1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

On the Subject of the Sniper Cannon

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by CaffeinatedChris, 30 Nov 2017.

1. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

My blast cannon deals 540 damage and ~700 on burning enemies. And that is 2 sniper crits that just ripped me apart in the starting of the match.

2. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

yes i get that a lot but i try to kill the sniper welding guys first especially the speeders. Imagine u trying to finish of a shooter then u get ripped apart by two sniper shots from full life to zero, that has happened to me before on my mk4 speeder. In my situation i cant do much to retaliate as i use a big bertha as i like killing shooters more than other speeders.

3. Disguised

I don't even have to imagine that kind of situation anymore, as I've experienced it too many times to count.
    But in the pictures, that I posted above, I lost 3/4 of my health from one crit. Then the fixer had enough time to heal me up to 3/4 of my health, and BOOM... I'm dead from a consecutive sniper shot. In total those two sniper shots dealt more than 3000 damage, which is practically my_health * 1.5

4. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Solution #369 - Compiled from discussion in sniper v railgun. Credit to @xxxBISMARCKxxx with tweaking from me.

Link sniper crit to the in-game zoom. (you know when you hold your target for a few seconds....) Decrease crit chance (whatever it is at) by say 50% if shot from no zoom. Crit % is full value when in zoom mode, no penalty given.

Sounds like a super easy win for everyone commenting here (including Rovio). Zooming is easier to do from a distance but will be much harder and take longer in close combat.

Case closed.

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

+1 that. Also spread out the Bhurt tree to make sniper cannon a little weaker in early game. 1000+ crits in master are not acceptable.

vis1234567899 likes this.
  6. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Yes guys stop bringing up how ridiculously unbalanced the meta game is and enjoy your new update with custom battles. Bread and circuses.

craz¥burd likes this.
  7. SlAyEr

SlAyEr Active Member

I'll suggest only perk nd bhurt balancing that's it..

What is sniper?
    Ans:A sniper is a long range tactical precision cannon designed for the battle bay for the purposes of neutralizing ships;from shooter to fixer. The sniper cannon is a 1 slot fired weapon system fitted with a telescopic sight for high accuracy and chambered for devs defined centrefire cartridge!!

Luv snipers. don't hate em

8. Tmfh67401

Tmfh67401 Member

Why not within standard cannon range it be same damage as std cannon? Then beyond std range the crit chance go up. I'm just suggesting because that is really where the advantage is.

9. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

They will never touch sniper. 70% of the top players use it and most of them are pay to play and they all would throw a fit. The devs aren't interested in a balanced game.

ThatOnion likes this.
  10. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Or maybe because the devs aren't biased blast cannon/ex cannon users xD

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  11. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

I can't believe more people are complaining about sniper Over flare and ex cannon. Sniper isn't powerful enough to become the meta. Always Nerf the meta so that there is actually "variety" to the meta.

TheFixer27 likes this.
  12. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    We want sniper Nerf?
    Results:OUR setups are nerfed

ThatOnion likes this.
  13. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Flare gun is perfectly balanced in every way. Good damage but takes 18+ seconds to deal full damage.

Ex cannon is a bit of a problem but not game breaking.

--------------------------------------------------------

If rovio wants to finally progress I suggest they focus on the more important things instead of going backwards with nerfs and buffs as their excuse for an update.

Instead of nerfs, why not guild mails, or fast forward replays? Small shit like that is actual progress and not a step in the wrong direction.

14. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

So sniper gets nerfed, then what...? Nerf the next weapon people don’t like getting hit with? Just accept that some weapons are more OP than others and leave my sniper alone!
    I don’t moan about getting my backside frosted and torped or set on fire and blasted by speeders and enforcers....
    Suck it up buttercup! :cool:

15. Tmfh67401

Tmfh67401 Member

Thats a good point! So make it a two point weapon like torpedo and the other OP weapons u just mentioned?

16. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

I stand by my opinion, whatever the latest meta is, that should be all that should be considered for a Nerf. If it's not the meta then it is not OP enough to be nerfed.

You are right though, quality of life updates are much more productive.

Tmfh67401 likes this.
  17. SlAyEr

SlAyEr Active Member

We had enough of sniper conversation on forums. There r other things which can improve BB. We should contribute to that not making "sniper nerf" threads.
    All is upto devs if they feel it, they will do it..
    If not, talking here won't do anything. #Offtopic

*JAWS* and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  18. kusura bakmayin

kusura bakmayin Member

I'd like to offer my perspective as a lower-level sniper cannon user. A lot of the discussion is focused on the end game, but the majority of players, even paying players, will never reach those levels. I'm currently captain level 21, use a L30 rare sniper cannon as my main and switch between Enforcer, Fixer, and Shooter, have a 17.5% crit chance, and level 14 Bhurt. My infamy currently ranges from 1000-1500, with a recent high at 1668. I don't know much about higher levels, but SC doesn't feel particularly powerful right now. I still have my ships at Mk2 because I prefer moving and turning quickly to taking lots of hits. I scout a lot and die early on in games, mostly from mortars and sniper cannons. On Fixer, I generally stay with the bulk of the other ships and heal, using the range of the sniper cannon to help harass unfriends and defend myself from the occasional Speeder hunting me. I use Overboost, Stun Bolt, and Turbo in support, and switch between Swift Torpedo and Long Range Mortar as my secondary.

My current criticals are in the high 600s, and I die a lot in close combat when my shot doesn't kill a boat with 400 hp. EC and XC kill me in one on one combat all the time. I try to stay in the highest league possible because of the better league bonus per battle and better league rewards, so I am almost always the lowest damaging player on my teams. SC is my main because it lets me hang on to my infamy in what is a very high risk play style. I get dog piled a lot and people frequently hunt me because my low HP makes me an attractive target. I get the Popular highlight every four or five games. In an ideal game, I jump around the battlefield helping my friends in 2v1s and either harass the main body, and pull one or two ships away from the main body so that the rest of my friends can focus on whoever is left.

As I fill out my tree more, I plan on keeping speed maxed (or close to) so that I can continue playing the way I enjoy, but in my particular niche case, the sniper cannon is one of the only weapons that really gives me any chance to do any damage without getting very quickly killed (Long Range Mortar and Swift Torpedo being the other two). Particularly on the Fixer, having only the LRM and Swift Torpedo give the vulnerability in close range combat where I can't strike back. SC is really my only viable main weapon.

Regarding nerfs, I think that there seem to be some strong arguments in favor, particularly at higher levels. I am investing in SC because I see the power of it at higher levels. A nerf should be on the table, but implemented gradually and not in a way that immediately makes the weapon unviable. I haven't seen anybody suggest turning it into a two-slot weapon yet (apologies if I missed this in one of the many threads on the topic). This would limit what you could pair it with without nerfing the weapon itself. I agree with other comments, though, that suggest more buffs rather than nerfs. Weapons that are underused should be made more attractive rather than attractive weapons being weakened.

19. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Not Op.

Since last update sniper criticals less. Fact.

Doesn' need to be touched. Once in nitemare sniper isn' a game changer or even a game winner. Its a pest at best.

I have seen other cannons rule a sniper in nitemare.

For those who the want the biggest nerf. I will start the next nerf your favorite weapon thread in the future. Jk. Reality too many players obsess with the weapon they remember killing them. And then that weapon has to be needed in order to improve. This is faulty logic.

A plus B won't equal C here.

Reality. Game takes a while to improve and get better. Gradual improvement. Weapons and boat gradually get better.

If anything people should focus making threads why the game takes so darn long to progress.

20. Disguised

Umm not really:
    [​IMG]
    A have many other moments like this, for example I was playing in chill zone, I throw 2 mines over the wall. Turn back and start speeding away after being hit by a firebomb, and boom, 1300 gone and then get finished by another sniper.
    The other day, I was flanking(to get behind the enemy team) in Subzero during the middle of the match, and only the enemy speeder noticed me. He crit me for 1400 and left me will less than 100 hp. I managed to get away from him, but then a shooter got me with another sniper(but this shot was fair).

I jump around 1500-1800 on an mk4 speeder & enforcer.

Last edited: 10 Jan 2018
    Mr. Chompers and ThatOnion like this.