1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf sniper!!!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Zusay, 25 Nov 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I have a feeling there's a bit of confirmation bias here; I'm betting if you review the game you'll find that a lot of shots missed you while you were on the throttle, but the ones that hit are the ones that stand out because you're remembering them now.

In my opinion, the long-range damage isn't the problem, and players who can lead and hit a moving target at that distance deserve the chance to punish. That's the raison d'etre of "sniper" style weapons in any game; this one however lacks the up-close drawbacks of, say, packing an AWP in Counter-Strike.

Again, part of the complaint is that running up close doesn't make the Sniper hurt any less.

2. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
    Anyone else notice that the barrel of the sniper cannon is TINY?

3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

It does, our cooldown is reduced. You are unable to shoot until you position yourself right on the wave from close range, especially on maps like crash n' burn and subzero.

I'm not going to comment on this anymore, the OP'er obviously hasn't checked out any of the other sniper nerf threads.

@The Grim Repair if you could merge all these duplicate threads that'd be nice

4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Keep it constructive, y'all, I hope we're all on point. I just wanted to upload this reticle for a low crit at low distance sniper cannon.
    [​IMG]

vis1234567899 likes this.
  5. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

@The Grim Repair this isn’t a duplicate thread. There are no other topics about snipers on any of the front pages in any of the boards.

Please ignore Joeyaa trying to get discussions about sniper shut down for no reason.

Last edited: 25 Nov 2017
    A55A51N likes this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

Joey, man, I hate going against you on the topic, especially since you have that many sniper cannons on your enfo setup, but this effectivity of the sniper cannon at close range is WRONG. Also, nope, no need to merge threads here, since all of us here discussing it have been there and posted that.
    Also, peeps, stay constructive and nobody stray even a little toe out of the forum rules. I DO NOT want this thread closed. This is the absolute last time I'm going to ask for a nerf to the sniper cannon. I'm not fighting for it after that.

A55A51N and Zusay like this.
  7. Joey who

Lol. I would swap my snipers for blast cannons or ex cannons in a heartbeat. I don't even play the game much but these arguements are pathetic and just straight up bias

8. TheAntiSnipe

Let's talk in PM, man. Let this thread stay as it is. Or I have a bad feeling someone is going to get angry and then we'll have to move threads. I'm gettin' too old for this!:confused:

9. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I wouldnt complain about top end crit damage nerf, those snipers that hit for 1000 don't bother me at all.
    2000+ is just silly, many of the snipers I see hit harder than my legendary Big T!

A55A51N and Shadow Moon! like this.
  10. ViscountSniffit

I wouldn’t call it confirmation bias, as I’m not saying it always hits. I’m just putting it out there as an example of how difficult it can be to avoid, given the projectile speed.

This comes back to the balance of difficulty/risk versus reward. The sniper is unquestionably one of the most accurate weapons in the game. It shouldn’t also be dishing out 1000+ damage in one hit every other shot.

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  11. Joey who

12. TheAntiSnipe

It should. It shouldnt do that at short range is what I say.

13. TheAntiSnipe

14. ViscountSniffit

Three of those are old threads that have been bumped off the front page, and the last one you [redacted] got locked (even though @TheAntiSnipe ’s idea was a unique and worthy of discussion).

Last edited: 25 Nov 2017
  15. TheAntiSnipe

Delete that! Name call, reason for locked threads

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  16. Joey who

I didn't get it locked. I didn't contact any dev on it, just stated it was a duplicate thread. His idea could have been stated in any of the other sniper threads. At least he had some originality though, this thread is just the same old same old.

Anyways, get back to topic. I won't reply on this duplicate thread, I already replied to all the others and don't feel the need to repeat myself or anyone else who has valid arguements on them

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. TheAntiSnipe

Aye, good call. Most of us have been through the grind too. But still, a wep that is effective at all ranges CANNOT BE what the devs intended this weapon to be. I jave no beef against the sniper cannon. It's unpredictable. But the fact that it even crits at close or point blank range raises the question: Why did they make it so?

18. ScreechingHotDog

ScreechingHotDog New Member

Players below nightmare have maximum level 4 rare snipers. They hit hard but maybe 1 out of 3 shots. Not that bad right? Also a sniper takes 11 seconds to reload. In a 5 minute match maximum times you can use it is around 6 times out of which it may crit 2 times. Not that bad. I have an epic level 3 sniper with 25 % and i hit 1 every match. I have seen exp cannons do 1000 + damage at the same time. I say buff blast cannons but let snipers stay the same

19. TheAntiSnipe

Well, I'm calling you out on that. I used sniper cannons, unlike many who ask for nerfs having never used said weapon. The sniper cannon, at 12.5% crit chance, crits about 6-8 times for every 20 shots fired. The reason it deserves the nerf is because of it's close range effectivity. This is what the thread is saying.

A55A51N likes this.
  20. ScreechingHotDog

ScreechingHotDog New Member

Are you really gonna use it 20 times in a game lol.
    And so far it does at least a 100 damage less when i use it in short range. That more than compensates for the large damage you get from bcs and ex cannons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.