1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The P2W (and Loot Box) Reckoning

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jammo, 5 Dec 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Same here. I quit Shadow Fight, Asphalt xtreme, sniper assassin, COC, BB, CR, RR3 for those exact reasons. Just, NO. Flat no. You run out of energy PRECISELY when you need it. Then you need to pay rare currency to play more.

Nikkie! and The Otherguy like this.
  2. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Most of those games have better progression than BB.

Riddlerpaji likes this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

Exactly my point. I can survive bad progression. But definately, I won't have it. I won't let a game control how much I should play it. But then again, that's just me.

Nikkie! and The Otherguy like this.
  4. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

If a game gives me more progress with less amount games played.I would do it! Hands down.

I dont like current state of game where you to grind 1000s of games to reach Respectable position,Leave alone the top level And getting nothing in progression

@Miku Da Yo 39 just sugessted One of the 1000 ideas that replace this Gambling mechanics.Stop attacking singular person,We better not get a thread locked which if doesnt make any change awakens the insight of player of how they are being robbed of time and money

I am a SAILOR and D3X like this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

I did not "attack him", we both left it alone amicably. Lol. I'm all for good suggestions, but unless it's a really good energy system, I WILL quit for sure.

6. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

All based on perception, right now playing more doesn't actually make your account any better. Skill wise, yes, of course, but beyond that your account barely improves. Before I quit, I had over 13500 games played, it didn't make a difference compared to players half my battle games who has paid 5000-10000 USD had way more epics than I had and achieved the same level of "infamy".

Personally I think Rovio messed up the F2P timescale compared to actual costs. I mean $$$ and time should equate to the same level or scale, at least within the same range. For example, if I spent 1 hour of grinding, maybe would equate to about $1 USD in the same scale of diamonds or something of that equivalent. Now if this was true, someone like Bunta's account would be approximately $75k USD, so that would mean you need to spend $75K USD worth in F2P equivalent in time, which is 75,000 Hours. That's about 8 years of playing 24/7. 8 Years to earn $75,000 USD? This 1hour to 1dollar USD isn't actually true (1:1), in reality, it's 2.5:1 ratio.

See where I'm getting at? The time required to grind and farm far exceeds reality.

Last edited: 12 Dec 2017
  7. GunnyHiGHway

GunnyHiGHway Member

If they add an energy system requiring spending energy to play, I will quit. Those games suck

8. GunnyHiGHway

GunnyHiGHway Member

What? What are you trying to say?

9. I am a SAILOR

I am a SAILOR New Member

10. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Cr has gold limit u can only get rewards for 20 matches per day.
    Coc has a very unique kind of limiting that whenever you are attacked by someone you get shield for 12hrs I think people usually don't break it.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  11. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Exactly. It doesn't limit you from playing, but gaining resources. The whole idea of this system is to make the overall game more generous, give out more items that balance out P2W but then limit resources from being gained after a certain number of games played. That's how those energy systems work.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  12. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

i haven't chimed in yet about the energy topic, but i think that is not a good idea and would actually be moving this game backwards. i don't think adding a restriction to this game is beneficial at all and will probably push even more players away.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. Crashedup

State of the f2p in the game
    1. We have to play with rares which are atleast 28-30% less powerful than epics
    ( Does not include training )
    2. Our training goes 20% slower.
    ( So that 28-30% ratio reaches upto 40% )
    3.Finding copies of epics is nightmare.
    4. Even if we do ( for ex we have 4 copies )
    It will take atleast 2.5 months to upgrade them (if you play 25-30 games a day) because shop system is a total loss.
    ( For ex 25 epics cost 325k = gold from 12 matches if you are in ace league)
    5. We get shafted in getting rewards from matches too because rewards from matches depend upon contribution and obviously my contribution will be low because my items do like 40% less of what p2w player item does.
    So more slow progress.
    6. My contribution to guild quest will be less as i don't have that 3rd guild quest selecting slot so in turn I will get less raffle pts more slow progress.
    7. Raffle quest depends on dmg dealt so more advantage to them.
    More slow progress.
    8. I have to watch silly ads to get better rewards.
    9. Game downloads the ad whether I want to watch it or not.
    ( Seriously give us an option to block those ad from being downloaded if I don't want to watch it.)
    10. Above 3k infamy ur matches solely depend on whether ur side of nightmare player is good or the unfriends one your contribution to the match is insignificant
    In short the matches are boring.
    I get less rewards less training underpowered weapons boring matches.
    So where does rovio draw line?

14. TheAntiSnipe

At least the RNG is better than War Robots.

15. Crashedup

I don't care if it's better than some stupid game that I have not played and won't play in future too.
    I solely care about what i am playing rn.
    And rn this game needs to improve drop rates of different items a lot.

16. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Game needs to improve RNG?
    If RNG is tampered with, it no longer becomes RNG, as will be fixed :)

Riddlerpaji, _devill and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  17. Crashedup

Really?
    Elaborate ur answer because the way I see it it just means probability and improving a probability of something doesn't mean fixing something

18. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Quoted from google search:
    RNG is a game term that is an acronym for "random number generator". Random number generators (or, more correctly, pseudorandom number generators) are algorithms used in computing when an outcome needs to be as random as possible.

If things are truly "random" then there is no way of improving any likely outcomes in the game.
    Although from the way certain parts are like rocking horse s**t I would be surprised if the game uses true RNG anyway :p

19. Crashedup

Rng I qouted is in context to everything in the game be it shop or be it getting different rarity items
    Only thing that is truly rng is combining pieces to get a items not the whole game
    Otherwise for a large amount of data we would have almost equal amount of every item which is not true for ex rarity of weapons or getting epic perks in shop or getting higher pack of epic parts (50 parts one ) pack In the shop

Babablacksheep and Ash KOT like this.
  20. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

So its not RNG which needs to be improved, as this is the element which applies to combining pieces.
    They need to increase the drop rate of the semi decent items to give us a better playing experience, I wouldn't argue with that :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.