1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why are there no measures in place against AFKers?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Miathan, 22 May 2017.

1. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

:D:D:D:D

2. RangerCA

RangerCA Member

Shouldn't be hard to implement. The server can tell when a client is connected or not, so if they crash (ahem), get a call etc. then it can simply show a DC'd marker above the player much like they "TOGETHER!" icons appear above a player. Some games even have icons for lag above players so you can know they're have trouble and not just playing poorly.

Would be nice to have those things since I feel absolutely no ill will towards players who suffer technical difficulties. I don't care what game I'm playing, I would never knowingly report someone if they have legitimate problems and not just exploiting a ranking system. I couldn't imagine anyone else doing it either, but hey, learn something new every day...

dikshift likes this.
  3. Mr squiqqle

if you can't imagine anyone else do reporting out of spite or anger then you obviously haven't looked at the global chat. Before global release, the global chat was a lot more "good game" and "we tried" where now it's all abuse about poor play and anything else you can think of. People are trash, and want to blame EVERYONE else for their losses.. so the reporting system would be flooded with false reports... How do the Devs filter through that?

4. RangerCA

RangerCA Member

Mr Squiggle said:
    "if you can't imagine anyone else do reporting out of spite or anger then you obviously haven't looked at the global chat. Before global release, the global chat was a lot more "good game" and "we tried" where now it's all abuse about poor play and anything else you can think of. People are trash, and want to blame EVERYONE else for their losses.."

Heh. Nothing ruins a good in game chat like global launch!

"so the reporting system would be flooded with false reports... How do the Devs filter through that?"

I think it's safe to say in that realm of the topic there really is no solution. Pretty much up to the players to devs they are a false positive at that point. Anything can look great on paper, but once we add other humans it all goes down the toilet from there, doesn't it? ;P

Mr squiqqle likes this.
  5. Anomalix

Anomalix Member

maxresdefault.jpg
    you had me at "Any PvP game that takes itself seriously"...

6. Raissa tito safaraz

Raissa tito safaraz Active Member

You guys take this really really serious. You know what? Those guys that afk are because something important and not human mistake for example called by someone, get a call, bad internet connection etc. see, those are not human mistake! Do you ever get afk because you suddenly feel bored or something? I never afk because of that.

We are human not a god! We can make mistake

Mr squiqqle likes this.
  7. Anomalix

Anomalix Member

Some are repeat afker's, those are the issue, shit happens we get it, but repeat offenders must be dealt with. I have never been AFK in 4 months 4000 + matches, don't start a game if you expect your boss to walk in your office...

Miathan likes this.
  8. Raissa tito safaraz

Me too! I have never been afk until now and now my total battle is 370

9. Mr squiqqle

I hate afk players as much as the next, and try damn hard not to afk. Yet today I had a game where I was afk forost of it, due to me having a breathing episode of not being able to breathe... So I had no choice. I agree the serial afk players need to be banned, but until they do it it several times how do you know that's what they're doing? And the Devs don't make an announcement every time they ban someone, so we don't know when action has been take. Maybe we need to stop complaining so much, but instead quietly send messages to a Dev in regards to a complaint about it...

10. Raissa tito safaraz

yes we must stop complaining. devs have said that they ban some people because afk in their reply in this post

Mr squiqqle likes this.
  11. Razerx100

Razerx100 Member

How about, when someone doesn't move for 30-45 seconds, remove them and then add someone else in their place? No punishment

12. Ikethelord3

Ikethelord3 New Member

Then you would have matches where some one goes AFK because they're losing and whoever replaces them gets stuck in a game that's already lost. The best solution i could propose would be to replace them with a bot that keeps their ship/loadout but scales it's AI based on the person's infamy. But then there'd be points where the high end AI are either too good and win games alone, or are still bad and makes you almost wish the AFK was still there.

13. Mr squiqqle

Or people could just suck it up and deal with it? It's a game. There is no real life rewards for winning or getting to the top. There is no endgame. It's meant to be a strategic, PvP game.. but seemingly, no one wants to lose.. add bots?? Why?! So we can win EVERY Battle? That's no fun. I guess no-one is taught good sportsmanship anymore and how to lose gracefully...

mammoth1946 likes this.
  14. Anomalix

Anomalix Member

Make it all fleet or guild base combat, who will party up with AFKers? 3vs3 all fleet, 5vs5 guild only, but for that, you need to either greatly increase guild members maximum or have an alliance option for guilds, we got 10 Team Canada guilds now, alliance with them would be awesome.

15. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Eh, what? If you want strategy and sportsmanship, you should be in favor of anti-AFK, not against it. Being AFK is not sportsmanship, and all strategy goes out the window because it becomes a number game. Enemy has more ships --> enemy wins.

16. Mr squiqqle

They don't always win. It just means your team having to work that little bit harder. If someone on you football team is injured and there's no replacement, you don't cry unfair. You try your best anyway. And this is JUST a game...

Stelmo likes this.
  17. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    It is not hard to implement afk reporting. Many games do it well; they don't need to reinvent wheel. If enough players report a repeated afk'er, they get an appropriate ban. Done.

Miathan likes this.
  18. Mr squiqqle

But who has to sort through and confirm all these reports? Remember, there is at least 1milliin battle bay accounts... Not necessarily all active, but which one of the team of 12 or so Devs gets that fun-sounding job?

19. Dodey

Dodey New Member

thats why people like you have no business playing games in the first place. This is a gamers world and you obviously arent one.

Miathan likes this.
  20. Dodey

Dodey New Member

i second that max punishment. if your have connection issues is a players problem and they need to switch to wifi or not play at all. we spend real mon ey and dont wanna deal with afkers. i went from 800 to 430 in 10 games due to afkers. Im a paying customer so fix this now

Miathan likes this.