1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 2.7 "Custom Battles"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 19 Dec 2017.

1. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    It’s also the hardest class to play, and the most depending of the team. Team sucks, not much a fixer can do to save the situation.
    And the pulse nerf was (at least partly) to make duct tape an option for dual pulse + box/bolt

Rokstrmahesh and plenchie like this.
  2. The Over Lord 15

The Over Lord 15 Member

Student
    This new patch with the Custom Games is truly awesome and i really like the idea. But i do miss something with it, which is a chat below. It would make it a lot easier if you could communicate there, instead of chatting with one of your friends in your friends list.

Like if you agree with me.

Last edited: 21 Dec 2017
  3. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

Finally after playing for 2 days...my review on Custom battles.
    There is nothing much interesting in custom battles. Sounds good initially. it should need more excitement trough some trophies or some thing else..other than pereals, sugar and gold which may mislead...

trough this, its easy to play with night mare people and whom ever we like in battlebay...
    but need some thing more...
    like battle with other guilds... which makes more intresting.
    and options should be like.....
    accepting guild battle from other guilds....by some one from our guild.
    then we can select the online people from our guild as well as the other guild should select players from their guild...its up to them...
    then the battle should start as usual.
    then this custom battles makes excitement and will be serious...else for fun playing or to know our weapon strategy.

INSTEAD THIS...
    GUILD BATTLES SHOULD BE THERE. LIKE
    it should show all the guilds and any guild can request for battle. as there will not members online all the time...there is an option like keeping deal with 3 to 4 guild...
    some option should be introduced to make 4 guild as partner guild...so that guild war will be easy...we can select players from any of the 4 partner guilds.....
    and there should be some reward like

Betting the infamy like "5" and "10" infamy by each player...which sounds very interesting and makes all to play...

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

Still no reply to my you buffed and nerffed my carronade at the same time argument. It has over 6 likes. As I said yes lower damage but an extra projectile looks good but went you factor in a ships defence it's not. I now need over 1.5 million sugar to train swift gust to get back to where i was. Oh yeah ad a battle royal/death match to custom will stop peaple complaining about it ( personally I love the new updates) custom battle is awesome it just takes some imagination) but the carronade buff/nerf please get back to me cos yeah it start off (and pardon my language crap) but it's one of then hidden gem weapons. Yes a new player can't understand cos it's shoot shoot shoot. But us veterans know with a little time and passions that seemingly laim duck is actually one of the m9st powerful weapons in the game........and you nerfed it for people who put the time in to nurture this little weapon in to the beast it can be

Last edited: 21 Dec 2017
    Hokuse likes this.
  5. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Maybe I missed it. What was the 2nd 203mb update?

Deinøs likes this.
  6. Pinecone

Pinecone Developer

Bugfixes. It's optional to download for now.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  7. The Over Lord 15

The Over Lord 15 Member

Student
    Thanks for all the support i’ve got from you awesome members. I'll keep posting relevant features which could improve the experience on the sea. And I also wish you luck on the bay, according to that it might be needed.

The Otherguy likes this.
  8. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

Love custom battles, we’ve had so so so much fun. Played against non-guild friends, chat room friends, nightmare league players, and used boats and weapons I’ve never touched.....all without the pressure and mayhem of normal battle (or risking infamy)
    Thank you for this Christmas present!!!! :D:D:D

9. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

so...
    why do likes determan wether someone replies to your post or not?

by the way, the post I replied to in this message was very well thought out. Cudos to you.

10. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

@ Rovio - I feel this probably should have made it into the Patch Notes.
    @ Rovio - I would prefer if auto-renewal was optional, and not mandatory.

Attached Files:

11. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Subscriptions always auto renew unless cancelled, thats what differentiates a purchase and a subscription.
    It was in the patch notes:
    [​IMG]

Spinners71 likes this.
  12. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

Sorry I missed that... I still think it should be an option though...

Ash KOT likes this.
  13. The Over Lord 15

The Over Lord 15 Member

Student
    This Christmas gift was really nice and i really appriciate the things i got in it. Thank you awesome developers and administrators, and have a further nice Christmasday.

Mr. Chompers and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  14. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

I just get two epic carronades from holiday gift :rolleyes::D Thank you for this and Merry Christmas everybody :)

Mr. Chompers and The Otherguy like this.
  15. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

New suggestion for battlebay tournaments...... a.jpg

16. +Mr.FoxTrot+ [SCAR]

+Mr.FoxTrot+ [SCAR] Member

+Mr.FoxTrot+ [SCAR]New Member
    I never got the 100$ offer for Christmas and I was looking really looking forward to that. Got a little disappointed

17. Rokstrmahesh

Rokstrmahesh Active Member

Still, fixer's situation is bad, 50% repair pulse for them, not enough HP, all guns aiming at them when a match starts, it's hard to survive.
    Daily rewards are a joke, Rovio common! An uncommon power cell as a daily reward? and free boxes, yea you can remove them from game cuz it's of no use.
    Stop being greedy when we spend our valuable time here and contribute to your hard work.

Bill Miller, Zachiderp and TheFixer27 like this.
  18. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

And rng in overpriced boxes? Rovio might as well be telling us that it gives us a sense of pride and accomplishment by getting the item we wanted from these crates

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

Ok I was loving the new update. Everything was fine till I noticed something recently.
    Lots of people at my infamy seem to have gotten superpowered overnight.
    I sat and thought about how this has happoned as I've pretty much gone from being a half decent player to practically a noob.
    This has only happoned after the introduction of offers. What was once just luck that you get an item you require has turned to hey just buy it. This has messed up the balance of the game.
    Offers should be restricted to pearls off boxes or money for material and not hey just but this weapon

20. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

The new offers are alot more fair to the customers than the lottery system --- My favourite aspect is that it openly highlights how they value their pixels. Here's a fun example;
    1 epic weapon costs 249dkk (40usd), the game suggests that the actual value is triple of that, i.e. 120$ for an epic item. Meaning that Rovio values enough duplicates to get a lvl 50 epic weapon as being worth 720$.

Perhaps my idea of percieved value is completely out of touch with the world, but I find it hard to believe that these 'offers' make any significant difference for your matchups.

IMG_0194.PNG

Babablacksheep likes this.