1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The P2W (and Loot Box) Reckoning

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jammo, 5 Dec 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Hell no!!!!

2. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

I don't care about your opinions, it's just a thought. Move on

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

Lol. Okay. Want me to spell it out? The main part of this game's appeal to me is the fact that you CAN grind 24/7. If you suggest it, please tell me your match count. I bet you it is above 2000. Players need A LOT of practice to go up, and not so much when they DO go up in infamy. If you impose that limit, we'll see noobs all the way into Nightmare.
    PS. For that much stick, you need a BIG carrot. What's the perk?

Nikkie! likes this.
  4. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

You think I put that much thought into this, I'm just saying that the models of freemium that work which frankly many people here agreed with share these features. Of course implementation oughta be different in a game like BB but that doesn't mean it can't work. Just because I didn't think through fully the implementation of an energy system doesn't mean it can't happen. That said I'm not going to argue any further because like I said, I don't really care. It's just a thought. Thanks

5. TheAntiSnipe

Okay then.

Nikkie! likes this.
  6. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Yeah that energy is implemented in some games but in that game even most end game stuff are dropped in commom most crates not pieces direct items which you can use in battles or whatever you do in that game.
    Here RNG is so mean so unforgiving that duplicates never will appear for 8 months or a year. Like hell I got my first epic flare just now and I have scrapped enormous amount of mortars.
    If somehow I am out of energy and can't play game I would rather uninstall it than play it.

Last edited: 9 Dec 2017
    noelips and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  7. H.A.D.E.S

H.A.D.E.S Well-Known Member

I am with you all on this topic. :)

8. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

The more potent option for F2P players would be conducting different competitions every month or 2 month or so.
    Scaling ships and weapons and battling for rewards. Here only skill wins with some luck factor. That will be platform for F2P to earn some decent gear. Every player gets 5 chances to climb up the ladder, like 10 matches to earn a epic item if you lose 3 times you're done and if you want to re-enter pay pearls 100 or something.

Mr. Chompers, *JAWS*, MarkJ87 and 2 others like this.
  9. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

What if they buffed the rewards you get at the end of each game but only for a certain amount of games. Like 30. Then if you want infinite rewards a day you get vip. And after you do 30 battles you get a rare item. Meaning you get extra rewards and a rare item for doing 30 battles a day but no more rewards after that.

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  10. GunnyHiGHway

GunnyHiGHway Member

Belgium just made loot boxes in games illegal because it is a form of gambling. Spending REAL money for random rewards is gambling and countries are beginning to make it illegal. This is a great step forward!! loot boxes with random rewards are cancer to gaming. It needs to end!!

11. GunnyHiGHway

GunnyHiGHway Member

Belgium has already declared loot boxes in gaming to be a form of Gambling and has made it illegal to charge real life money for in game lootboxes.

Help I Cant Swim and *JAWS* like this.
  12. TheAntiSnipe

Well, "lootboxes" can be bought without spending. That's a big loophole, imo.
    @The Grim Repair penny for your thoughts?

Nikkie! likes this.
  13. I am a SAILOR

I am a SAILOR New Member

well as expected even after 5 days nd 52 posts later not a word from the dev.s

14. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Great idea. Sniper Assassin shooter game uses this idea with difderent difficulty levels for specialty weapons and as a way to improve your game play.

Devs can u look into this game?
    Over 3/4ths of all weapons and items in the game can be acheived thru free play. All else thru spending. Spending to speed up training or get extra rare hard to find weapons.
    And multiple areanas and levels that only open up as a person improves.
    This game has a mucg larger player base then battle bay. And same devs then transferred much of that player base into game castle crush.
    Most players of game 1 play game 2 and spend money on both.
    Why. Because the free model works well. Game is fun even free. And the spending on these games makes sense and helps you improve. Ie you can choose exactly the weapon u want when your level warrants purchassing it. Even castle crush the best itrms are for purchase.
    Get rid of the gambling rng model. And increse your fan player base. Make more advertisement money and more purchases will happen

Mr. Chompers, D3X and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  15. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Last edited: 11 Dec 2017
  16. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

What's the point of grinding 24/7 though when you never achieve what the whales get? You'll get 1/1000 or less than a paying customer does.

Even if you can play BB like a job, 8 hours a day, 7 days a week indefinitely (I would say this is more than grinding). To get to where Banderas or Bunta is in this game would still take about 100 years...that's slightly more than one human lifetime.

I guess you skipped my thread earlier with the breakdown.

There is no benefit for being allowed to grind 24/7.

What @Miku Da Yo 39 suggests is an alternate method that other games have utilised to help progression.

Last edited: 11 Dec 2017
  17. TheAntiSnipe

Well, giving a half-baked idea is not encouraged. He didn't elaborate on his idea. Hypothetically, IF they add an energy system, what changes do you suggest to the existing framework of the game?

Nikkie! likes this.
  18. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

see my post.....

it wouldn't be smart for them to comment on this because it could have major financial/legal ramifications. i guarantee you that every single dev and mvp has read this thread and they probably knew about this issue/trend far before this thread was posted. my guess (and what i would do if i was in their shoes) is wait until they are legally obligated to change the loot box model. that gives them the maximum amount of time to research and plan how the game will be structured.

i could very easily see 1 of 2 things happening then.

either they will make a major change to battle bay and it will bring in a small amount of return/new players. these players likely would not stick around for long once they realize that the whales are already too far ahead to ever be caught, no matter what the new model looks like.

or.... (what i predict and what i would do)
    they will bail on battle bay since it will have lost its "new game luster" and start a new game with the new model. this would start everyone from the beginning and allow the model to play out how it should instead of people permanently trying to catch up to the whales. based on rovio's game history with making so many angry birds games, i will not be surprised if the new game is "battle bay 2". honestly, i could see that being a huge success. they will have a game that they know is extremely popular. and if you combine that with a better purchasing model... that is a recipe for an extremely popular, long-lasting game.

so here's to hoping for battle bay 2. :p

I am a SAILOR likes this.
  19. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Well @Miku Da Yo 39 was only giving suggestions. Theres been a ton of well baked suggestions on this forum, and at this point I don't think Rovio has considered to reduce the amount of loot boxes or RNG in the game; either by financial decisions or because of previous directorial decisions. Either way, any suggestion to look at a valid system that is implored in other similar progression game is a valid one.

Babablacksheep and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  20. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Energy which limits the amount of time we can play has to be the worst idea I have read since I have joined here.
    The appeal of this game is I can pick it whenever I want and play for as long as I want.
    If I had "you are out of energy for today, wait 3 hours for 1 energy to play another game or replenish all energy for 20 pearls" etc then that would be a sorry end to the game for me.
    No offence to @Miku Da Yo 39 , its great we can all throw ideas out, brainstorm and thrash out solutions and improvements between us, this one in particular is just a huge no from me.

The Grim Repair and Mr. Chompers like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.