1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf sniper!!!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Zusay, 25 Nov 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Sniper is definitely a hotly debated issue, and while I do think it is currently the #1 item in the game, I don't think it needs to be anything less. However, the fact that so many threads have been created asking for its nerf despite a huge amount of players using it definitely means something. I'd rather just see a smaller nerf to sniper cannon, one that would take it down a notch while still leaving it as a top 3 item in the game. Maybe reduce crit max to 40%, or have crit damage -25/50% etc.
    Ps: I only own 1 rare sniper :)

Last edited: 25 Nov 2017
    TheAntiSnipe and Babablacksheep like this.
  2. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

All threads created by same group of people (3 of them Are fixed)NO OFFENCE!!.It was when Zusay created it i was intrested to see what he had to say

Zusay and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  3. ScreechingHotDog

ScreechingHotDog New Member

Reload time nerf seems acceptable. Most
    people won t mind it, i guess.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  4. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    I have no problem with duplicate threads like ones for sniper, as long as they are not back to back or in same few day span lol. Just saying that sniper definitely needs a look bc all these people against it means something for sure.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

No I use sniper I love it and will hate it getting nerfed but honestly I think the crit chance more than 40% is just ridiculous.
    See it this way, ever played a sniper game when you are far and scope in you get max accuracy but when enemy is up close you can't scope in and thus accuracy reduces. Similar mechanism should be applied here. More distance more chance or max crit that you have with perks and talents, less distance less critical chance irrespective of perks and point blank zero percent critical damage.

Zusay, TheAntiSnipe and A55A51N like this.
  6. w@x

w@x Member

That actually would be pretty awesome. But I do think these dudes are blowing the sniper out of proportion. When it doesn't crit, it's a gimped regular cannon lol

Babablacksheep likes this.
  7. Babablacksheep

Exactly,Worse than it actually.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. Shadow Moon!

But the fact is it can crit 3 times consecutively I use it done it on more than one occasion.

9. ScreechingHotDog

What assassin said makes more sensible. But I doubt it will get executed. A sniper getting a crit is RNG and the probability of this RNG gets reduced with distance. Idk if this is possible, but what do I know. Anyway its upto the devs.

10. Babablacksheep

Depends on RNG and your awesome luck

11. w@x

w@x Member

Have you ever gotten a few good hands in a row playing poker? What about going on a crazy win streak in Battle Bay, what happens after? The stats even out and you will go on a losing streak afterwards. Same with the Sniper. I've gotten a bunch of crits in a row some games, others I've gotten barely any and it feels like I'm smacking them with a wet noodle.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. ScreechingHotDog

Very true. Considering I have a 23 percent crit, everytime it does nt crit I m like meh, ok whatever. If it does crit, I feel pure joy, cause its a rarity by itself lol. And this happens 1 in a game, IF I m lucky

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

looking back through my battles i realised that at very low infamies everyone uses blast cannon not sniper, well because everyone want to do more damage and crew training buffs bc more at lower levels. for a nerf u have to take this into perspective.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Except it’s not, because you can still ping people from outside thier range. So before the battle even starts the unfriends are damaged.

Such a low risk, high accuracy, weapon, probably should hit like a wet noodle (that would be balanced). Low risk - low reward. At the moment it’s the complete reverse of that.

15. vis1234567899

but then battle cannon barely crits anyway and when it does i dont need it to

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. Shadow Moon!

I started using sniper when I was 5k games or something near that now I am at about 7.5k games. Do you mean 2,3 games = 2500 games?

17. vis1234567899

i have played 2600matches never used sniper cannon

18. ScreechingHotDog

You gotta pump those numbers up. Those are rookie numbers.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Wow! That's a record!
    Lol!
    Also, I agree with the crit nerf. Another possibility would be to reduce projectile speed, making skill a factor when firing.

20. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I don't even care if sniper gets nerfed or not. I'm just afraid of some other random nerfs they'll do to balance nerfed snipers

All sniper crit talents and perks reduced by 50%.
    All blast cannon damage talents reduced to 5%
    Explosive cannon impact damage reduce to 50%
    Standard cannon base reload increased to 8 seconds.
    Fire talents reduced to 2.5%

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.