeze blaster, has infinite range, 50 projectile speed.

Speeder has poop turret agility so I recommend you use a rudder instead and aim with the nose of your ship rather than your turret.

Be warned, you can almost always be certain that combat will get as close as 5 range. But no guarantee that you can stay some 40 units away from the combat all the time.

If enemy team has a speeder or enforcer, they will hunt you down the second they realise you run a long range dmg build.

6. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

I've played with speeders that are very effective with sniper cannon, Joey Who uses two.
    Playing close or far is a function of which weapons you can make hit reliably IMO.
    Im best at leading mortars and grenades so I stick with them, I had a blast cannon I got frustrated with and missed 50% of the time, I tried torpedo but wasn't good at setting them up either.

So mortars brought me up in infamy quickest. I can use shooter and try to stay hidden, a speeder pull up fire two off maybe after freezing then speed away and reposition, or defender and just build up shield defense and take shot for shot

7. CheekyDevilGod

I suppose long range speeder is an actual thing after all.

The Otherguy likes this.
  8. BasedCarpen

Indeed, I just began using mk4 speeder today. I started with shooter and then became good at fixer so now three ships at mk4 currently Screenshot_2017-08-22-14-27-41.png

CheekyDevilGod and The Otherguy like this.
  9. BasedCarpen

Just to verify this is a good setup for me anyway, I made that post three days ago and you can see my infamy averaging around 1000, and today I hit a new high Screenshot_2017-08-25-03-01-00.png

disorder likes this.
  10. BasedCarpen

I have

Attached Files:

11. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Oh @Sewah ...

12. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

I play full mortar and it's just awesome. I play mk4 shooter with a lv30R standard mortar, lv30R ballpark, lv20E ballpark and lv10E BB and I'm more than able to face mk5 and mk6 ships with much higher wapon level than me.

I think the key to become a pro with mortars is to not only try to deal the most amount of damage possible (good aim), but to try to deal the most amount of damage possible while doing crowd control. It's more important to maintain the enemy ships in a open area than to try to deal the maximum damage possible. At the end you end un dealing more damage during time than by critic shots.

Also you have to also be skilled driving and know very well the map. You need to know all the places where to can take cover. In my opinion, for the mortar strategy it's much more important speed than defense, but some people think differently. More speed requires more skills so that depends on the players playing style.

13. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I play every ship except enforcer.
    For shooter: One mortar (big berta or long range preferred), two blasts, one std cannon, and one ex cannon. Big shield and turbo are a must have.
    Defender: Usually close range, so use cannons. I use ex cannon, blast, and std cannon. Big shield, std shield, turbo (must have), and bandage
    Speeder: anything goes (try not to use mortars). Use a big shield and turbo (you need the heath cuz speeder has no defense). Stun and overdrive are pretty good.
    Enfo: Idk
    Fixer: One repair pulse, either two repair bolts or one repair bolt and one repair box thing. Turbo and std shield. Speed items are good for yellow slot.

The Otherguy likes this.
  14. The Otherguy

Tech support
    If you have so many cannons, standard cannon is unnecessary. (wasted potential, as by the time you cycle through your weapons, it will have been off cooldown for 4ish seconds.)
    It's usually good to have a long-range weapon too. Sniper works very well.
    Aye, speeder is very versatile.
    Depends on the playstyle. Flare+2Blast+Tesla Shield+OB+Standard Shield+Bandage is a good brawler setup. The highest infamy ever archived (that I know of) with a mk5 enfo was over 4100 by
    @S. Vinciguerra using flare+2sniper+tesla shield+OB+Standard Shield+Bandage (Not sure about the blue)
    Spot on. ;) Though Sewah and Miku da yo would argue. :D

15. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I play this type... I call it a knife fighter. Antisnipe calls it a brawler. Overall it's a really twitchy sort of play experience and can be really disorienting but I've always liked combat situations where you have to just *react* and do it right. I have no idea if this is still feasible at higher infamies. I've played it up to 1250 or so but by then I was so under-powered compared to my targets that it was hopeless. I played it from the beginning. I swapped between turbo/bandage, turbo/turbo, and turbo/shield depending on the strength of my enemies. I can't even imagine how I'd allocate space for rudder and lube. Boat management needs to take care of that.

I suppose it is risky... especially compared to sitting on the sidelines and lobbing whatever at the enemy. But I find it more rewarding. In terms of being effective, I'm a lot like a speeder in that. When I do it right I'm devastating. It doesn't take too many mistakes to turn me into a floating shipwreck though. If I judge by the infamy levels I achieve and the enemies I fight I'd guess I'm doing better than most.

By far the most critical skill is boat management. You need to be able to steer your boat thinking well in advance rather than in the moment. If you get caught on a wall you're dead. If you drive in front of 3 enemy turrets you're dead, etc. I need to get a LOT better at "living in the future".

The Otherguy likes this.
  16. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

The Otherguy likes this.
  17. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Shooter is actually the best choice for a mine since you still have 4 other weapon slots to use. Enforcer is fine, too, since you have 2 weapons. Maybe fixer, since they're not all about offense? Not sure about defender, but I don't recommend one for a speeder since it leaves you with only one slot for a direct damaging weapon.

Also, no ship should use more than 1 mine. You're especially out of luck if your enemies are smart enough to spot the mines. Having 1 is plenty as long as you know where to put them.

18. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I play the "close range shooter", it's very effective (first or second by damage in team in every battle)

Last edited: 10 Feb 2018
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Same, works wonders when playing defense. I just follow the fixer around and take out speeders.

20. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I love running around with the "knife fighters", because they can bounce off my flare and help me take out the more armored targets.