1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Can we get a colorblind mode?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by virts6, 4 Jan 2018.

1. virts6

virts6 New Member

Even if it's basic that would help many. Being able to switch the minimap colors to a different color as well being able to change the attack indicator (the bull's eye that appears on the water) would be great. Like even 1 other preset of colors would be good.

I can't see the difference between rare and epic items. I can't see the difference between legendary and uncommon items. These aren't as bad bc i can simply click each item to read the description to verify. I organize my storage by putting epics on 1 side and rares on the other. But being able to switch those colors would be convenient.

Same with friend's online/in-battle/offline. I can't tell if they're in battle or simply online.

Last edited: 5 Jan 2018
  2. noelips

noelips Member

I'm not colorblind in the slightest but this is a great suggestion that I fully support!

+1

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. Miika

Miika Game Lead

4. virts6

virts6 New Member

5. virts6

virts6 New Member

Wow i'm used to getting mostly hate comments on the internet! Thanks, youre a great person

6. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Didn't want to question your homework. I was just wondering because in your screenshot WoW has implemented Protanopia, Deuteranopia, and Tritanopia filters which are also provided by the OS on mobile. If they don't work well for you it wouldn't really help if we would implemented them inside the game either.

7. virts6

virts6 New Member

Admittedly never played WOW, so nice catch.

Here's some examples i found:

"Don't communicate any gameplay information with color alone. Give color-coded stuff unique shapes, or unique labels, or unique motion, etc."

For the friend online/offline/battle, In this pic one of the circles were changed. A colorblind option could switch the circles from relying on color to using shapes:

https://imgur.com/XRlZMoI

Another pic:
    https://uxcellence.com/img/2015/color-blindness.png
    [​IMG]

If you wanted to keep the same shapes for online/offline/battle or on the minimap, you impliment a toggle to change the colors. http://i.imgur.com/SYgsCIJ.jpg

8. virts6

virts6 New Member

Edited original post to remove WOW reference.

9. FDR's Think Tank

FDR's Think Tank New Member

This brings up an interesting point with shapes on the map- if you change enemies minimap icon into evil triangles... Could team fixers at least get a plus inside their circle so the team knows where to go to get topped off, without spinning around?

virts6 likes this.