1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf sniper!!!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Zusay, 25 Nov 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Dude, I’m out of this discussion with you, I’ll just ignore. You are being totally arrogant. This is a forum, we all can share are thoughts and ideias. Sometimes when in conflict, we can find a mid term, but no.. not with you.

I’ve putted myself at your perspective, I just don’t agree. I’ll also say that most of the BB palyers won’t. But that how is it, people think different ways. I’m also not asking you to agree with me and say that I’m right.

And for your concern, I’ve been playing this game since version 1.0. My first ship was an Enfo. Then I migrated to shooter, which is my main ship, and elso used a speeder MK6 in nightmare league, so.. yeah, I know what I’m talking about. I’ve felt tons of differences when using ships with no yellow slots, I could easely flee almost everything with Enfo or speeder.

Disguised and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

That would, in my opinion, hurt sniper cannon users more. I said it before, you should have 100% of the sniper cannon's devastating damage at it's full and mid-range. But close range? No. Never.

3. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    Boss mode activated?

Disguised and Eeyore like this.
  4. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Well, he asked for it lol

5. TheAntiSnipe

Don't quit this discussion, we need all the expertise we get. Also, I can do that too. But you should see the state Ace is in right now. I play in Ace 3, and every time I attempt to duel someone, they seem to have epuc t3 sniper cannons or better, with all crit chance perks, of course. I have 3.3k HP, but think of those poor mk4 speeders just in master 1, when the season begins. I've been oneshot by a legendary t2 as a master div 1 player with the mk4. I'll say it again, my friend, in Nightmare, the sniper cannon requires skill, but in early ace and late master...fish in a barrel.

Eeyore likes this.
  6. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    You can't use real life examples to prove a point about a video game... Also, technically we are talking about sniper vs. Ship, not against a person. It wouldn't actually do anything to the ship lol

LimeOnMars and A55A51N like this.
  7. Uerguy

Uerguy Well-Known Member

Shooting torps and cannons.
    I know how that feels, but it's mostly because there's a bunch of seal clubbers and all that unfair stuff. I remember back when I still in master league, a seal clubbers with a tier 5 epic sniper came in and wrecked us all.

8. TheAntiSnipe

See, what I'm saying is, a weapon so devastatingly powerful at long range should not, by game logic, be as powerful at short range. Realistically speaking, I just make clever use of nitro and bullet counting to make sure my opponent is unable to fire. But let's not forget that some people won't be able to. This particular weapon can hit for upto 1.6k damage in a single lucky bullet in the hands of your average shooter. At point blank, with damn near zero evasion chance, this is to much.

A55A51N likes this.
  9. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I feel you buddy, I’ve been there. The way you feel about this is how I feel about flare + ec, which I think that is even worse then the criticals. I have 5800 HP only, in nightmare.. i take shots of snipers that hit 1.8k and explosives that hit 2.2k.. I can easely die with two shots! I’ve been trying to get an epic big shield FOR MONTHS and I still don’t get any.

Except for the explosive combo, I try to use what the game has to reduce the damage. Big shield with DEFENSE perks. Yes - I don’t use the HP perks. I believe that I can gain much more by evolving the tier of the shield and adding my epics defense perks. I’ll get more HP and take less dmg shots.

What do I mean ? Just keep moving forward bud. I know that the game nowadays is more difficult to improve your gear, but, THATS what separates you from the ace and nightmare league. As you said, for lower level ships not fully evolved, they feel more the shots, but it’s total acceptable with high level ships at nightmare, so where we can find a problem ? In the damage itself or at us? For most ppl it’s hard to admit that the problem is themselves. I’m talking this but not including EXEPTIONS as combos.

10. TheAntiSnipe

Also, guys, if someone says something offensive, don't reply, we don't want this thread closed for this reason like so many before it.

11. TheAntiSnipe

Aye, that's what I do. I'm not that easy to kill either. Made ace with t3 and t2 and vanilla rares against peeps with levelled epics and legendaries. But I think we should improve this for those mid level peeps who keep getting oneshot. This is my opinion, I personally dont want it nerfed, it gets my adrenaline up.

12. TheAntiSnipe

Also, at this thread, we are trying to nerf it in such a way that those using it for what it was designed aren't affected. But those using it as a substitute for close combat weps are affected. That's why I said we need advice from the real deal: People specializing in long range sniper cannon use

A55A51N likes this.
  13. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

The game could include level and ship parameters to limitate weapon damage. I mean, a level 15 ship MK2, even with an legendarie sniper should never be capable of doing full damage. If that happened, you would fight people from your league with damage dealers compatible with ppls HP of the match.

14. TheAntiSnipe

But the problem in that case becomes two things:
    1. Speeders, enfos, defenders and fixers, by virtue of low number of wep slots, need more powerful guns.
    2. Due to the guild rivalry update, many legendaries are floating aroung ace 3 and master 1 from f2p players as well. This would cause a problem since they are clearly not skilled enough to use them well.

Eeyore likes this.
  15. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

If this could be real, none users would be affected by a real nerf, but only a temporary limitation, since he can upgrade crew members, gain XP and level and improve damage dealing.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Perfect !
    That’s why I told ya that it should consider ships PARAMETERS and LEVEL. Since defenders has less slots, they could have the damage capability higher than other ships at same level :)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. TheAntiSnipe

I gave that suggestion when there was no governance for seal clubbing, and the reply I got was something along the lines of, "We upgrade to get more infamy, this system will remove the relevance of infamy altogether." Being a new member, I didn't question it much. What would you say?

18. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I’d say that no, infamy isn’t consequence of upgrading or legendary users, it’s consequence of skills, strategy, team working ability, well knowing map areas and spots . I’ve seen some MK5 shooter players above 4k, which I consider rare and difficult to achieve. And yes, they aren’t easy opponents.

And I also don’t see why such limitation would remove the relevance of infamy.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. TheAntiSnipe

I didn't either! Well, I'm leaving this discussion for now, exam prep to do. xD

20. Admiral DJ

Admiral DJ Well-Known Member

As a heavy sniper user I can see how it might be strong. I’m all for making a game more balanced so everyone can enjoy it more. One of the tricky things about this game is how difficult it is to get sets of weapons. All it takes is one accidental overnerf to completely ruin someone’s set up and force them to drop hundreds of infamy points before they can get a new weapon to hold their own. That is something I’m sure the developers know and are keeping in mind and is a main reasoning for their cautious nerfs. I can see both sides of the argument. But I think people overlook the difficulties of getting weapon sets when asking for a nerf. It’s a tough situation for free to play guys or anyone below 3000 infamy. I’m not saying there shouldn’t be nerfs, just that it’s harder to nerf in a game like this than one would expect and we need to be careful with how hard we hit things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.