1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Everything you need to know about Blacktail

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by TheAntiSnipe, 1 Jan 2018.

1. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

So i can forget about ysl, kenzer, p0rthos, orpheus etc. Blacktail is the scariest legend of the bay.

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

He's the original legend. He dominated the leaderboards back when the leaderboards were new lol. I was surprised to see that so few new players know this dude, he's John Wick here. Legend lol.

3. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

True!!
    I would also love to see, how he would do now because there's a lot of competition nowadays.
    Players have evolved so much and there are so many aggressive players just like him.
    Records are made to be broken. ;)

4. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Old f2p players are still strong. They are very good battlers acctualy. Problem is, and most of us complain is that sometimes you can’t compete with p2w users. I get hits from legendary sniper that crits over 2.8k. Legendary Explosive criting 3.8k. Sometimes skills aren’t required to win a battle, but only firepower.

Disguised, Hokuse, Nam_Nam and 7 others like this.
  5. H.A.D.E.S

Yeah....but Bittersteel is still hanging on with his Rares at 4k infamy, which is pretty impressive....I don't know bout others but Bittersteel is my inspiration.
    Being a Shooter, I love how he plays at his best with rares against epics and Legendaries.

6. TheAntiSnipe

Same here. Though I think the reason I'm so obsessed with Blacktail is because he defines the full power of what an F2P can hope to wield in this game. To beat him is to surpass the limits. If he retired, we'll never know who's the best speeder, you know? I mean, of course, there's speeder types, but this dude literally MADE the meta back in the day.

7. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

It’s not like, you can open your wallet and get things two times or even three times better than what we’ve took years and hard work to achieve, right ? That’s y I miss the days that legendaries items were true legends.

8. TheAntiSnipe

Yeah, Bittersteel is a true god of the trade. Though I think Erik Wong was the best-equipped back when he played, Bittersteel's consistency and sheer, raw presence makes him a giant even among the Nightmares.

9. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Bitter is an awesome player. I’ve battled him many times, awesome shooter :)

10. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Think BT will be with us again this year. That’s what I’ve heard lol

11. TheAntiSnipe

When he comes back(nobody that good ever really leaves for good lol) I want a fight. Me vs him. I'm gonna lose, but I'll try to make it tough on him. (Fat chance tho, I just wanna see how he moves).

12. H.A.D.E.S

Very much true.
    I didn't experience him playing with or against him though he's my friend in game till devs gave the sweet custom battle update.
    Thank you very much devs.
    Being a F2P Shooter, I really want to surpass him but seems like I'm standing in a long que. :p

13. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

there could be a Battle Bay Hall of Fame. blacktail the first guy getting inducted lol

14. H.A.D.E.S

Lol...yeah

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  15. The Afenogaster

The Afenogaster Well-Known Member

Bbay player / free time artist.
    It’s not for your form of playing but I think he could 2 shot you, you can dodge with a lot of skill timing and luck 1 of them, (the flare probably) but stunned and on fire you would die the next cooldown.

16. TheAntiSnipe

Blunted swords(common weps), maybe?

17. BITTERSTEEL

BITTERSTEEL Well-Known Member

Just...Wow. Thank you for the compliments, you, and everyone else.

I do think I’m overrated though. I just got a lot of positive exposure from P0rthos and Rovio. There are lots of F2P Nightmare league players, and some of them could absolutely demolish me.

18. GoreSnorkle

GoreSnorkle Active Member

What I enjoy the most is your commentary lol. But I like a dry wit...
    And as far as nightmare league goes, my favourite aspect of your game play is your battlefield awareness. For me, the Fog of War is as thick as pea soup.

19. TheAntiSnipe

He's back!!! Ace 1 players, please report all BlackTail sightings!

20. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I have had the privilege to play with (and against) Blacktail quite a few times before, mostly prior global launch. Obviously he was one of the best players at the time and probably killed me many more times than I killed him, but I still managed to catch myself few memories of those times ;)
    Screenshot_2017-02-14-19-37-10.png

Screenshot_2017-03-30-14-04-30.png

Screenshot_2017-03-31-08-50-51.png

Screenshot_20170510-140716.png