1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How long will BB last?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Olibooger, 12 Jan 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olibooger

Olibooger Active Member

Freelance Bum
    With as much discontent there is with the gambling feature, known regulated win loss ratios and unheard voices from " us " who make " them " them, how long will this game last?
    Uncountable/unmentionable names who provided the base for the game have extinguished their wallet due to Rovios' foul economic gamer consumer ingestion.
    With more updates digging deeper into the minds and wallets of us all, how long will this fantastic (in game[battle]) game last??
    Outside of battle this game is terrible is why I outline " in game " and " battle"

So, what is your opinion? How long? And will your voice be heard?

I know my voice hasnt, the rovio greed has, and does. Create a new map, entire new features, but no new weapons, new captains and no new tiers.

2. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    It'll probably last a few years, as there are still thousands of players. Most high level players usually stick around, so it might be harder for new players to get started.
    Idk though!

3. Olibooger

Olibooger Active Member

Freelance Bum
    Sadly, the juvenile players feed into the apparition of " you could be like the top ten " when in reality it will and is not possible.

4. nuoni

nuoni Member

The moment someone makes a clone

5. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    Once a better game comes out (Paladins Mobile) BB is going bye-bye. At least for me.

Riddlerpaji likes this.
  6. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I'm worried that some people think it's only going to last "a few years". I'm relatively new to Rovio games (Battle Bay was their first game to me) so I don't really know how they have treated their old games in the past, when they get - you know - older.. But I have read an article somewhere where it was stated that the main focus while creating Battle Bay was to specifically create a game that people can keep playing for years. And by that I mean more like 5 to 10 (or even more) rather than just 1-2 years.

And if you think about it, I think this game has good potential to reach that goal. Yes, definitely certain things need to be addressed to keep the game fresh and healthy but if they take all the feedback seriously I don't see why they couldn't make the right turns and keep this game alive for a long, long time.

By the way, would love to hear an official dev team reply to this thread. :)

7. DoktorTeeth

DoktorTeeth Member

Possibly.

it shares a lot of features with other long-running games, such as Quake3Arena (which still has a loyal player base, even though it's going on 20 years old now):
    • short match time
      • allows for it to be played when there's not enough time to play other games. perfect for mobile use.
    • very simple
      • great for when you just want to unwind.
      • don't have to think too deep about anything
    • has depth beneath the otherwise simplicity of its design
      • there's room to grow. yes, you can play mindlessly if you want, and just blow of steam but, you can also get into the strategy
    • unique
      • while there's some ship games, there's none like this really
    • arena shooter
      • all of the top games are arena shooters.

Elena Kr and _devill like this.
  8. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

[Citation Needed]

A55A51N and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  9. DoktorTeeth

DoktorTeeth Member

What needs work to make it happen:
    • it needs a solid income
    • it needs to shed the pay-to-win system
      • pay-to-win isn't good for building a long term dedicated player base.
      • pay-to-win will always have s ceiling beyond which you can't advance any further
      • pay-to-win will always drive away players. Games need players.
    • needs a better skill rating system. I like the IDEA of infamy, but the execution just doesn't hold up to reality
    • it needs a steady stream of new content, to keep the core players interested.
      • at present, the way it's set up, the avenues for expansion are pretty limited
      • you can add new crew, talents, items, perks to the talent tree
      • but the ships are limited.

10. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

This all seems overly negative. If you are discontented with the game, then there are plenty of other games. However, it would be a mistake to assume that everyone shares your feelings, or that your attitude is representative of a wider consensus.

I don’t think there is any danger of the game ‘dying’. I imagine it will keep going until we all decide to stop using smart phones.

11. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

I already switched to other games. I used to play like 100 games a day around 1000 infamy. Then at 2000 infamy 30 games a day. Now at 3k+ infamy 3-5 games a day.
    This game gets stagnant after a point. Maybe the game is too new to make any comments on it but still it has so many issues unaddressed which makes certain group of players very unhappy.
    I used to love this game very much, not anymore. Vainglory is way better than BB.

12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Vainglory is really fun. Amen to that. The only reason I stopped playing VG is because I get a bad ping. BB has the potential to cross VG, but it is still lower in rank to VG, for me at least. Because VG has that crazy depth and that awesome competitive scene, along with those skins. Also, VG allows ANY player to be world No. 1. The skins are the only things that are paid. SEMC made THE best mobile competitive game. Everyone else should take notes.

Oh, and I used to main a support(Adagio) in VG. The rewards were off the hook, though I played the "Healing Angel" build, dragonheart and everything. I almost never scored kills, but still used to be MVP. BB needs to re-evaluate that as well. Supports hold the team together, and deserve the stars.

13. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Crystal Power build adagio but its changed now after 2.10 update now Adagio is Weapon Power and strict counter to Vox.
    Besides SEMC has best mechanics like they insta ban afk players, deserters etc. A completely F2P player and get all heros to play because of rotation mechanism. There are lot of other better things and it was only 3v3 not 5v5 untill this year. VG is turning 5v5 in February globally.
    And bad ping means weak connection lol you get that on BB too.

Edit: And if bug is reported in VG by any player its taken care of like in 24 hrs or at least they communicate its bug or not or anything similar not just empty words like 'looking into it and coming back soon'.

Last edited: 13 Jan 2018
  14. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

15. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

You know, dressing up idiocy in impressive sounding words doesn't really change whether or not it's idiocy.

Of COURSE the system regulates your win/loss. It does so by raising your infamy until you start to lose. If you lose too much, your infamy falls. In the end, you win roughly half the time. Some people might call this a "match making system". I grant that the system, as it stands, is borked. But calling it a "regulated win loss ratio" is ridiculous.

ThatOnion, A55A51N and vis1234567899 like this.
  16. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Lol BB might go on for a long time but most players like u or me wont play for more than a year or two as by then we would have moved onto new games.

Olibooger likes this.
  17. Olibooger

Olibooger Active Member

Freelance Bum
    I feel bad for you if you think those are fancy words.
    I have a college level education and the verbage I used wasnt even close to an elevated written thought process.

Don't be foolish. Go read a book that perpetuates you out of your adolescence.
    Itll serve you well. Guaranteed.

Last edited: 13 Jan 2018
    vis1234567899 likes this.
  18. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

I'm just gonna press that ignore button on your profile. I'm tired of your comments.

A55A51N and Olibooger like this.
  19. Olibooger

Olibooger Active Member

Freelance Bum
    You have a choice to open this thread and read it on your own.
    I hate going to the bar but I still go to the bar and complain about it?
    Genius. Absolutely genius.

20. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Hope it lasts forever. I love this game

Olibooger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.