1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Weapon Rework

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Zachiderp, 16 Dec 2017.

1. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

I wrote this in another thread but i think this idea deserves a thread of it's own.
    I think there should be less weapons, but have skill trees so that you can build them the way you want. Like Standard cannon blast cannon sniper cannon explosive cannon and carronade should just be the standard cannon at the start of the game but then have a training tree to become that item. Like Increase damage but increase cooldown (to have high damage like blast cannon) or increase projectiles per shot but decrease range for carronade and etc. And big improvements like splash damage upon shot would make the weapon 2 slots for explosive cannon. The other weapons would be mortars (grenades(here or incendiary), mortar, long-range mortar, ballpark mortar, missiles and big berta), torpedoes (swift, triple, and big torpedoes), Incendiary weapons (firebomb, flare gun, napalm launcher) and railgun and mines will be their own categories.
    When you get a cannon you select which talents you want on it from the talents you've already trained for. (Its like crew training but after you train you have to go to your weapon to actually select which talents you want applied to it before you equip it)
    Thank you @Zerolive for pointing out this flaw

Last edited: 16 Dec 2017
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I really like the idea, it would make triple barreled carrocannons possible lol. Supercool. It would need a lot of effort to implement tho.

3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I totally agree, there is no reason to have four different mortars, when you could achieve the same thing with crew talents and perks. Less is more.

4. Zerolive

Zerolive Well-Known Member

So basically you are suggesting that cannon can be anything. Like lower cooldown means standard, high damage low range means blast, high range, crits and medium cooldown means sniper and so on. Same goes with any other weapon category. But one flaw in this is : Lack of variety. We have been playing long enough to get our head around types of weapons and speciality of each. If you make your training tree of cannon to be like standard cannon, you cannot equip any other cannon at the same time. Lets take an example. A defender equips flare gun, standard cannon and explosive cannon combo. From what you suggest, he can use only one type of cannon which you make from cannon training tree. If he makes his cannon to be like ex cannon, slot points won't be enough and if made standard cannon, high damage is gone. Same goes with mortars. If you make it like big berta, you won't have long range one or faster cooldown one. Surely you can get your ultimate combination of range, damage and cooldown but it will be same for another weapon within that category. That makes a huge difference. Playing cannon only, you are stuck on one type. There will be less category of weapon and only them to choose from. 4 cannons are reduced to cannon type, 4 mortars are reduced one and same for other weapons. Frankly it is a great idea but unless there are lots of category to choose from, I can't see it working out.:) Have a good day Captains.

Last edited: 16 Dec 2017
  5. Zachiderp

Ok I see where it flaws so let me fix that. When you recieve a cannon and use skill trees to build it up. Its seperate for eah cannon you get.
    When you get a cannon you select which talents you want on it from the talents you've already trained for. (Its like crew training but after you train you have to go to your weapon to actually select which talents you want applied to it before you equip it)
    So lets take that situation again. To do that build you need 2 cannons and a flare gun. When you recieve the cannon you are shown the skill tree of talents you habe already trianed for and select which talents you want to equip. Same goes for the other cannon.

6. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

There are already limitations on what you can equip: for example BC and Sniper clash pretty hard.

If you moved the variations onto perks then the problem goes away. For example a mortar with range perks = LRM, area perks = Ballpark, damage perks = Berta. In fact, there might even be less clashing that way, because you wouldn’t have so many tree conflicts.

PastelPiku and DragonLegend like this.
  7. Zachiderp

The tree in my idea is for every weapon you equip but you only train for it once. When you train a captain you have 2 talents to choose from. Imagine that but you only select the talents after you get the weapon and you can change which talents you want equipped for each weapon of the same class you equip.

DragonLegend likes this.
  8. Zerolive

Zerolive Well-Known Member

Let me tweak it a little for best or to worsen things. Consider a custom weapon mode for each of the Category. A little button on every weapon to add a custom mode or I prefer it to say Alchemy mode. If you want, use custom weapon mode on the weapon to add the feature on any weapon you want of that category. Most of the people don't get what they want. So this way they can at least get what they think is best on that category.Custom mode tree for every weapon category to make the best suited weapons for them.For example: 4 bars on custom mode for cannon.i.e Range, Firepower, crits, cooldown. Each one can be increased by reducing others. I don't think devs will ever implement this because it is not great for them in economical aspect but it is atleast worth a try.:)

9. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    I love it. Also this opens up the pissibility of having more weapons at the end because you could choose to not unlock certain weapons, and make getting dupes easier

10. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

It seems like tons of work for the devs for an absolut change in the game mechanics that could and could not work.

I'd rather efforts towards brand new PvP and PvE game modes or sth like that, in order to widen the game, not just to change the whole weapons/items mechanics without letting us try new kind of experience in battles...

Neptune_Gaming and Epekka like this.
  11. Zachiderp

I would like that aswell, this was just an idea i just threw out there since it would be cool to change our current variety of weapons

12. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Ohhhh. + 1000000000 to idea.

Zachiderp likes this.
  13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

+1 trillion!

14. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    The idea is actually quite good, but i don’t think they’ll completely change the item progression anymore.

Neptune_Gaming and Zachiderp like this.
  15. Zachiderp

they most likely won't but at least i shared my idea anyways

PastelPiku and A55A51N like this.
  16. Zachiderp

17. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Meh ok
    Neat idea

But I think the skills tree should be reworked different, i’d like it similar to skill points.

The games weapons are fine as it is. To give variety to the players.

18. Zachiderp

My problem with weapons is that its hard to find duplicates. This reduces that problem because they will be less weapons (more diversity) meaning you have a higher chance of getting what you want. It also solves some skill tree problems when it came to using different weapons sinve they conflicted with eachother.

PastelPiku likes this.
  19. Zachiderp

20. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student