1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove carronade from raffle quest

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by ColdOne, 30 Nov 2017.

Tags:
  1. ColdOne

ColdOne Active Member

Its just a idea and dont make this a salty topic. In my opinion there are three options, option 1 remove the carronade from the raffle quest. Option 2, the damage thats needs to be done with carronade needs to go down alot. Option 3, buff the carronade so its better to use. Buff range, buff damage.

The reason why im starting this topic is, because its the second time my guild gets carronade mission at the very hard board. We need to do 1500k and thats alot of damage for a carronade. If you have alot of Speeders in your guild its possible but it will take more time then any other quest, besides the carronade talent are in the same talent tree as many other speeder talents. So thats a problem and because a speeder can use weapons that are way better, they never gonna use carronade talent.

Problem two im playing shooter, so i can only use carronade if my team decides to attack instead of playing defensive. So most of the game even if i win, i never use the carronade. Its just a lost slot on my boat.

My conclusion is that the carronade quest is way harder then every other quest. So if you get the quest you have a big disadventage. Speeders/enforcer need to retrain there crew, shooter needs to take alot of risk to even hit somebody. Defenders just dont use the weapons its just not possible. This is just when you saved your carronades only for this quest.

(Sorry for some incorrect sentences and grammar, english is not my main languages)

2. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

We have never got off the hard board but I agree its always the same few quests which hold you back.
    Carronade, Napalm, Missile are the worst offenders in our guild, but thats probably as none of us have decent variants!
    The unfair thing is where other guilds have different challenges, if they get the bad challenges early on, they have a much smoother ride which isnt really fair.
    Like its a huge difference getting Carronade on board 1, and board 3.

Nikkie! and ColdOne like this.
  3. ColdOne

ColdOne Active Member

Yeah i agree, forget to say we only get stuck at carronade quest. We are always using X5 boosts. Normally (without carronade quest) we complete between 50 to 55 quests.

4. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Our best is 31 but most of our guild are 1000 infamy or lower, you guys are obviously a bit more developed :)
    Same problem exists though, our players could never clear the hard carronade challenge, it just isnt possible.

Nikkie! and ColdOne like this.
  5. ColdOne

ColdOne Active Member

Yeah we are between 2000 till 4100 infamy. Its indeed unfair because every guild gets difference quests.

6. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Yeah thats the point I made above.

I think all guilds in the same rivalry should get the same boards right through.

ColdOne likes this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

@The Grim Repair please tell us the logic behind different boards for guilds in the same rivalry? It hurts. Though our guild just quit questing because the rewards are too bad for that much effort xD.

Nikkie! likes this.
  8. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Nah! Carronade is tough for some guilds, mortar are tough for others. If it is random is also fair :D

9. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Reroll guild quests for pearls. Solves issues and generates more revenue for devs.

TheFixer27 and Taevion0 like this.
  10. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    The idea of the guild update is for you to be diverse with your weapons. Keep your weapons from now on.

Ok

Nikkie! and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  11. Tirth2_

Tirth2_ Well-Known Member

Stop complaining and fight hard for those tokens!

TheFixer27 likes this.
  12. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Bandaid fix rather than just fixing the underlying problem.
    --
    Remove all specific weapon quests and replace them with something thats less destructive of the core gameplay experience.

13. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

It can be easily done by replacing the weapon specific quest by
    1. Weapon grouping quest.
    For ex point damage and aoe.
    Or canons quest or mortar quests or incidenary weapons quests.
    2. Introduce dmg by combo quests like fire combo and freeze combos.

TheFixer27 likes this.
  14. Kitterini

Yes! Plenty of suggestions has already been given to devs, time will tell if they agree or not :)
    I'm surprised that highlights and guild quests got added in the same patch, but had zero crossover.

15. Kitterini

A fun everyday example from the Bay:
    We have Cannon Quest om board4 - Thats 1.5million Damage with a weapon is practically useless at m6. We are lucky and have 2-3 players that atleast has kept their decently leveled ones.

But still farming 1.5 million whilst hitting for 400 a hit is not a 2 man job. So now Im playing with my lvl 10 Cannon to help as much as I can.
    The problem?
    The difference between using a weapon and a wet noodle is quite large - Infamy in Nightmare (outside of the top 50, i.e. 5500+ infamy) is worthless, so I put on my Cannon and eat the 500+ infamy loss.

No big deal for me, but I can Imagine that my teammates that are fed loses arent too pleased.
    I dont get how these quests made it past the first wave of Quest fixing - But there is still time.

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  16. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I'm curious why Canon is not used in higher leagues? Legendary L1 Canon hits 442 damage, which is higher than Sniper at 413. Sure Sniper can go farther and with perks and training a 30-50% crit it increases damage, but it still falls short of Canon's ability to fire twice as often and arc higher over waves. Perks can have it go as far as most mortars, get the crit chance 15%, and the projectile speed makes a cakewalk of medium range kills. Whenever it is out of my lineup I'm frequently waiting for item cooldowns more than I am used to.

It's not like Carronade... I had a guy with 75 points left, fired my epic T1 Carronade figuring at 44 per projectile he'd be dead... oh how wrong I was. A guildmate has a T2 Epic with training and if he gets 100 per hit he's happy. Try to get 1.5M that way. Like a mine, Carronade it's more of a circumstance weapon

17. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Simple words :- Burst damage matters there,also it is filled speeders.So you get only one chance to hit,Have to make sure you hut them hard!

18. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I can buy that for speeders. Shooters have a bunch of other weapon slots though... I typically load up with at least 2 other big damage weapons, that way I can blast a speeder still be able to use the canon while those items cool down.

19. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

You could also run a DPS build with crit cannon and big torp upto Ace 2 or Ace 1 at best.