1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamy manipulation spoils the fun for most

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by kylek33, 7 Apr 2017.

1. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

I am just curious how much you play the more you play the more you gain infamy till you hit the max you can go. I play for about an hour and a half every day gains you a ton of infamy if you win most of the time. So I am interested in knowing how much you play on your smaller accounts cause if not very much your infamy will never go over you power.

2. Miika

Miika Game Lead

It varies quite a lot from dev to dev, some of us might play even more on their alt accounts and the main account is on hold

3. TheEpicWarlord

Okay cool ;)

4. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

You've never seen Miika and Blacktail online at the same time. I'm just sayin...

Splash0rboy3000 and Felipowski like this.
  5. Miika

Miika Game Lead

I have been schooled by blacktail so many times that it still hurts so I have to respectfully disagree with you on that one. :)
    Besides, if I would be playing that much we would be still waiting for version 1.2... ;)

6. HELLRAZOR

HELLRAZOR Well-Known Member

If damage doesn't matter that much towards infamy unless you have a win as a team, then why is it the most rewarded, even with little or no kills while getting more stars with better rewards ?

7. Pewpewdie

Pewpewdie Member

Rape.

Attached Files:

8. HELLRAZOR

Even the players that didn't really contribute gained more infamy. Just not fair

Now new season has started & whilst playing with friends that are on the same level or similar give & take, i'm finding that I haven't lost a battle yet & it seems more balanced while enjoying a battle where we all contribute. With this thought in mind & if every player finds it as challenging or evenly matched this way, I believe a proposal in changing the way infamy is collected (won't happen) & to be used for match ups as I find it a better balanced game if I battle players my own level. Players with a level or experience lower than mine (not all) i seem to find they drag me down the infamy chain. With this theory & whilst i used it in practical, I definitely know it's not due to my style of boat rage, taking in water while getting sea sick on those metre high waves or even due to my targeting & evasive performance, it's how infamy is calculated & how battles are set that wouldn't let me go up the infamy chain. I guess it's luck at times as it's only a game, but you can't write algorithms on luck.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: 7 Jun 2017
  9. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

I you think other players are the long term deciding factor for your infamy then you need a reality check.

You are the only constant across all battles, sure there are bad streaks, but over 1k battles your skills and playstyle will get you to whatever infamy you belong at.

P0rthos likes this.
  10. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    @Kitterini that is exactly my situation, with my defender mk5 i can't pass 2800 infamy, i'm mostly around 2500-2600 because the unfairness of matchmaking, plus the fact you can't get enough of the same objects to upgrade them to higher levels, and of course i get destroyed often by 3500+ oponents. It is very frustrating... I've being around there for quite a while and just can't move forward.

@Miika listen to your conscience, deep down you know this situation can be better. So many people can't be wrong, please take action to keep it being a great game. By the way, congratulations, it is an awesome game, very adictive.

11. Miika

Miika Game Lead

I feel the urge the link this here once again: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/elo-hell :)

A lot can be argued about the matchmaking, especially on the feeling side of the experience but fairness is not one of those topics. Everybody has what they deserve and if you think anything else it pretty much falls into the pitfall mentioned in the linked article. You might be thrown into difficult battles every now and then, but so is every one else also.

12. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    @Miika You should say every now and often... In most of my battles i'm at the lowest level against super-equiped high level oponents or i'm at the highest with a weak team. Only when i'm at the middle have chances, but that is rare. Anyway, in every battle i do my best, but it just isn't enough, therefore my frustration.

I kind of deal with the problem teaming with higher experienced mates, but they aren't always available and doesn't feel right to depend on them. Just wish i had better luck obtaining more of the same items, to evolve and have better chances against those monsters.

I suppose that is what i deserve...

Last edited: 26 Apr 2017
  13. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

@Helius - This seems to happen down the ladder as well. Just for reference I'm an MK3 Fixer at 1700. It seems like most of my battles I'm either the highest with 4 other 1200 players or the lowest with 4 other 18-2300 players. My 1500 hp was literally just one shot by a t2(3?) epic big torpedo multiple times today.

14. HELLRAZOR

Miika it has nothing to do with the way we play as when I teamed up with Moist Goat, we won tons of battles & the ones we lost were mainly due to inactive players hiding or not fighting back but running away which ends up being 5 vs 4 whilst they get in the way of your attack as it's wasted.

15. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

The point Miika is making is EVERYONE deals with these issues. The people that have higher infamy are more skilled, have better boats and items, or both.

16. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Infamy Manipulation may be the only way to deal with the current item/weapon/shop system. I'm considering adopting this method to help progression(or lack there of) to reduce amount of time necessary to complete a battle, gain stars, gain resources, gain quests and achievements necessary for me to upgrade my items. Throwing games takes a lot less effort than trying to win games that are too challenging especially when the matchmaking isn't perfect. Even if you win, the returns are small with 1 star output when you're near your peak infamy. I currently top out at 2300 infamy, but I think about half my top infamy may make the game a lot easier to progress in this game.

which means...

Right now, infamy means little to me at this moment , since the number is calculated on the games won based on who you played with. You can be a great player, but no teamwork usually means a loss. So I rather take my current weapons where they could overpower others and club seals enough so that I can progress... survival of the fittest. 2 to 3 star gains give out the most resources and pearls. Sad but the honest truth.

I think beyond 3000 is where infamy starts to mean something, but for 90% of the players we're not there yet.

There's nothing fun with grinding, and that's what the levelling system is in Battle Bay as it currently stands.

Bump. I'm probably going to get shot. But i think dropping infamy with little effort and earning stars and resources with 3 star low infamy performances will be the ticket to higher returns and basically the best farming tactic. Since this game lacks teamplay in proper methods, then getting better by getting more resources is the better path than trying to be a team player with random teammates.

And hey, it's actually fun overpowering other players, you get the feel of what the top players do on a daily basis.

Game is also relentless at dropping anything valuable through the freemium aspect, the only way is to exploit the system. Other players will hate you, maybe, but what can they do? Nothing, it's not illegal.

17. TheEpicWarlord

Is seal clubbing grounds for kicking a player from the game cause I am sick of SO MANY people doing that.

18. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

The truth of the matter seems to be that once we reach about 2500 Infamy, we are being lumped into the bottom of nightmare matches more than with players of our own grading... Dropping infamy to farm resources is currently the ONLY way to farm resources. Because even going into 100 battles a day doesn't give rewards enough to level 1 tier 3 or 4 rare item more than once. This is what? 20 damage maybe Inna weapon? And literally 1 or 2 points of health on a fixers pulse.. and the cost goes up exponentially, which means two or three hundred matches for the next level, and so on and so forth. it doesn't help us become more competitive. At the lower levels (below 2500 Infamy) leveling is so important, yet so hard. For the top players with tier 5 items... What do you have to be scared of? Once your items are maxed, it becomes JUST a game of skill. If you want more people to compete with, then people need to be able to get there. Why all w down the newer players progress with intentionally making item upgrades so expensive? It just seems counter productive. You all say it took a year to get where you are? But where exactly ARE you? On top of a mountain where no-one can even contest your superiority... Wouldn't you rather have people to give you a challenge? Because the way things stand... You're gonna remain lonely up three, playing the same 50 or 100 players.. with a few new cannon fodder thrown in for shits and giggles... Just my humble opinion...

19. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

You think that's bad? Try 2600 infamy where you go up against 3.5k+ with max epics and legendaries. Real Fun stuff. It's not seal clubbing anymore, it's like being squashed like an ant.

One crucial thing the people that started one year ago fail to realize is that, that's when the game truly started. There weren't as many players dropping money aka whales that would make your lives more difficult to farm an progress. So people were all climbing that mountain together without other people ontop pushing you down. Only place to go was up without much resistance. Totally different today.

I remember seeing a few players do this and i heard they end up getting banned. Is it against ToS?

David Bonaparte and Mr squiqqle like this.
  20. TheEpicWarlord

I still get squashed like an ant it is just like low level gear against medium instead of medium against high.