1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Explosive Cannon - Crit Chance

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Trisen, 5 Aug 2017.

1. Trisen

Trisen New Member

Hello Everyone
    I'm just wondering if Crit Chance % is work on Explosive Cannon, this stat is missing in description but we can fit the Cannon Critical Hit Chance pert which is supported on this cannon.

l3lacknight1 and The Otherguy like this.
  2. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you're trying to ask. But crit % chance/damage works on explosive canon as well... However, I'd advise against using perks like that on explosive canon, just add damage perks for explosive canon.

3. Bertinator

Bertinator New Member

if crit damage works on explosive cannon, should appear in its stats aswell? does not male any sense to have crit chance but this data be missing on the stats.

Option 1: crit chance appears in the stats like the other weapons with crit chance
    Option 2: remove crit damage from this weapon to make sense with the stats

actual situation is not logic.

l3lacknight1 likes this.
  4. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    The chance to crit is there, it's just that the pop-up doesn't show it. But i'd suggest going for burning perks anyways

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

Never go crit for ex cannon. Burning damage or regular damage

The Otherguy likes this.
  6. LotharusMaximus

LotharusMaximus Well-Known Member

The problem is that the only Crit perks that work for all cannons are a low %. I have 2 Rare 3% Crit perks on my Blast (also works on Explosive, Sniper, Regular) which only brings it up to 7%. Starting at 1% negates the usefulness of it Unlike the Sniper which starts at a much higher % (10%) and has its own perks as well. Seems like a waste but it sure is satisfying to see the 1400! :eek: pop up when my Blast does crit. Usually sends the unfriend running the other way.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  7. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Yep all cannon crit perks are garbage. I hope the devs will adjust them at some point.

- Oskar - and The Otherguy like this.
  8. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

Actually I kinda like the crit on my blast cannon. I have been kinda unlucky with perks over the months - burn damage would be my favourite epic cannon perks but I "only" got 2x epic crit perk (4,5%crit each), 1x rare crit perk (3%), and 1x rare fire damage perk so my blast cannon's crit is at 13% (1% is base stat) and there is nearly no better feeling than a 2k damage crit

But yes if I had the choice I'd choose fire damage > (just) damage > crit chance on perks

9. BlazeD 24/7

BlazeD 24/7 New Member

Does anyone know if x cannons crit starts at 1%? I just assume it does but not sure

l3lacknight1 likes this.
  10. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I run crit perks on both my Blast Cannon, and Ex Cannon. I can’t see the crit chance on ExC, but I definitely see it crit fairly often. The chance seems to be about the same as BC, so I assume it starts at 1%.

84077FEE-E6AF-4FE6-945B-B12CB166B26A.png

The Afenogaster likes this.
  11. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Unless I'm mistaken, all cannons (except Sniper) have an (invisible) 1% base crit chance, so just add your perks to find out the chance.

I'd agree with the general sentiment of burning damage > base damage > crit chance for cannons in general, but it's going to depend on how often you find yourself shooting a burning target. Obviously if you're bringing your own Flare Gun or Firebomb to the party, use burning damage, but in your case you're probably going to just as frequently try to pick off someone alone or flank them, and a burning target isn't guaranteed.

12. LotharusMaximus

I have a lvl 30 epic ex cannon and recently switch my burning perks for all cirt perks. I have 2 3% and 1 4.5% which should take it up to 11.5% I don't see the crit as often as I'd like but seeing the - 1760! - pop up sure is satisfying. My goal is to get all 4.5% perks on it and get it up to 19%. 1 in 5 is pretty good for a high level cannon like that. I'm already running burn perks on my two T5 rare blasts and they hit well. I have nearly all burning talents selected in Bhurt anyway.

Blood Raven and The Otherguy like this.
  13. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Mine has a 5% crit chance, and it sure feels like it payed off. I've gotten 3 crits in the same battle once, two in the same battle twice, and I've gotten over 5 in an hour.

14. LotharusMaximus

Yea I've noticed that I see it come in waves as well. Several battles with nothing and then Bam, 2 in a row.

Satisfaction:
    1760!.jpg

15. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I've too been unlucky getting canon damage or burning damage perks... so I use a crit chance on my BC bringing it to 5%... While I'm not sure it's any better, it is nice to see the occasional 2k damage shot which frequently results in a kill.

The Otherguy likes this.
  16. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I think it’s actually quite subjective. Damage perks tend to do more damage ‘on average’, but that doesn’t necessarily make them ‘better’.

When people ask for general advice on the forum, we always tell them: “call your shots”. The reason being: because you want your team to focus thier damage on the same target. That’s better, because when you focus damage, it results in a kill, which reduces the unfriend’s firepower. What you don’t want, is to have everyone spreading thier damage around, but not killing anything.

That’s what damage perks essentially do, they spread the extra damage thinly across a number of shots (and likely different targets). The crit chance perks might do less ‘on average’ but they dump it all onto one ship. I think that’s often better, because it means that ship is more likely to die quickly, and give your team an advantage, but it’s impossible to quantify how much that is really worth (it might win the game, or it might mean little).

Fire perks are obviously very powerful, but it’s generally a two hit combo, which needs to be set up, and you need to land both shots, so it also comes with its own pros and cons. RNG won’t give me any duplicate for my flare, so it’s not really an option for me anyway.

You get more crits in games where you take more shots. So if you see a run of crits, it’s probably just because you’re playing well and landing lots of shots.

That’s why I’d quite like to try a defender build with std-cannons using crit chance perks. The high volume of shots would make the crits much more frequent.

The Otherguy likes this.
  17. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I swear I've had Oprah Winfrey for a teammate several times. "You get some damage! And you get some damage! Everyone gets some damage!" ... But never enough to sink them. Burst damage is really important to sealing the deal, as well as surprising an opponent who thought they might have been able to stand their ground and take you out first.

For a Speeder or Enforcer where you're frequently engaging solo, yes you need to set up and land that 2-hit combo on your own. But for a Shooter, Defender, and especially for a Fixer - you're counting on someone else having already set your target aflame. Most games you can count on at least one Firebomb or Flare amongst your teammates.

18. nuoni

nuoni Member

Crit chance perks works on a weapon that you will be firing and hitting with a lot.
    %10 crit chance means at least 10th shot you land will crit. If you won't be firing and hitting that weapon that often in a battle then forget it.
    It hard to hit anything with excannon and most of battles that takes place within it's range don't last for long.
    Standard cannon or sniper are objectively a better option to gamble on crits with.

The Otherguy likes this.
  19. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I play def with swift torp, ExC, and napalm. Totally worth it for me.

20. l3lacknight1

l3lacknight1 New Member

I understand that everyone is assuming the critical chance percentage is 1%. Definitely a safe assumption when you can't see it. However, the question is what is it truly...? As they stated there is no point in not having the stat appear as it does for other weapons. I just don't understand all the mystery behind it. Knowing if it were 2% or more would definitely be worthwhile to know. There's space for the crit chance stat. There's crit chance perks that can be used. Devs.... Put the information there! Sheez...:eek:o_O