1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The P2W (and Loot Box) Reckoning

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jammo, 5 Dec 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anything is better than an Energy System

2. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

I think Zeus's comment about WoW was only comparing time required to achieve maximum end game. However, WoW is a 3-5 year commitment to do that through F2P or P2P(it's subscription based, and little to no P2W model). Battle Bay to get to maximum end-game takes 70-80 years through Free-to-Play, and if you discount Legendaries, it might be about 4 years for one single ship. But 4 years to reach 75% to end-game? I don't see how this even relates, in fact, it's laughable.

Clash Royale makes more sense because both games are in the same space of Freemium Mobile games, both using gatcha-mechanics for Loot-Box In-game purchases. However, Supercell has created a game that harnesses F2P and encourages P2P to continue spending, a well-balanced pricing model for all players and a healthy system for all players in terms of progress. That's the huge difference.

Last edited: 10 Jan 2018
  3. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Please stop derailing this thread about the Energy system, who cares about that, it has no relevance to this thread topic. It was only one of many suggestions on possibly improving the current system, but the caveat is that to implore an energy system, you need to do something else to counter the negative impacts of it... and obviously people don't bother logically thinking for possible solutions in the process.

Please stop circling back to this! This is like the 3rd time I'm posting this on this thread.

Zachiderp likes this.
  4. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

The system that rovio used was utterly lazy and purely frustrating. The MAIN part of progression is based solely on rng and csnt even be bypassed, no matter how much money you have or how much time you spend. It's ridiculous

5. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

I wish players were wrong here. But I find the progress absurdly slow. I have said here. 7k spent and not to level 50 yet. Played almost 10,000 games. And have used many pearls even towards training. I have zero clue how a free to play player could get to level 50 in a year. I doubt i will acheive this in a year.

They need to simplify the pearls, sugar, and gold needed for training and advancement. And when they do this. For all those who already acheived certain levels. They need to send gift basket of thank you and 28,000 pearls. This game has only survived this long from those that paid. And those who grinded watching lame ad after ad to play this game. Either way. It needs to get simpler to improve. For quality of life.

There is sooo much to love about the game. The graphics, the weapons, the new guild elements. Simplify what isnt working. And fix the rng loot box elements. And this game becomes awesome
    @The Grim Repair

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

Theory about lootboxes.

Helius Maximus and Crashedup like this.
  7. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Hey guys,
    As you know, I always like to talk about anything concerning Battle Bay and especially focus on what or how we can improve the game and experience for everyone.

Everything is read and feedback is always taken into consideration - so thanks again for this passionate discussion.

As players, and being a gamer myself - we often have different kinds of approaches how to express our concerns or questions or ideas. Now, I think it’s best to close this thread - since, feedback has been heard and passed on to the game team - which is the most important part of having discussions, and at this time I believe there is no further additions to be gained.

In general, for everyone’s understanding - like every other game we work closely with our app stores in every aspect and always ensure that we adhere to international laws. That really shouldn’t be a question.

We will always keep you up to date and informed about any changes to the game so stay tuned for what’s upcoming!. You will be the first to know :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.