1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why make it so difficult to change specs?

Discussion in 'The World of Battle Bay' started by w@x, 25 Nov 2017.

?

Would you like to see it easier to change specs?

1. Yes

95.5%
  2. No

4.5%
  1. w@x

w@x Member

With the increase in game diversity; changing boats, weapons, etc. Why is it still so difficult to change specs? It takes a whole day of waiting to switch over from sniper to blast cannon, which doubly sucks because that's a whole day wasted not training a new talent. Let alone if I want to change more than that weapon (And that's not counting the time it takes to switch back). Perks cost resources to switch around, (Going from damage to +Fire damage).

All in all it's a pain and I don't understand why it was even in the game to begin with. Developers always like to say "Oh it creates "meaningful" choices for players in game..." Yeahhhhhhh no. The meaningful choice there is what to do while I am waiting around all day to play the game how I want to play it.

EASIER SPEC CHANGES PLEASE! EZ MODE CHANGE!

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Ayy! We need that feature! @CaffeinatedChris calling you up for MVP duties, yo!

3. Scott Sutherland

Scott Sutherland New Member

Retired
    I agree. There should be a reset or a way you can go and put the items that you want. Have a cost or something or whatever

4. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Double spec is the answer. Retraining in each tree could be slightly faster than currently, training would work the same as today, but change from one spec to another would only cost 10-20 pearls.

5. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Haha. That is painfully true.

6. Scott Sutherland

Scott Sutherland New Member

Retired
    Awesome idea

7. WaveMaker

WaveMaker Active Member

Especially with guild quests....if i need to change specs for the easy bracket it's too late and most teammates will knock it out. Once you've earned the tech tree you should be able to rearrange the skills with no penalty time or resource wise....or the tech tree should just be remade so as not to have opposing skill set limits.

8. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

Might be an unfavourable solution considering sugar is hard to grind at the best of times. I'd suggest that with a tier being unlocked for each character, you could also pay a small training fee for each other skill(s) on the same tier to simultaneously unlock them. You would obviously still only have 1 active bonus per tier but would permit you to switch freely.

9. WaveMaker

WaveMaker Active Member

I think you were on to something...How about a slight variation: Players could choose to add the opposing skills on the talent tree by using pearls, sugar or gold. This way they can have all the skills available at their choice of grinding additional resources.

Scourge Argaen likes this.
  10. w@x

w@x Member

Dual spec! Sure! Penta-spec (spec per boat) sure! 1 free change per day sure! Choosing the resource to use, sure! I would be happy with any of these, some more than others, but any would be awesome.

I thought this would be much more of a hot topic but I guess many people stick with their favorite set up? It frustrated me even before the guild quest update sometimes wanting to melee, sometimes range, sometimes heal. Ends up with you switching to a boat that you know is not min/max just for a change of pace. I mean even if someone mains enforcer, gets a legendary big torpedo and has to use it on another boat (well doesnt HAVE to but you know what I mean), wouldn't you want to make it easy for them to switch things over so they can enjoy their new shiny pwning item?

FirnenAhead likes this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Yes, some people just stick to one ship. I was a mean defender starting up, then I was a deadeye shooter, then I became a fixer(post watching hacksaw ridge), and finally reached speeder. Now working on a passable tanky enfo setup.

12. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

A good option would be if it stayed exactly how it is (with 1 time retraining for 1h/25 pearls), but there was an additional option to ‘fully’ train skills more than once (meaning the full 1d+ training).

This type of ‘re’-training wouldn’t net you any additional XP, but afterwards you would be able to switch whenever you want for free (and preferably while other training is running).

Sometimes, I don’t have a lot sugar when my training ends. I’d rather spend it retraining some low level stuff that I ‘might’ like to use, rather than advancing crew that I don’t use at all.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. Masterlao

Masterlao New Member

I feel like if you could just retrain talents while your already training someone, this wouldn't be a problem

14. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Yet another thread about the most glaring flaw in the current game. Still no dev response.