1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Everything you need to know about Blacktail

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by TheAntiSnipe, 1 Jan 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Calling all old players. I want people who have fought the terror of the Bay personally. I want to know what made him tick. As someone who wishes to surpass/fight him one day, I absolutely need to know EVERYTHING about him.

Please help me take him down(if he gets back).

@Eeyore please tag every old player you know, I don't know all of them. And help me, you must've fought him before.

Blueee, #CK, • Percy • and 2 others like this.
  2. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Well, I’ve tried old names here and only found @Brizo and @Bergster, but I can tell you what I know about BT

1BC0ECFF-945D-479D-9F31-711EECA09858.png

So this is BT’s rig. He managed A LOG TIME AGO this perfect combo that most people uses nowaday. Epic flare gun with all epic timing perks (lasts longer) + epic blast with fire dmg increase. We didn’t call it a flare gun at that time - it’s definitely a death clock - but I’m from the time that BT used to play with Enfo. Believe me, that’s a perfect combination for a close range combat with high damage.

4754B316-1479-4608-AA72-5723494BC088.png

I don’t know if he went online a few days ago and managed to change to Speeder, but I’m most of my videos that I have here, you can see him using enforcer with just the same Rig. I remember he was a good dodger, very hard to hit with enfo. Or maybe he changed to speeder when I quit playing for 5 months that i was at sea, confusing, I just don’t remember because when I came back he had stopped already

3. TheAntiSnipe

What was he like from a strategic point of view? As a fighter? Any weaknesses?

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  4. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I might not remember that well bud. Last time I’ve had a match with him was more than a year ago. Lattest record of our message on BB chat is from 375 day ago.

But everyone has a weakness. He was very aggressive, usually come like a “hit and runner” with his enfo. It was very easy to sink ppl because of his combo. I mean, hard to have someone just in front of your face with a flare and a BC dealing 2k dmg at a single shot, lol. But most of the matches I remember he going by himself and wracking everyone, think this might be he’s weakness as far as I remember.

Rainbow Warrior and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

Damn. So my target's only weakness is that he's the freakin' Dragon's Sin of Wrath xD. Was he F2P?

6. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Hahahah was going most of the times alone his weakness, but with such an overwhelming rig, who needs a team? LOL. Most of the time he could deal with two or three alone, so ended up 3vs4. That’s why he has 1.4 rate of kills/battles.

I’m not sure if he is full f2p, but I believe yes. He used to spend hours and hours online, that’s why the impressive 42k battles. I it was so funny because I’ve already received messages like - I can’t play now bud, Blacktail is online. And some people really started to avoid it when he was on, haha! I remember waking up - BT is online. Before dinner - BT is online. Time to sleep - BT is online. Was insane!

There are other players like Christmas, Pong Thailand, Net Thailand, God, Rashid and Eric that might tell you more about him. They are all from V1.0 elso.

7. TheAntiSnipe

Can you hook me up with one of them?

8. BITTERSTEEL

BITTERSTEEL Well-Known Member

Porthos did an entire mini-series featuring Blacktail’s submissions.

9. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

They can be found on BB Facebook, but I’ll give you their tags so you can add here:

D5E90BA9-FEBF-4E2E-9E7E-D61F64B5F81D.jpeg 479C55BA-06E8-4B01-ADE3-2BE4F78AC5D3.jpeg 52862450-60EF-42EE-A4AC-9F951BE7B089.jpeg 1621D512-06A1-4C94-904C-51219F54FCF3.jpeg 5EE6D458-0ED5-446A-BAE5-808F0B79BFF4.jpeg D34B0C4F-2B8C-4B7D-95A6-E3C0AC6A0CBB.jpeg D16DE0E5-57BB-4583-9EFF-1F78FDF3C330.jpeg F8CFF5DF-4922-4179-BD3A-107829B18754.jpeg 9B13EDB2-505A-46A8-90E5-F5E03633D7D5.jpeg 1212B46B-0419-458B-BCE1-76639A8E1F47.jpeg

10. TheAntiSnipe

Yes, he did. I've rewatched each episode 3-4 times. Blacktail is my god lol. But I want to know how it feels like to fight him, and HOW he fights. What I see is, he's pure instinct, he's got a deadly battlesense. He's a rusher, he charges. He's good against every team configuration. But what this doesn't tell me is, how does it feel to be on the receiving end of Blacktail's guns?

11. TheAntiSnipe

12. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

That’s so old! I wasn’t playing on that time. I’ve stopped when he used Enfo. So yeah, I was just right of what I’ve thought before.

13. TheAntiSnipe

@Miika , sorry to distract you, but you must've fought him, right?

14. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Yep! An awesome player with a super magical touch. The Battle Bay team corner at the office has a TV which shows live battles 24/7. I remember times when the team have just dropped what they have been doing and collecting their jaws while watching him dance in his Enfo obliterating the opposing team single handedly while nobody was even able to land a shot on him. Just beautiful.

15. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Ha! My torps do remember that Enfo dance. I’ve could most of the time hit him only by obstacles or team splash. Hard target !

And that’s neat! Live battles 24/7 at your guys office haha!

16. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

ROFL... and here I was sure that my "Leroy Jenkins" strategy on my shooter was doomed to failure at higher levels. Surely, I thought, a more experienced team would not allow a lone ship to go savage their ranks the way I do at lower infamies. Apparently I was wrong.

17. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I know! Haha
    but things changed nowadays right ? At that time we didn’t have legendaries. At that time Tier 3 was the maximum tier to evolve. Things got really difficult. It was very common for me, for exemple, to sink 2 or 3 ships with my two big’s combo. Ship’s HP and defense were way lower. I can’t even do a scratch with my torpedoes anymore, lol. I would love to see BT battleing nowadays, would like to see how he would manage all the new stuff that we have.

18. The Afenogaster

The Afenogaster Well-Known Member

Bbay player / free time artist.
    No words to say because I didn't know him, but his layout gives some hope to me, I have a blast cannon and a flare on speeder while most of the people have an explosive cannon so I deal less damage than other people but that's what you need if you wanna play enforcer too, the explosive can not fit in there. I just don't know how to learn from him because things have changed, and there is almost no footage of Blacktail ply porthos did a series and it was amazing so I hope one day BT returns and we can see how he manages the new players and new maps and new mk7 and all that ...

19. Bergster

Bergster Member

The best strategy with BT was to be on his team.....

20. TheAntiSnipe

That bad? Dayum. But really, how good was he to fight?