1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Are Mines OP?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Winkleberry5, 6 Jun 2017.

1. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

Honestly I would like it if there was a slight delay before the mine explodes. So if a speeder goes through full speed, it won't be hit in the middle of the blast, receiving less damage, more friendly for speeders. This wouldn't really affect any other ship either.

2. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    ... y notify me

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I wanted ya to know what that 'ok' feels like lol. Sorry. It was fun tho.

4. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Lol @Gnu keep spraying those 'OKs',I always imagine that face of profile pic saying OK.It suits you the best

5. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

Indeed

6. noelips

noelips Member

I agree with what you've said. But this is definitely part of my strategy:

"When you are forced out into the open or a close range battle has begun, anytime you get a chance, toss a mine somewhere. When there is nothing else to fire at anyone or you're shot is blocked, toss a mine somewhere."

It looks like I'm blindly spamming mines but the tactic normally works as intended. It restricts enemy movement, forces the enemy to stay a distance or charge cautiously, helps (me) in leading shots and increases the chance of getting a mine hit. In close range battle most don't seem to realize what's going on until the 3rd mine or so...

Mines are a passive weapon. Most are going to avoid them. But it's all in how you use the mine that's still left on the field.

7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

My biggest gripe with mines is that they mess with your own team just as much as they do the unfriends.

If I see mines, and I don’t know who laid them, then I have to avoid them, which messes with my game. It might mean I don’t make it where I need to be, or I end up taking damage because my escape route is blocked. If they’re unfriend mines then fair enough, but if it’s my own team it’s just infuriating.

I think friendly mines could ‘at least’ show up as green pixels on the map. I don’t think this would change the balance much, as anyone cautious enough to check the map, rotate it in their head, and figure out which pixel corosponds to a mine, will definitely be cautious enough to avoid it. But this will provide a way to not get screwed over by your own team.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

The irony of having to make a detour and later realizing those were your mates mines

Star.Nova likes this.
  9. Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat Well-Known Member

Its better to be safe then sorry...

10. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

Happens a lot to me that i test a mine if it'll explodes lol