1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

stop putting low levels on my team !!!! they are not helping at all ........

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by rock3r, 7 Dec 2017.

1. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

If people hadn't been trying to body-block for me so much, this would have been a triple kill easily. ;)

mini_mk1.jpg

2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

waaaahhhhhh!!! i can't get my way!
    spidermancry.gif

3. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Taking a quick look at the matchup, your speeder is showing 0's across the board, so they probably got caught out and blown up fast. Starting from a 4v5 is never a good situation. In the larger picture, you're running two torpedos, two mortars, and only one regular Cannon. At close range, I'd probably be able to 1v1 you in my Fixer; if those two Speeders on the enemy team decide to pick on you, you'll get shredded in a hurry. I'd say drop that Swift Torp unless it's on the verge of being evolved, and fit a Blast Cannon instead.

I see you've got 1.25m sugar saved - was that for pending crew training, or for upgrading that gear?

Ash KOT likes this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Hey, I know you! I 1v1ed you once in a mk4 speeder with rudder and turbo as blues. Yup, you have really bad prediction to shoot your torpedoes. I didn't even have a tesla bolt on me. Damage depot, in the waiting area. You were focussing too much on hitting my speeder when you could have used the environment just as well. Also, you switch to mortars when they are not needed. When fighting speeders only, never change to mortars. It's not only futile, it is also bad for timing. Precious milliseconds are lost when you change guns.

5. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Although publicly highlighting his mistakes probably wasn't the best way to go about this, at least the OP can now analyse his own game and see where he is going wrong to brush up his play style to better support his team and ultimately, get better results.

6. TheAntiSnipe

I was being constructive and not abusive, so I guess it's okay? Because I see many shooters make these mistakes.

7. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Tongue in cheek mate, just pulling your leg :)
    If I was in the OP's shoes I would be thanking you for highlighting the problems and see what I could do to take the info on board and improve.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

0's across the board is not participating at all. Even when one gets jumped a shooter has 5 guns to aim at at least one of the 5 unfriendlies.

9. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

In a speeder, it is very possible to end the game on a 0 and not be floating, especially if the loadout is very reliant on torps or you try to flank only to run into the whole enemy team :D

10. TheAntiSnipe

Btw, do you have that thing with memory? I mean, never forgetting a name and style for a player?

11. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Not EVERY player, but there are a few that stick in my mind.
    Or when you get melted in a game and find the same opponent a week later, and in your head you are laughing "payback time!"
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 8 Dec 2017
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

Lol love the mk1 out shooting mk4s man. Iv done it on my mini fixer alot! Screenshot_20171114-125148.png

13. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I'm quite looking forward to the New and Improved Mk2 ships at Lv10

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. TheAntiSnipe

Mk2 speeder is great! Fixer is o.k.

15. HectorBarbossa

HectorBarbossa Member

Engineering Data Analyst
    it show you the matchmaking working.. I was a loser in previous battle, in next battle I was grouped with losers as well (by checking the damage we made). And Rovio says the matchmaking logic is already good. is it?

16. TheAntiSnipe

It means that your team was badly commanded and did not work together, which, by the way, is the only thing that matters. I've taken out two-fixer teams with a mk3 speeder in the 500s on my mini ID. If you are losing, it's not the matchmaking that is to blame. Learn some more, get good. One day, you'll laugh at this thread.

17. TheAntiSnipe

18. HectorBarbossa

HectorBarbossa Member

Engineering Data Analyst
    Hi, I know you too as a very good speeder. yes, I am bad in using torpedos. The reson I brought both torps is to complete the guild quest.

Thank you for the tips, I will try to catch up the gap. About the matchmaking.. It is still bad, I had a battle with all opponent were speeders (even we won at that time), another battle we have to face 3 fixers while no fixer on our side, why the game logic can’t balancing the ship we used? that’s why I said the matchmaking is bad.

19. TheAntiSnipe

Well, if there aren't that many people playing at the time you enter the queue, stupid stuff like 0-2 fixers tends to happen. It's just pure bad luck.
    https://replay.battlebay.net/NLWBHHPX

Matches like this one happen all the time. Unfair, yes, but you get to learn stuff from them most of the time. Look at the tapes, if you lose. It helps point out holes in your strategy. I aspire to be the best speeder on the bay, and maybe outdo Blacktail one day. This helps.

20. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with it being ‘rigged’. Watch the replay: https://replay.battlebay.net/NXWQJBVD

The reasons you lost are because, firstly, the defender advanced on his own and got beaten up 5v1. Secondly, you let him do it, and didn’t provide any support. And, thirdly, your speeder got hit by a lucky torpedo early on, which drained half his HP, and also splashed one of the shooters.

In summery: bad decision, bad teamwork, bad luck.

None of that has anything to do with matchmaking. Matchmaking doesn’t guide torpedoes to some evil agenda. Matchmaking didn’t sit back and watch your defender get killed on his own.

Damage is meaningless. You didn’t lose because your team couldn’t put out enough damage. It was more like: your team couldn’t put out enough damage because you were already losing.

Snapshot likes this.